So Android 6 so far on my Z3...

I did a complete clean install. This is a preference of mine and something I prefer doing. Cleans all the junk out and you start fresh. I do this with Windows PCs when it's a major upgrade. Though that apparently won't happen any more.

Haven't used the camera yet so can't say anything about that.

I don't like the way the transfer to SD card works now. It's a long roundabout process for apps.

I'm annoyed they didn't include adaptive storage. I know some here don't really like that idea but personally it would have worked fine for me.

General appearance overall isn't too bad. The OS is slick and moves really nice. Looks like Sony's launcher.

The Zen Launcher isn't on yet but not sure if I'll bother.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 04-27-2016 at 05:45 AM.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-27-2016 04:24 AM
    I just got 6.0.1 for my Nexus 7 tablet as well. Updates all around! :D
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    04-27-2016 04:25 AM
    So it appears Apple finally hit it's peak, well for the moment.

I do wonder however if they will peak more or not. The fanboys are strong with that one so it's probably just a hiccup.

Then again, maybe people are finally waking up the reality... nah....
    What happened now?
    04-27-2016 06:09 AM
    That's awesome!
    Thanks! It really only took me a minute or two to whip up using a couple Adobe apps.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-27-2016 06:10 AM
    Morning troops... Coffee is brewing!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-27-2016 06:11 AM
    So the secret is out...MSFT isn't too proud of the 950 line.

So, if they knew this going in, why the F did they not price them more competitively? I wish they had gone the $449 and $549 route for the 950 and XL. Updates have made the phones better and eventually these will be the mid range once the surface phone hits...

But man, some of those companies surely know how to put head up *** sometimes...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-27-2016 06:27 AM
    What happened now?
    They sold 13% less iPhones than expected and their share price dropped another 8%.

Apple revenue falls for first time since 2003 - BBC News
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-27-2016 06:29 AM
    So the secret is out...MSFT isn't too proud of the 950 line.

So, if they knew this going in, why the F did they not price them more competitively? I wish they had gone the $449 and $549 route for the 950 and XL. Updates have made the phones better and eventually these will be the mid range once the surface phone hits...

But man, some of those companies surely know how to put head up *** sometimes...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Where did you here that?
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-27-2016 06:45 AM
    Morning troops... Coffee is brewing!
    Morning Ed. As usual, I'm on my way to the Looney bin...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-27-2016 06:57 AM
    Linky no workey... (not working for me anyway, on my phone, nor my desktop)
    Hope it works now.
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cjpg
    04-27-2016 06:58 AM
    So I'm rocking some fashionably ripped jeans (nothing to egregious) to show support of this cause.

http://denimdayinfo.org/about/

At the Looney bin today, there are a few events planned to support national denim day.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-27-2016 07:00 AM
    Where did you here that?
    Here:

http://www.windowscentral.com/surfac...ted-april-2017

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-27-2016 07:01 AM
    I'm into different. That's the thing about me. Quirky songs I find interesting. It might be the subdued musician in me.

I've listened to those albums many times all the way through when I was about your age. I was going through an exploration of music at the time. Finding out what was so great about these supposedly great bands.

I listened to this kind of stuff for a few years then moved slowly into alternative rock over time. I started with heavy metal.

Now my musical taste is very eclectic and I try to see music differently than I did when I was younger.
    I was exploring music around 4-5 years ago when I finally made it to rock, metal and smilar, and that's where I stopped. It suited me the most. I was listening to folk, pop, even a hip hop, but those were just phases. As I said, rock suits me the most, it's according to my character and most importantly very extensive, and that's why I never got bored with it.
    04-27-2016 07:03 AM
    So I've been working on my album cover. Special thanks to Laura for the idea!

Attachment 125603
    Are you alternative or death metal?
    04-27-2016 07:05 AM
    Getting ready to install yet another new build on the 1520... (10.0.14332.1001.)
    I didn't even know there was update available. Thanks!
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-27-2016 07:06 AM
    So I'm rocking some fashionably ripped jeans (nothing to egregious) to show support of this cause.

About | Denim Day

At the Looney bin today, there are a few events planned to support national denim day.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    And I thought Bosnian courts are full of ****.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-27-2016 07:13 AM
    Ed, does the Gadgets app work on your 1520? 'Cause it demands a restart on my 640 but the phone won't actually restart? Is this the case just with my phone, like the Glance was, or is it a general thing?
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-27-2016 07:15 AM
    They sold 13% less iPhones than expected and their share price dropped another 8%.

Apple revenue falls for first time since 2003 - BBC News
    Oh yeah, their sales have declined (or more or less plateaued) because everyone already has an iPhone that's "good enough", and they didn't feel the need to upgrade. The problem is that they make these phones too damn good! They last a long time, being able to run all the apps and such that the newest phones can. My GF is still hanging on to her 5S for now, even though she's been eligible for an upgrade, she's in no big hurry. She originally said she wanted to get the new SE, but after thinking about it, she has more of a "meh" stance on the matter... She's a perfect example of the stagnate market, as I believe many feel the same and are holding out. What she has now, works just fine!

The 6 "S" versions didn't have enough (in the average user's eyes) new features to warrant an upgrade (of course us techie types know that the S versions were a massive upgrade over the regular 6, but the masses aren't all techies).

I'm sure once the new one comes out (iPhone 7 or "8" from what I've heard) with an all new design, and iOS 10 with features that will only be available on the newest models, that sales will skyrocket again.
    04-27-2016 07:35 AM
    Where did you here that?
    Yup, I read Daniel's article yesterday. Kinda got that feeling from that MS event where they officially announced the Surface Book, SP4, and only spent about 5 minutes talking about the 950/950XL..
    04-27-2016 07:38 AM
    Morning Ed. As usual, I'm on my way to the Looney bin...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Have a good day at the funny farm! I'm working the evening shift myself today 4pm - 11pm
    04-27-2016 07:39 AM
    Still nothing bro... try using the picture attachment thing.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-27-2016 07:40 AM
    And I thought Bosnian courts are full of ****.
    Lots of courts and other places across the globe are full of it.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-27-2016 07:48 AM
    Have a good day at the funny farm! I'm working the evening shift myself today 4pm - 11pm
    Thanks. Same to you.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-27-2016 07:49 AM
    Are you alternative or death metal?
    Hmmm idk, I play a wide variety of styles and genres. I don't do any "death" metal, but do play some heavy stuff. On the flip side, I do a lot of casual, contemporary fusion rock/metal type stuff. All instrumental of course, some, even might consider "easy listening"..

My musical influences include heavy metal (like classic metal: Iron Maiden, Judas Preist, KISS, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne etc etc) and of course classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Steve Miller, The Cars etc etc) then modern "virtuoso" instrumentalists (Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen) ... Put all those in a blender and there you have my style! ;)
    N_LaRUE, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-27-2016 07:50 AM
    I was exploring music around 4-5 years ago when I finally made it to rock, metal and smilar, and that's where I stopped. It suited me the most. I was listening to folk, pop, even a hip hop, but those were just phases. As I said, rock suits me the most, it's according to my character and most importantly very extensive, and that's why I never got bored with it.
    And except rock some our traditional music :D
    Im pretty the same, listening everything for many years but i started with the hip hop and today i think the same. The hip hop is best music for me, i love this style of rhyme, instrumentals and the essence of this.
    But sometimes like to listen other genres (Rose will know :D)
    04-27-2016 07:50 AM
144,455 ... 48944895489648974898 ...