Feel like I might need one of those "5 hour energy" things later today...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-01-2016 09:22 AM
    Feel like I might need one of those "5 hour energy" things later today...
    Red Bull gives you wings....

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-01-2016 10:01 AM
    Red Bull gives you wings....

Indeed. Mix it with some Jgermeister, and you'll grow horns and a tail as well!
    05-01-2016 10:17 AM
    Cool. So what did you argue - for or against?

Posted via Moto Maxx
    For the move to make college free for those who want to get an AS degree. I looked up the info and just to get an AS degree is 25k and for a B.S is 40K. I do think the US has more than enough money to help us students to get higher education.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-01-2016 10:38 AM
    Guess I can go on another run...

Hey Mia do you have anytime to workout? Seeing as how stressful your life is at work I bet working out would be helpful
    05-01-2016 10:39 AM
    Morning!
    How were the burgers :p
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-01-2016 10:40 AM
    Man it's gonna be a hot summer... It's already peaking in the 90's down here (F)
    90? That's hot for May standard. it's going to be 86 here
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-01-2016 10:42 AM
    For the move to make college free for those who want to get an AS degree. I looked up the info and just to get an AS degree is 25k and for a B.S is 40K. I do think the US has more than enough money to help us students to get higher education.
    But the common argument that can be made is that public school education is free up to the end of high school. If one is planning for their kids' future, you should use the time leading up to the end of high school to save money for college.

Plus, in most cases people don't stop at the AS level, they shoot for getting a BA/BSc anyways.

Good points though Sahib.

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-01-2016 10:46 AM
    Hey Mia do you have anytime to workout? Seeing as how stressful your life is at work I bet working out would be helpful
    As my schedule stands right now, no. But I will be making some changes for the fall that may free up some time to add work outs into my rotation.

G4 Approved
    05-01-2016 10:47 AM
    But the common argument that can be made is that public school education is free up to the end of high school. If one is planning for their kids' future, you should use the time leading up to the end of high school to save money for college.

Plus, in most cases people don't stop at the AS level, they shoot for getting a BA/BSc anyways.

Good points though Sahib.

G4 Approved
    Compromise is my argument. People who argue that it's to much money to send everyone to get a B.S degree I say way not make it so that everyone get a A.S degree. That easy who see that Getting a B.S might be too hard for them could leave college with just a A.S degree. Those who know they can could do so. Or something like that. It's obviously hard to please everyone but I'm going for a compromise
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-01-2016 10:56 AM
    As my schedule stands right now, no. But I will be making some changes for the fall that may free up some time to add work outs into my rotation.

G4 Approved
    That's great!
    05-01-2016 10:57 AM
    How were the burgers :p
    Killer! Everyone ate themselves to sleep lol
    Last edited by Ed Boland; 05-01-2016 at 03:25 PM.
    05-01-2016 02:17 PM
    Ugghh today's dragging... Come on 11pm!
    05-01-2016 03:26 PM
    We can do this!!

Sent from mTalk
    05-01-2016 04:05 PM
    We can do this!!

Sent from mTalk
    I agree.

Welcome!

Ed Boland likes this.
    05-01-2016 06:18 PM
    Today has been a very dreary and rainy day here in NYC. A good day to stay home, cook soup, and have some adult type fun.

I don't mind this weather though. We are in May, which means last winter is officially moved and summer beckons...

Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 05-01-2016 at 06:47 PM.
    05-01-2016 06:19 PM
    I feel like Ed today, flipping back and forth between Marvel's Clash of Champions and Asphalt 8. I was going to do some grown up things today, but didn't feelmas well so I decided to go the low key and lazier route.

Ed Boland and sahib lopez like this.
    05-01-2016 06:20 PM
    I'm honestly getting very bored in the smartphone arena. There really isn't anything out there right now that makes me want to run out and buy a phone. While I like the G5 and the HTC 10, my interest is more of a hardware than a software thing...and wanting to ensure that my current gear is more future proof.

If Sony leaves behind my Z3 Tablet Compact, I won't be so mad. But I think it should be still good enough to get Android N. I'd love to see multi window on this thing so i can take advantage of the very good screen space.

If I keep it the full year, LG will probably update the G4 to Android N, so I'm not worried there - especially since I've got an unlocked unit.

MSFT should support the 950 line for a while, so anything I get there should be fine.

Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-01-2016 06:28 PM
    Some days I wish the OS was a bit more stable and polished for my purposes to go back to Windows as a daily driver. I still prefer the look and feel of Windows Phone 8 as my all time favorite, but I suppose as long as MSFT continues to tweak Windows 10, I could put up with it...

Ed Boland and sahib lopez like this.
    05-01-2016 06:29 PM
    Again, I must commend Jason Ward on his writing. While there are parts of his latest work I don't agree with, he is on a very nice room with a well thought out and nicely articulated line of thought. Reminds me a lot of how Michael Heller used to write on Phonearena.com back in the days...

Ed Boland likes this.
    05-01-2016 06:31 PM
    Compromise is my argument. People who argue that it's to much money to send everyone to get a B.S degree I say way not make it so that everyone get a A.S degree. That easy who see that Getting a B.S might be too hard for them could leave college with just a A.S degree. Those who know they can could do so. Or something like that. It's obviously hard to please everyone but I'm going for a compromise
    I could agrue that it'd be better to make the bachelor's degree free, and by doing that, the associate's degree would be free also.

But in my line of work, I still see youth who are doing well for themselves with an associate's degree or even in trade school. My biggest gripe is that I don't think our high school education still prepares youth as well as it should for college or trade school. It is also interesting how people still **** over vocational (trade) schools, with the perception that they're for troubled students. There are youth who even an associate's degree isn't helpful because their high school skills as fsr as writing tests and academic papers aren't great...yet they're dynamite in a kitchen, in an auto garage, or on a construction site...

05-01-2016 06:37 PM
    I see I'm still on the top liked and top posters list...

05-01-2016 06:38 PM
    One hour down, 13 to go!
    Doubles are tough man...don't know how you do it. I've done some work where I've pulled doubles and that used to floor me afterwards...hope your shift goes well...

05-01-2016 06:40 PM
    Again, I must commend Jason Ward on his writing. While there are parts of his latest work I don't agree with, he is on a very nice room with a well thought out and nicely articulated line of thought. Reminds me a lot of how Michael Heller used to write on Phonearena.com back in the days...

This is why to some degree I agree with making sure that there are appropriate anti theft mechanisms in place to protect people's devices. I was watching an episode of Underworld Inc on Netflix (Sahib, you should really check that series out, along with Drugs, Inc) which showed how a guy in Chicago steals a phone and it ends up in Ecuador. Can you imagine living in Columbia and the cops pull you over and checks your cellphone to see if your gear is stolen? That's intense...

sahib lopez likes this.
    05-01-2016 06:44 PM
    This is why to some degree I agree with making sure that there are appropriate anti theft mechanisms in place to protect people's devices. I was watching an episode of Underworld Inc on Netflix (Sahib, you should really check that series out, along with Drugs, Inc) which showed how a guy in Chicago steals a phone and it ends up in Ecuador. Can you imagine living in Columbia and the cops pull you over and checks your cellphone to see if your gear is stolen? That's intense...

Perhaps I've watched enough crime shows to still be weary of biometrics as the best current form of anti theft protection on mobile devices. I'm not sure what the answer is really, but something about the idea of using a fingerprint scanner has me on the fence. Maybe because I'm used to changing devices so frequently, but still, it is nice to see OEMs working on different solutions to protect user data.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-01-2016 06:47 PM
144,455 ... 49084909491049114912 ...