Some days I wish the OS was a bit more stable and polished for my purposes to go back to Windows as a daily driver. I still prefer the look and feel of Windows Phone 8 as my all time favorite, but I suppose as long as MSFT continues to tweak Windows 10, I could put up with it...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Windows phone always has me on the fence. At this point, you're really splitting hairs on usability when it comes to choosing between iOS, Windows and Android. I do prefer visually how Windows looks when done right...but not can look very jarring for the crude ports of the world.

My biggest problem with the app gap on Windows isnthe presence of the fakes. Now, there are fakes on iOS and Android too, but in a smaller app store I think the fakes are more damaging...

Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-01-2016 07:50 PM
    Looks like 6.0.1 is finally out for the Maxx in Brazil. I kinda like the version in Soak Test 1 because of some of the software tweaks they had.

This still comes back to this weird business cycle. If you sell enough phone you can keep potentially a nice sized engineering department to manage software. When your phones don't sell, you lay off staff...making it take longer to do updates, but it makes your after care service look terrible and people less likely to buy phones...so your phones don't sell and you have to lay off staff who handles your updates...

05-01-2016 07:58 PM
    Hey Laura, I'm pretty pleased with some of the guys your Browns picked up in the draft. Looks like Hue has some nice high character guys to work with. I still have questions about the offensive line and such, but they could be relatively competitive this year. I don't expect more than 6 wins, but they won't be a walk over in the effort department.

My Jags have had a decent off season. Our defense has been so atrocious, so I'm glad the GM had infused some talent that side. Still, I don't like our O line at all. I think that needs some work. The Giants have also had an OK offseason, but they still need O line help too.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-01-2016 08:04 PM
    Baseball season here has been interesting so far...the Yankees and old and it shows. The Mets are playing well. The Phillies - nice start. The White Sox have got to be the biggest surprise. Laura's Indians are a.500 club but still very solid. The Astros are a huge disappointment so far, along with the Twins.

Well, it's a month in. Come June, we'll had a better sense as to who the contenders are...

05-01-2016 08:17 PM
    Hey Laura, I'm pretty pleased with some of the guys your Browns picked up in the draft. Looks like Hue has some nice high character guys to work with. I still have questions about the offensive line and such, but they could be relatively competitive this year. I don't expect more than 6 wins, but they won't be a walk over in the effort department.

My Jags have had a decent off season. Our defense has been so atrocious, so I'm glad the GM had infused some talent that side. Still, I don't like our O line at all. I think that needs some work. The Giants have also had an OK offseason, but they still need O line help too.

I agree!

I would've liked if Browns got more O line, but I definitely approve of the WR picks.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-01-2016 09:13 PM
    I agree!

I would've liked if Browns got more O line, but I definitely approve of the WR picks.
    They'll probably scour the undrafted free agent market and the June cuts to see what they can find. Most teams typically take that route.

The Jags coach is under pressure to produce a winning season this year. They certainly have the talent to do that. I hope so, because I think they need the continuity because of how young the team is.

G4 Approved
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 05-01-2016 at 11:07 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-01-2016 10:48 PM
    I'm curious to see how the NBA playoffs will shake out. I still think the eventual champ is neither Golden State or the Spurs. I don't think Cleveland will win. I don't trust Toronto. I think the conference finals will be Miami v Cleveland and Spurs v Warriors. I want to pick the Spurs to win it all but if Curry is healthy enough...

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    05-01-2016 11:00 PM
    I always like watching science shows, like "How they do it", " How it's made", etc. It always gives me a great appreciation as to the things that need to get done to make modern life so modern. It also reminds me of the politics that's behind having those opportunities in the first place.

It is amazing how much some of the nuts and agrarian produce comes from countries where there are different political views and aspirations than the US (Iran is a top producer of pistachios, for instance). Most people forget that pretty much all of the economies are grounded in manufacturing and agriculture.

G4 Approved
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-01-2016 11:07 PM
    I always like watching science shows, like "How they do it", " How it's made", etc. It always gives me a great appreciation as to the things that need to get done to make modern life so modern. It also reminds me of the politics that's behind having those opportunities in the first place.

It is amazing how much some of the nuts and agrarian produce comes from countries where there are different political views and aspirations than the US (Iran is a top producer of pistachios, for instance). Most people forget that pretty much all of the economies are grounded in manufacturing and agriculture.

