Oh yeah, and the thing about the "freemium games" with this one, yes, it's free to play, and there are plenty of ways to spend real money in the game with IAPs and such to get upgrades quicker etc.. but so far, I haven't spent a single cent on this game. It doesn't force you to buy anything at all.. it will make it enticing at times though!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:08 AM
    Spent last 30 minutes listening to Simple Man. This is a pure art.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:11 AM
    You should give it a shot. Give it some time, at first glance, it may not seem like much, but once it hits you and you "get it", you'll be hooked...

It's a very simple looking game on the cover, but when you start leveling up your cards, and get to where you can join a clan (Arena 3), the many intricate nuances of the game will start to reveal themselves.
    Well, once i max out all 69 heroes in Clash of Champions, I'll take a look at this.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:13 AM
    Oh, and the thing about being "old"...

I've always been a "gamer". I love my games.. What can I say! The GF gives me a hard time sometimes; "you're 47 years old and still playing those video games?" She says. Whenever she says stuff like that I remind her that my dad (who's 80!) still plays Unreal Tournament and Call of Duty type games on his PC and loves it!

<gamer4life> :P
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:14 AM
    Spent last 30 minutes listening to Simple Man. This is a pure art.
    "Simple Man"?

As in the Lynyrd Skynyrd song?
    MSFTisMIA and Rose640 like this.
    04-25-2016 07:17 AM
    Well, once i max out all 69 heroes in Clash of Champions, I'll take a look at this.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    You talking about Marvel Contest of Champions?
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:20 AM
    I need a new pair of in-ear headphones. The Xiaomi Pistons I have are nice on an audio level, but don't create a tight enough seal for my commute, forcing me to use higher volumes and sacrifice sound quality. It's why the preferred cans but won't wear cans on my commute.

The curse of smaller shaped ear canals...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Rose640, N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-25-2016 07:20 AM
    "Simple Man"?

As in the Lynyrd Skynyrd song?
    What else could it be
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:26 AM
    I need a new pair of in-ear headphones. The Xiaomi Pistons I have are nice on an audio level, but don't create a tight enough seal for my commute, forcing me to use higher volumes and sacrifice sound quality. It's why the preferred cans but won't wear cans on my commute.

The curse of smaller shaped ear canals...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I need to get a good pair for myself too. I have some cheap ones, they're nice and loud, i believe they're above 100 dB, but leak as hell, and have pure isolation, that's what I don't like about them. I'll probably look into ebay or amazon and order from there, 'cause you can't find anything good in stores around here.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:28 AM
    I've got mixed feelings about Amazon local delivery.

When I'm home, it's great. At least you're in good shape to get your stuff. The problem is when I'm not home. Sounds obvious, right?

Here's the thing. When USPS was the major carriers, what has happened recently is they installed lockers in my apartment complex to hold oversized packages that couldn't fit in the mailbox. This helps declutter the post office and saves us the trip of having to go there for **** whenever the mailman is being lazy (or in my case, whenever there's someone subbing for my mailman as he's damn good).

But the Amazon local stuff doesn't qualify in think for that. So it sucks.

I bring this all up because my G4's charger is being delivered that way...so I'll most likely have to get it from my neighbor on Sunday when i head back over.

Stuck up US problems, i know... but sometimes it sucks being an outlier in an issue...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    We similar issues in the UK. We've had times in the past where the mail man didn't even bother buzzing and sent it straight to the depot. It was good the depot was a small walk away but we had to wait until either later that day or next day. Then there was the line ups.

At our new place our stuff gets given to neighbours if we're not home or we somehow miss their knocking (which they don't do it seems). So that relies on us having to disturb the neighbours for our stuff. Which is a bit annoying.

I think I have to install a doorbell... might go with a wireless. Maybe see if there is an apps connected one or something.
    Ed Boland and MSFTisMIA like this.
    04-25-2016 07:41 AM
    What else could it be
    Well you said "30 minutes" so you listened to the song on repeat about 10 times? lol
    Rose640 likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:49 AM
    Well you said "30 minutes" so you listened to the song on repeat about 10 times? lol
    Yes I have. It was a nice change after Slipknot, so I got hooked. I've one through few of Zeppelin's songs too. It's nice when you turn up the volume to the maximum and your ears still don't hurt, lol.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:52 AM
    Yes I have. It was a nice change after Slipknot, so I got hooked. I've one through few of Zeppelin's songs too. It's nice when you turn up the volume to the maximum and your ears still don't hurt, lol.
    Which Zeppelin song?
    04-25-2016 07:53 AM
    I just realised I have a four day weekend coming.. :D
    04-25-2016 07:55 AM
    Then another at the end of May :D
    Ed Boland likes this.
    We similar issues in the UK. We've had times in the past where the mail man didn't even bother buzzing and sent it straight to the depot. It was good the depot was a small walk away but we had to wait until either later that day or next day. Then there was the line ups.

At our new place our stuff gets given to neighbours if we're not home or we somehow miss their knocking (which they don't do it seems). So that relies on us having to disturb the neighbours for our stuff. Which is a bit annoying.

I think I have to install a doorbell... might go with a wireless. Maybe see if there is an apps connected one or something.
    Here at our house, we always use the garage for coming in and out. We never use the front door. Unless I'm expecting something and have been following the tracking on it, they'll just leave it right at the front door. We've found packages sitting out there (via UPS) that have sat there for days until one of us just happened to notice it. Would be nice if they left a notice or note in the mailbox or something.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    So between here and the end of May I will only work one full 5 day week... :D
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 07:57 AM
    Which Zeppelin song?
    I do a couple Zeppelin covers on my YouTube channel...

Here's my rendition of "Rain Song"

N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    04-25-2016 07:58 AM
    Here at our house, we always use the garage for coming in and out. We never use the front door. Unless I'm expecting something and have been following the tracking on it, they'll just leave it right at the front door. We've found packages sitting out there (via UPS) that have sat there for days until one of us just happened to notice it. Would be nice if they left a notice or note in the mailbox or something.
    Our garage is out the back which is a lane so no deliveries there. We have no front garden either. So it's either we get it or it goes to a neighbour or to a depot. I should just get them all sent to here though at work.
    04-25-2016 07:59 AM
    So between here and the end of May I will only work one full 5 day week... :D
    Lucky baahstud! :P

I'm getting ready to move from 5 days a week (with one double shift) to 6 days a week with 2 doubles. It was completely optional though, so they're not really forcing me to do it... But it comes with a substantial increase of pay, so I'm diving in head first...
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    04-25-2016 08:03 AM
    I do a couple Zeppelin covers on my YouTube channel...

Here's my rendition of "Rain Song"

Nice one ED! I can just picture the video sequence from Song Remains the Same.
    04-25-2016 08:06 AM
    Nice one ED! I can just picture the video sequence from Song Remains the Same.
    Thanks Rue!

That song is one where you have to tune the guitar to the "Jimmy Page tuning", i.e. not your standard EADGBE tuning. It's one of my favorite Jimmy Page tunes to cover...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2016 08:11 AM
    I wish i could duck all my meetings at work permanently...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I try sometimes and am 50% successful.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-25-2016 08:13 AM
    I wish I could just duck work period!
    I'm working on that as well...
    04-25-2016 08:14 AM
    I'm glad he doesn't have a Twitter handle. I think @swing&misspro is probably taken anyways...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    He is aspiring for @swingingwithmisses
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-25-2016 08:15 AM
143,584 ... 48864887488848894890 ...