Heading to work!
    05-05-2016 02:08 PM
    Heading to work!
    Heading to a double header??
    MSFTisMIA, Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-05-2016 04:03 PM
    Let's hope he'll get in a 7th inning stretch...

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-05-2016 05:43 PM
    Today...was something else at work. Glad it's over.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-05-2016 05:43 PM

G4 Approved
    Today has been a rough day. I have to fill out a tax credit survey for 2015 and it is killing me....
    05-05-2016 05:47 PM
    Today has been a rough day. I have to fill out a tax credit survey for 2015 and it is killing me....

I was going back and forth about getting some alcohol to drink after work today, but I decided not to do it. Yes, it was that kind of day, so I'm in total agreement with you.
    05-05-2016 06:01 PM
    The more I handle the XL come out the more I like it. But also, the more I use it, the more it annoys me the current state that windows mobile is in.

Where MSFT is at in some ways, is not that much different than some of the Android OEM's - Which means, your hardware is good enough, but the issue is it is there software or their take on the current software.

I've always liked the OS, but the question was always going to be by the time Microsoft makes their grand move who is going to care at that point?
    05-05-2016 06:21 PM
    In other news, it would appear that the G4 is behaving again.. I was able to take a call in the GF's and had no issues in terms of the call being dropped. Also, looks like I'm getting good data signals again inside her apartment. So, this means that the G4 is back in good graces...
    05-05-2016 06:23 PM
    The more I handle the XL come out the more I like it. But also, the more I use it, the more it annoys me the current state that windows mobile is in.

Where MSFT is at in some ways, is not that much different than some of the Android OEM's - Which means, your hardware is good enough, but the issue is it is there software or their take on the current software.

I've always liked the OS, but the question was always going to be by the time Microsoft makes their grand move who is going to care at that point?
    I would like to have split screen. That's pretty much it. I can't think of what else Microsoft to add into the software.
    05-05-2016 08:23 PM
    Here is the video I said I was going to show you all. This was taken from my 830. https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=video%2cmp4
    05-05-2016 08:27 PM
    I would like to have split screen. That's pretty much it. I can't think of what else Microsoft to add into the software.
    How about a clear all option in the multitasking window?

There are other things they can do to tweak the OS...

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-05-2016 09:04 PM
    How about a clear all option in the multitasking window?

There are other things they can do to tweak the OS...

G4 Approved
    Don't take this the wrong way. I do have a question.. Why would that be needed? I mean why would you want to close out of every program In the multitasking window when it's been discussed that by closing out of a program it uses up more battery just by launching it again.
    05-05-2016 09:31 PM
    Nah, just the evening shift tonight.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-05-2016 10:15 PM

G4 Approved
    X2!

And tomorrow's another one of my "double headers" :/
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-05-2016 10:17 PM
    I've found the split screen and side by side on the iPad quite useful. Especially with my synth and recording apps on one side, and AudioBus Remote on the other.

Of course on the Win10 desktop it's a whole 'nother story!
    sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-05-2016 10:21 PM
    Don't take this the wrong way. I do have a question.. Why would that be needed? I mean why would you want to close out of every program In the multitasking window when it's been discussed that by closing out of a program it uses up more battery just by launching it again.
    I understand that. It's a matter of personal preference and perceived convenience. Stock Android has the same option where you close the apps you have running individually (some OEMS add in a clear all button). The clear all is nice because if I'm done with an app, I want to close it. If I have multiple apps running, the hardware horsepower is more than enough for me to tap one button to close all at once.

But that's a personal preference, not an absolute requirement. Still, getting the OS better and more fluid than it is now OS always welcomed...

G4 Approved
    05-05-2016 10:31 PM
    I understand that. It's a matter of personal preference and perceived convenience. Stock Android has the same option where you close the apps you have running individually (some OEMS add in a clear all button). The clear all is nice because if I'm done with an app, I want to close it. If I have multiple apps running, the hardware horsepower is more than enough for me to tap one button to close all at once.

But that's a personal preference, not an absolute requirement. Still, getting the OS better and more fluid than it is now OS always welcomed...

G4 Approved
    I love that feature in EMUI... Kill 'em all!
    05-05-2016 10:40 PM

G4 Approved
    If it's personal preference I can see the appeal since it's much more efficient to press one button than closing all open programs on by one. But if I had to choose between a close all button to a split screen window id chose the split screen Window.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-05-2016 10:41 PM
    Running a touch late this morning... :/
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-05-2016 11:25 PM
    If it's personal preference I can see the appeal since it's much more efficient to press one button than closing all open programs on by one. But if I had to choose between a close all button to a split screen window id chose the split screen Window.
    But why not have them both? I'd like split screen too, and don't think I should have to chose between those two options.

I'd also like double tap to wake. The M8 has it...not sure why MSFT took it out. Maybe if Windows Hello gets out of Beta it makes double tap not as useful, but it is nice to have options.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-06-2016 12:30 AM
    But why not have them both? I'd like split screen too, and don't think I should have to chose between those two options.

I'd also like double tap to wake. The M8 has it...not sure why MSFT took it out. Maybe if Windows Hello gets out of Beta it makes double tap not as useful, but it is nice to have options.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Oh yeah have both :p it would be nice for people who like having it. Personally I don't need it since I rather press the Windows button and let the OS handle background apps.

The m8 had double tap to wake? o.O
    05-06-2016 01:20 AM
    Running a touch late this morning... :/
    You'll make it in time for work
    05-06-2016 01:20 AM
    I love that feature in EMUI... Kill 'em all!
    Good Metallica album too!
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    05-06-2016 01:36 AM
    My Linux User Group meeting was fun!

The topic was the OpenShot video editing app, which happens to be cross-platform (it's available for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X). The presenter did a demonstration of OpenShot, which looks really easy to use.

I've always been interested in still photography, but I've never done anything with video. I might give OpenShot a try. When I get a working MXPE back, that would be a perfect opportunity, since I'll want to use the video camera just to ensure that it works.

BTW, I got an email from FedEx that a MXPE will arrive on Tuesday. Hopefully, it won't be a brick. The folks at the Linux Group meeting were flabbergasted when I told them how I got a refurbished brick last Friday.
    azcruz and Ed Boland like this.
    05-06-2016 01:43 AM
    Good Metallica album too!
    I have that on vinyl
    05-06-2016 01:44 AM
144,485 ... 49194920492149224923 ...