It will be an early lunch today I think. I'm a touch famished.

I was supposed to be in meetings this whole week but that's not required. So it's all good. :)
    Sounds like you dodged a real bullet there...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 06:15 AM
    Looks like it's a Canada only promotion at this point...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    They cannot run this promotion in the US... AT&T will kill them, since I'm sure they're sitting on a stock of unsold 950s...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-25-2016 06:15 AM
    Speaking of the Canada only promotion by MSFT, I think that you'll see a fair amount of things like this going forward for one simple reason:

The high end market is too saturated. There is a small group of people who wield multiple devices, but since folks are holding onto devices longer, OEMs are going to really fight to get new devices into the hands of people.

My guess is $500 is going to be the new flagship price eventually...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-25-2016 06:22 AM
    Sounds like you dodged a real bullet there...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Actually it wasn't all that bad. I was in the meeting first half of the morning but it wasn't really required so it's all good.
    MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    04-25-2016 06:23 AM
    Everyone i use my 2014 setup (Maxx/SW3), I'm reminded of how close sometimes an OEM can get and the flaws can severely hamper all the good will in the product.

If the Maxx had the X 2015's camera, i wouldn't buy a G4. If Sony did a better job of designing the holder kit and making the metal strap more accessible, I won't have a 360 (2014) or a G Watch R.

Good luck OEMs: your margin for error is getting smaller each year. And sometimes you hit your marks and it may not still be enough...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 06:26 AM
    Actually it wasn't all that bad. I was in the meeting first half of the morning but it wasn't really required so it's all good.
    I wish i could duck all my meetings at work permanently...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-25-2016 06:27 AM
    I don't have a twitter lol :p
    Oh.. lol well whoever @hasasimo is said they posted it on the "WC forums" so I thought it was you. Good thing I didn't call him Sahib lol :D
    04-25-2016 06:32 AM
    Morning Ed.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 06:34 AM
    I wish i could duck all my meetings at work permanently...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I wish I could just duck work period!
    04-25-2016 06:35 AM
    Oh.. lol well whoever @hasasimo is said they posted it on the "WC forums" so I thought it was you. Good thing I didn't call him Sahib lol :D
    I'm glad he doesn't have a Twitter handle. I think @swing&misspro is probably taken anyways...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Morning Ed.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Morning MIA... fellas..
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    I wish I could just duck work period!
    Now, Ed, don't get my hopes up by saying that...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-25-2016 06:36 AM
    I'm glad he doesn't have a Twitter handle. I think @swing&misspro is probably taken anyways...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    *chuckles* :D
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2016 06:36 AM
    I'm actually off today. But watching the clock.. I just know my phone is going to start ringing around 9am EST
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2016 06:39 AM

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Actually.... it's available... maybe we can convince him? :P
    04-25-2016 06:39 AM
    I'm actually off today. But watching the clock.. I just know my phone is going to start ringing around 9am EST
    Anyone who calls my phone about work on my day off pays a consultation fee...

...so of course, no one calls, except my supervisor when she has a brain cramp moment - so i ignore her calls.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-25-2016 06:41 AM
    Trying to find a decent BBQ at a decent price is not going to be easy... damn things have gotten expensive!
    That's why I'm picky about these days where i go eat in NYC...it's getting ridiculous...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-25-2016 06:42 AM
    Clash Royale is SO frustratingly good! I'm at a point where trying to progress in the game is really, really difficult. It's like I take one step forward and two steps back... then, I'll have a winning streak and win 3 matches in a row, only to be followed by 2 losses... them I'm right back where I started!
    04-25-2016 06:42 AM
    Actually.... it's available... maybe we can convince him? :P
    We could try.

If 99 sees this in time, this'll go downhill really quick...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-25-2016 06:43 AM
    We could try.

If 99 sees this in time, this'll go downhill really quick...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Well at least we're not suggesting 'crash&burn'... :P
    MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    04-25-2016 06:44 AM
    Clash Royale is SO frustratingly good! I'm at a point where trying to progress in the game is really, really difficult. It's like I take one step forward and two steps back... then, I'll have a winning streak and win 3 matches in a row, only to be followed by 2 losses... them I'm right back where I started!
    Maybe I've gotten old and boring, but I'm only paying marvel clash of champions and asphalt 8 these days. Both of those have enough content to keep me occupied.

Perhaps I'll look into this one too. Still say my favorite conquer the world series was Sid Meier's Civilization series. I still have the full Civ3 pack in my house, except for the disc i need to play the game, SMH...

More importantly, i just think it's robbery with where devs have taken up the freemium model. I get it, but still...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 06:48 AM
    Well at least we're not suggesting 'crash&burn'... :P
    Neither are we suggesting @justcantscore...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-25-2016 06:48 AM
    The thing about this feeling of not getting anywhere though, is that while it seems like you're making no progress, all of your cards are constantly, and slowly being upgraded. So the more you play, the easier the current arena level becomes.

Of course the opponents are constantly upgrading their cards as well. The matchmaking is pretty much spot on, so it's just a matter of using the cards wisely to win...
    04-25-2016 06:53 AM
    Maybe I've gotten old and boring, but I'm only paying marvel clash of champions and asphalt 8 these days. Both of those have enough content to keep me occupied.

Perhaps I'll look into this one too. Still say my favorite conquer the world series was Sid Meier's Civilization series. I still have the full Civ3 pack in my house, except for the disc i need to play the game, SMH...

More importantly, i just think it's robbery with where devs have taken up the freemium model. I get it, but still...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    You should give it a shot. Give it some time, at first glance, it may not seem like much, but once it hits you and you "get it", you'll be hooked...

It's a very simple looking game on the cover, but when you start leveling up your cards, and get to where you can join a clan (Arena 3), the many intricate nuances of the game will start to reveal themselves.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:01 AM
    I've got mixed feelings about Amazon local delivery.

When I'm home, it's great. At least you're in good shape to get your stuff. The problem is when I'm not home. Sounds obvious, right?

Here's the thing. When USPS was the major carriers, what has happened recently is they installed lockers in my apartment complex to hold oversized packages that couldn't fit in the mailbox. This helps declutter the post office and saves us the trip of having to go there for **** whenever the mailman is being lazy (or in my case, whenever there's someone subbing for my mailman as he's damn good).

But the Amazon local stuff doesn't qualify in think for that. So it sucks.

I bring this all up because my G4's charger is being delivered that way...so I'll most likely have to get it from my neighbor on Sunday when i head back over.

Stuck up US problems, i know... but sometimes it sucks being an outlier in an issue...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-25-2016 07:07 AM
144,783 ... 48854886488748884889 ...