I have long weekends every other week though due to my working hours. Which is nice.
    That's the rubbing it in part, for sure...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 09:49 AM
    They cannot run this promotion in the US... AT&T will kill them, since I'm sure they're sitting on a stock of unsold 950s...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Terms and conditions state " only available to U.S, Canada and Puerto Rico" so it can still come to the us๐Ÿ˜
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 09:51 AM
    That's the rubbing it in part, for sure...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Yes but I still put in a 40 hour week just longer hours get the Friday off.

I should also point out that my work doesn't shift public holidays if our holiday falls on a Friday. So we technically work it.

I should also point out that my time in the UK is the first time in a long time for me to not be working more than 40 hours a week. I'm used to working 45+ hours a week. Not sure if that will happen on this crap project I'm on or not.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 09:54 AM
    Nor are we suggesting @parkedinthefriendszone...

Posted via Moto Maxx

I am not going to deny it ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    04-25-2016 09:55 AM
    Terms and conditions state " only available to U.S, Canada and Puerto Rico" so it can still come to the us๐Ÿ˜
    Well, when i went to the site i saw the phones listed in Canadian money, so...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2016 10:01 AM
    I am not going to deny it ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    There's a way to fix that, but I'll leave you to figure it out - even though that may take a while...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2016 10:03 AM
    Well, when i went to the site i saw the phones listed in Canadian money, so...

Posted via Moto Maxx

Same here but maybe just maybe they haven't updated the site for the U.S. I do hope I'm right though because this deal is great
    04-25-2016 10:04 AM
    Yes but I still put in a 40 hour week just longer hours get the Friday off.

I should also point out that my work doesn't shift public holidays if our holiday falls on a Friday. So we technically work it.

I should also point out that my time in the UK is the first time in a long time for me to not be working more than 40 hours a week. I'm used to working 45+ hours a week. Not sure if that will happen on this crap project I'm on or not.
    I'd take a longer work hours but a shorter commute and long weekends any day of the week...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-25-2016 10:05 AM
    Bought myself a new stainless steel thermos from Dunkin Donuts... tired of bringing my coffee cup in the car. I always end up spilling it!

image.jpeg
    MSFTisMIA, N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    04-25-2016 10:05 AM
    And why that picture is sideways I have no idea... I didn't snap it sideways!
    Rose640 likes this.
    04-25-2016 10:10 AM
    Same here but maybe just maybe they haven't updated the site for the U.S. I do hope I'm right though because this deal is great
    I'm not holding out hope, honestly.

I don't think the 950 is a bad device at all. I just think what we talked about months ago on the thread has happened...MSFT mispriced the phones. I get that these were made "for the fans". I get that mobile isn't the focus this year. I get that Windows 10 was buggy as hell on launch. But...once the surface phones drop, these would have been greater devices be wise of being affordable mid range options.

I wish they had put the 950 at $449 on launch and the XL at $549. The 950 pound for pound on a good sale in the $375 range is a very compelling choice. The G4 is still better with similar hardware and you can find those for $300 or sometimes lower. The Moto X 2015 is the same thing, but maybe $50 more than the G4.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 10:11 AM
    And why that picture is sideways I have no idea... I didn't snap it sideways!
    If be more worried if it was oriented properly and you were about to slide off the table...

That reminds me of the greatest cartoon sketch I've seen. Was a Tom and Jerry episode, but it wasn't Tom or Jerry. They had this other cat they used from time to time as a "cowardly cat". So these two mice started some psychological warfare to unnerve the poor miscreant.

The coup de grace was when the cat was asleep and they glued the furniture on the ceiling and painted the floor to look like the ceiling. When the cat woke up he spent about 5 minutes trying to jump off the "ceiling" and couldn't understand why he wasn't able to do it.

One hell of a sketch...when i was a kid the first time i saw it i died laughing for 20 minutes...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland and Rose640 like this.
    04-25-2016 10:56 AM
    So of course Amazon sends me an alert to say no one was home and they'll try to deliver it again tomorrow. I may call them and ask them to deliver it another day...

See, that's the hassle thing i don't like. I ordered it early Friday morning and it too them too long to process the order. I was hopeful they'd process and ship it quickly so I'd get it yesterday. It's weird because i ordered the replacement back for the G4 in the same order - that's the thing i thought that would show up this week and it got there early.

Convenience isn't convenient when it's a pain to fix the convenience...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-25-2016 11:00 AM
    If be more worried if it was oriented properly and you were about to slide off the table...

That reminds me of the greatest cartoon sketch I've seen. Was a Tom and Jerry episode, but it wasn't Tom or Jerry. They had this other cat they used from time to time as a "cowardly cat". So these two mice started some psychological warfare to unnerve the poor miscreant.

