Good night Ed.

Sahib, it's all on you now for the next stretch...you do owe us a mini-review of that 950...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-28-2016 11:28 PM
    I really haven't missed cable since i cut it off. I need to call them though as i was given a promotional deal that i think expires in the summer. Netflix and Hulu have been enough to get me by since I'm not home enough to watch TV. I keep my show pool very small and commercial free these days...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    A tablet and Chromecast should take care of all your TV show needs sans the advertisements...
    04-29-2016 12:07 AM
    Man, being an adult is a pain in the *** at times. It's funny because as a kid i always wanted to be an adult for the freedom...and there are times as an adult i wish i was a kid...

Life is interesting like that sometimes...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I like to call it the principle of Invertendo....life is full of such paradoxes...
    04-29-2016 12:08 AM
    Man, being an adult is a pain in the *** at times. It's funny because as a kid i always wanted to be an adult for the freedom...and there are times as an adult i wish i was a kid...

Life is interesting like that sometimes...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I have moments like that as well.

I try not to have regrets and enjoy what I have now but sometimes I wish I could have did things a bit different.

Such is life.
    04-29-2016 02:15 AM
    Hard to believe that it's been about (on and off, but mostly on) 4 years with the GF. Time flies and yet stands still in some ways...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    It's our 10 year wedding anniversary next year but we've been together for 12 years.

I'll be out of Canada for 12 years this November. Time flies.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 04-29-2016 at 03:19 AM.
    04-29-2016 02:17 AM
    I need to go do a cruise again. The first and last time was about 6 years ago. A very fun experience, even though there was too much food. It was a Carnival cruise with a stopover in Jamaica (saw a few friends naturally) and Grand Cayman (which was beautiful but ******* expensive).

I'd maybe want to go see the Bahamas and maybe Cozumel, Mexico. I think my favorite part of the cruise was the captain's dinner.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I've never been on a cruise. I have to admit that I'm not overly fond of the idea but there are times I think it could be relaxing. It would have to be the right kind of cruise for us though.

One of the cruises I want to do is up the Nile river in Egypt. The other would be cruising the rivers in Europe.

But those can wait a bit.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 04-29-2016 at 03:18 AM.
    04-29-2016 02:20 AM
    It is absolutely the apps. And it's no more of a PITA to code for Win10 (Mobile C#/.NET) than it is Objective C (iOS) or Java/C, C++ (Android). I'm not an "app developer", but I do have some experience in programming from my ITT days, and my gaming mods/level design days. MSFT has made it easier than ever to port, or even code from scratch. If you can create an Android or iOS app, you can create one for Win10M.

The problem is the lack of market and interest. Nobody wants to do any extra work for a handful of potential customers it seems. And convincing the devs of the whole new broad universal app market is like trying to get your kids to try liver again.. Promising that it "doesn't taste like liver this time"! (They turn their nose up at it every time!) Windows has left a bad taste in so many dev's mouths.

Windows Phone (Win10M) has the most beautiful GUI, and probably the "smartest" phone OS out there IMO, but until the Store has every single app that the others have, it's not going to cut it... not the pretty OS alone.

Until then, it's going to be Apple or Android for me here on out.
    It's always been about market share with devs. Unfortunately trying to explain that to some people is difficult.

UWP didn't solve the problem either because you need to convince the devs that people who use a W10 PC use apps. I think a lot don't.

So it's limbo for W10M for now. I don't thing MS will kill it but I don't see it doing anything for the next 2-3 years.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 04-29-2016 at 03:17 AM.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    04-29-2016 02:23 AM
    I've never been on a cruise. I have to admit that I'm not overly fond of the idea but there are times I think it could be relaxing. It would have to be the right kind of cruise for us though.

One of the cruises I want to do is up the Nile river in Egypt. The other would be cruising the rivers in Europe.

But those can wait a bit.
    The boat i was on went so slow that there were very few times i felt the waves - mostly in the cabin because we had a first deck room. As always, as long as you pick something with good vegetarian options, you'll survive.

It's ultimately about the shore excursions where you stop over and ensuring that you don't miss the boat...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-29-2016 06:56 AM
    Morning folks. Headed into the funny farm.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    04-29-2016 06:57 AM
    And good morning!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-29-2016 07:09 AM
    I'm hanging out in ol London town...
    uploadfromtaptalk1461933005278.jpg
    04-29-2016 07:30 AM
    I wandered over the National Gallery again. It's pretty busy today, probably because of the weather.

I went to look at some paintings I haven't seen in some time. Monet and Renoir.

Here's s Monet I like. I have plans to visit this place.

uploadfromtaptalk1461933152915.jpg
    04-29-2016 07:32 AM
    And good morning!
    Sup, Ed...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    04-29-2016 07:39 AM
    I've always liked Trafalgar Square.

uploadfromtaptalk1461934121134.jpg
    04-29-2016 07:48 AM
    I need the use the camera some more to get a better feel for it. It feels different...
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-29-2016 07:49 AM
    No changes. The only thing I'd change are some money related decisions...but even then, there were certain things that happened from those that were positive.

I grew up as i was to have grown up, so i wouldn't change a thing looking back.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant; financial decisions. It's not that I'm not happy with where I ended up. Some things, like my kids and family, I wouldn't change for the world.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-29-2016 07:53 AM
    I've always liked Trafalgar Square.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1461934121134.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	125704
    Amazing pics as usual Rue! This one is wallpaper worthy right here^^^
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-29-2016 07:57 AM
    Amazing pics as usual Rue! This one is wallpaper worthy right here^^^
    I'm happy to send you a full res version. I can't remember if I have your email already.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-29-2016 08:00 AM
    I woke up late this morning... I usually get up early, like clockwork, every morning. This morning though, I only had 30 minutes to shower and get ready to run out the door to work.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    04-29-2016 08:00 AM
    I'm happy to send you a full res version. I can't remember if I have your email already.
    That'd be awesome
    04-29-2016 08:01 AM
    I'm about to go for a walk soon. Hopefully it's not raining...
    04-29-2016 08:01 AM
    I need the use the camera some more to get a better feel for it. It feels different...
    Heard they're using the newer API now...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-29-2016 08:12 AM
    A tablet and Chromecast should take care of all your TV show needs sans the advertisements...
    I don't watch much TV on the tablet...i stream stuff on the GF's OG Google cast (WTF name is that - even though i understand why).

When I'm home i watch Hulu and Netflix on my Fire Stick. I think it's been about a year now as i axed cable last summer. Love the savings.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-29-2016 08:15 AM
    It's always been about market share with devs. Unfortunately trying to explain that to some people is difficult.

UWP didn't solve the problem either because you need to convince the devs that people who use a W10 PC use apps. I think a lot don't.

So it's limbo for W10M for now. I don't thing MS will kill it but I don't see it doing anything for the next 2-3 years.
    At this point, MSFT should just shut up and focus on the next big thing...getting the surface phones to run PC like apps.

Ultimately, this is so funny to me. People are clamoring for MSFT to do this, and if they do...none of the current devices would be able to really run these. Which is what:

Another dividing line in the OS.

Just as this version of Windows 10 is, as WP8, WP7, Windows Mobile 6, etc were...

Same old ****, just a different OS version...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-29-2016 08:21 AM
    Nice pics, Rue. When i ever swim across the pond, I've got to hit you up for the best places to go see on that side...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    04-29-2016 08:22 AM
144,439 ... 49014902490349044905 ...