G4 Approved
    Sometimes people forget how hard people work both here and abroad to make some of the most innocuous things that comprise modern life. Now, the expectation is that we all cannot economically live like the wealthy - capitalism itself isn't designed for that. However, there is more than enough to go around to ensure that everyone can live relatively comfortably.

But...the rich will always want more. And the poor will always want to have enough to stave off poverty.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-01-2016 11:43 PM
    Just made it home! :dead:
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-01-2016 11:46 PM
    Got the day off tomorrow at least... I'll be able to catch up on some gaming.. I mean REST, yeah Rest that's what I meant lol
    05-01-2016 11:48 PM
    Just made it home! :dead:
    Good to see you survived..

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-01-2016 11:52 PM
    Got the day off tomorrow at least... I'll be able to catch up on some gaming.. I mean REST, yeah Rest that's what I meant lol
    I'm also off tomorrow. This week is Tuesday to Saturday work week for me. I'm sure I'll get some more gaming in between laundry loads.

G4 Approved
    05-01-2016 11:53 PM
    So I had the NASCAR race on the tvs at work today... The Talladega raceway, there was more than 5 major crashes, and impressively enough, everyone walked away without a scratch!

I'm not a huge NASCAR fan (while I am a big fan of all other things motorsports!), but with the way the car's cages and driver restraints are built these days, I've gotta say it was neat to see those cars crashing, and flipping end over end down the track, and the driver simply climbing out and walking away...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-01-2016 11:55 PM
    Good to see you survived..

G4 Approved
    Thanks. I usually sleep like a baby after a long day like this.
    05-01-2016 11:57 PM
    I see we're still retaining our "top poster/liked" status...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-01-2016 11:58 PM
    I've got a new song in mind to do a cover of... (I was listening to it in the shower)

Where Eagles Dare from Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind album. Laura knows this one; ever since she mentioned it a week or so ago, I've been wearing this album out (again - it was one of my all time favs back in the day!)

I've always had the rhythm parts down, but now that my playing has become more evolved in recent years, I think I can pull off the lead guitar parts in it no problem.

Stay tuned... (Not gonna happen tonight!)
    05-02-2016 12:04 AM
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-02-2016 12:06 AM
    I see we're still retaining our "top poster/liked" status...
    Looks like people are slacking off in the forums and thus not knocking us from the top spot...

G4 Approved
    05-02-2016 12:13 AM
    I've got a new song in mind to do a cover of... (I was listening to it in the shower)

Where Eagles Dare from Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind album. Laura knows this one; ever since she mentioned it a week or so ago, I've been wearing this album out (again - it was one of my all time favs back in the day!)

I've always had the rhythm parts down, but now that my playing has become more evolved in recent years, I think I can pull off the lead guitar parts in it no problem.

Stay tuned... (Not gonna happen tonight!)
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to this.

Speaking of Iron Maiden personnel, I heard "Tattooed Millionaire" by Bruce Dickinson on regular FM radio today.
    Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-02-2016 12:21 AM
    Back from a busy weekend, looking forward to the daily grind tomorrow...
    05-02-2016 12:32 AM
    No good pics these days, eats or otherwise...
    Ed Boland and sahib lopez like this.
    05-02-2016 12:33 AM
    That reminds me, I need to post the eats pics from the previous weekend...
    05-02-2016 12:33 AM
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to this.

Speaking of Iron Maiden personnel, I heard "Tattooed Millionaire" by Bruce Dickinson on regular FM radio today.
    Nice! Bruce is one amazing guy! And a cancer survivor... I mean the things he's done, and the things he does! Name one other person, who not only is the singer of one of the biggest, and most successful metal bands in the world, but also is a professional commercial airline pilot, AND pilots the band's Boing 747 (aka "Ed Force One") around the world? Think about it... he puts on these amazing concerts worldwide (in a lot of countries that other bands/tours would never go to) and actually is the pilot of the 747 that flies the band AND all of the stage gear/road crew around the world on their tours!

Talk about a full time job!! When does the man sleep? There's an interview (posted below.. it's worth a watch!) where he talks about the logistics of putting on a show, all the planning, prepping the plane, and everything that's involved. He truly is an amazing individual!

Oh, and in his spare time, he practices fencing, and brews his own premium ale!

Much respect for this man...

05-02-2016 12:45 AM
    No good pics these days, eats or otherwise...
    What, you didn't like the burger GIF and pic of the hashbrown casserole I posted yesterday?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-02-2016 12:46 AM
145,237 ... 49094910491149124913 ...