The coup de grace was when the cat was asleep and they glued the furniture on the ceiling and painted the floor to look like the ceiling. When the cat woke up he spent about 5 minutes trying to jump off the "ceiling" and couldn't understand why he wasn't able to do it.

One hell of a sketch...when i was a kid the first time i saw it i died laughing for 20 minutes...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I remember that one. I did feel sorry for that cat though. :P
    MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    04-25-2016 11:02 AM
    This is why i love the maxx's battery...i don't feel claustrophobic about it running out of juice. I do think that 6.0.1 is a great software match. People report getting nice battery life on the Nexus 6, which is the same internal hardware powering a bigger phone and a similar style resolution on a smaller battery.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 11:10 AM
    I remember that one. I did feel sorry for that cat though. :P
    Neither did i. But it was too funny. That and there was this line in a Gummy Bears episode that had me and my adopted brother rolling on the floor for 20 minutes one Saturday morning were the funniest laughs I've ever had from cartoons.

Ah, those were the days...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-25-2016 11:12 AM
    So it appears Google is looking to do it's own type universal apps. Interesting.

I unfortunately read the comments because the article was on WC... that was a mistake.

In a way though Google sort of has universal apps already for their own apps, but this would mean all apps on Google store,which could be interesting.

I guess we'll see where this goes.
    04-25-2016 11:35 AM
    For those who think i like to rant about the greatness of Android, there are some apps i think done much better on Windows.

YouMail is one. It was pretty equal on Windows and Android for a time, but the mucked up the Android version where if you've got a phone in airplane mode and are on wifi it is harder to check your messages. The windows version everything is clean and crisp and it is easier to see messages and missed called and those who didn't leave messages.

NJ transit's official Android app is OK but there's a better transit solution on Windows. The only thing that's missing is the ticketing option, but they layout is so much better.

And there a few others i can point out. My issue with Windows is I'd rather quality apps than a bunch of stat stuffers - see the old school blackberry world that had 1 dev who had 1/3 of his apps be fakes.

When designed well, Windows apps are very good. When designed poorly, they're not worth a damn. Just need more of the well designed ones to close the app gap...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-25-2016 11:38 AM
    So it appears Google is looking to do it's own type universal apps. Interesting.

I unfortunately read the comments because the article was on WC... that was a mistake.

In a way though Google sort of has universal apps already for their own apps, but this would mean all apps on Google store,which could be interesting.

I guess we'll see where this goes.
    Not surprised. MSFT has the right idea of cross compatible apps. This is the reason why i don't own a shield TV. Android has a ton of games and yet devs have to put in more work to make those same games work on a Chromebook and a Android TV device, as opposed to just coding once and it runs on Android TV, Chrome OS and Android as is. I think Google will have an interesting time doing this.

Oh, I'm sure the comments you read were a pure train wreck since the article was posted here on WPC...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-25-2016 11:43 AM
    Nothing wrong with that... rockauto.com for parts, but motor oil? Don't they kill you on shipping for that?
    Amazon Prime...takes care of those killer shipping charges :-)
    04-25-2016 11:45 AM
    What I only have 20 days holidays plus a lousy 8 public holidays (what they call 'bank' holidays here). The public holidays end up being so close to each other it's sad. They're basically all gone by May then it's not until August for the next one, then it's xmas after that.

I have long weekends every other week though due to my working hours. Which is nice. I'd prefer a permanent vacation though. :P
    I get 20 holidays starting this year and then we have about 10 or 11 depending on how the days fall on a certain date in a given calendar year. But they are spread out decently. We also get two shutdown weeks but then have to give up 5 of our holidays or vacation days in exchange for two weeks off. Also in summer months we get early off on Fridays. I am planning to take the team out to a roller coaster theme park next month on one of the Fridays.
    MSFTisMIA, Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-25-2016 11:47 AM
    Looks like this thread exploded like the old times...I have too many meetings to catch up. Plus there was quite a bit of moderator activity pending this morning as well...
    sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    04-25-2016 11:49 AM
    Looks like this thread exploded like the old times...I have too many meetings to catch up. Plus there was quite a bit of moderator activity pending this morning as well...
    I would take credit for it by being on my regular commute today, or being so excited to talk about my Maxx's soak test sideload, but i won't...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    sahib lopez likes this.
    04-25-2016 11:53 AM
    I would take credit for it by being on my regular commute today, or being so excited to talk about my Maxx's soak test sideload, but i won't...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I thought you would brag about MMS working on your VZW M8 :-)
    04-25-2016 11:57 AM
    Looks like the 950xl deal came online to the U.S ๐Ÿ˜ hehe looks like I'm getting a new phone !!! โ˜บ
    04-25-2016 01:12 PM
145,255 ... 48884889489048914892 ...