Got my Xbox AfterGlow controller on standby...
    05-09-2016 08:45 AM
    I see Ed is going to put in some serious gaming work...

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-09-2016 08:55 AM
    My sister tells me recently: "I love Mondays!"

I'm thinking: "I'm all for positive self-talk, but stop lying to yourself. I only like Mondays when I'm not at work..."

G4 Approved
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-09-2016 09:05 AM
    All in all, I like the LG G4. My only issues with it are the battery life (which I can mitigate to some degree with a spare), it's Mirco SIM so I cannot card swap as easily, and the recent radio issues. There are still some places where I used to get signal easily where the phone now is struggling to get service.

Otherwise, it's a solid device and I like the convenience of having a decent snapper camera wise on hand.

I still would prefer something the size of the Nexus 5X/Moto Maxx as a daily driver. It's why I was looking moreso at the 950, but the XL is such a compact big phone (slightly bigger than the G4), that I'm fine with that. I think the G5 would be the best fit for me because it a little smaller. Personally, if the 5X had a G4 GB + 3GB RAM version, that would hit the spot (even though it misses with no Qi).

Oh well, I guess even with all the cash OEMs are charging you still cannot have it all...

G4 Approved
    sahib lopez and Ed Boland like this.
    05-09-2016 09:11 AM
    Man I forgot it's going to be Monday tomorrow for me ...curses !
    Monday started about 6 hours ago😉
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-09-2016 09:16 AM
    It's a Monday in NYC too...

G4 Approved
    Yup it's definitely Monday and from the sounds of the multiple comments, a slow one at that...
    Yeah it's definetely Monday here... :P
    I think it's going to be Monday for everyone lol
    MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    05-09-2016 09:17 AM
    Morning folks. I had a very intelligent thought lined up, but I forgot it.

Maybe it wasn't as intelligent as I originally thought...

G4 Approved
    Must be Monday...
    05-09-2016 09:18 AM
    All in all, I like the LG G4. My only issues with it are the battery life (which I can mitigate to some degree with a spare), it's Mirco SIM so I cannot card swap as easily, and the recent radio issues. There are still some places where I used to get signal easily where the phone now is struggling to get service.

Otherwise, it's a solid device and I like the convenience of having a decent snapper camera wise on hand.

I still would prefer something the size of the Nexus 5X/Moto Maxx as a daily driver. It's why I was looking moreso at the 950, but the XL is such a compact big phone (slightly bigger than the G4), that I'm fine with that. I think the G5 would be the best fit for me because it a little smaller. Personally, if the 5X had a G4 GB + 3GB RAM version, that would hit the spot (even though it misses with no Qi).

Oh well, I guess even with all the cash OEMs are charging you still cannot have it all...

G4 Approved
    You can always try though...one of these days you will be able to get a phone like that... I would say the S7 comes very close to your requirements only to be let down by the software...
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    05-09-2016 09:22 AM
    Monday started about 6 hours ago😉
    Guess his Monday doesn't start until he gets that contact high from being on the bus...

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    05-09-2016 09:25 AM
    You can always try though...one of these days you will be able to get a phone like that... I would say the S7 comes very close to your requirements only to be let down by the software...
    I think you've realized by now that I never want a device that "everyone has". The S7 is close, but I'd still pick a HTC 10 or even a G5 over it...

G4 Approved
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-09-2016 09:28 AM
    Must be Monday...
    Maybe the gorgeous weather or seeing someone gorgeous threw my thought off course...

G4 Approved
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-09-2016 09:29 AM
    Still, for right now, the G4 is good enough. If I chose to downsize, it'll be a G5 or 5X (mostly likely this)...unless I score a HTC 10 on a crazy deal...

G4 Approved
    05-09-2016 09:35 AM
    Guess his Monday doesn't start until he gets that contact high from being on the bus...

G4 Approved

Forget the bus...its my neighbor I gotta worry about
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-09-2016 09:39 AM
    Installing the Forza 6 beta thing on the PC. I'll post my thoughts, and maybe a screenshot or two shortly...

I'm so going to play forza oh my desktop 😁
    05-09-2016 09:41 AM
    Well, lock your windows and close tour doors then...

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    05-09-2016 09:49 AM
    I'm so going to play forza oh my desktop
    It looks fantastic running on the GTX 970!

I am rather disappointed that there isn't an RX8 (that I can see anyway) in this version of the game.

The car painting thing is pretty cool... here's my Mustang:

capture.jpg
    05-09-2016 10:17 AM
    Off days from work, especially when it is a light to do list, are such simple treasures...

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-09-2016 11:32 AM
    I took a few random shots on the flowers by my apartment building...

G4 Approved
    Attached Thumbnails 15752.jpg  
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-09-2016 11:39 AM
    These are in auto mode, unedited. Always nice to see where smartphone cameras have come these days...

G4 Approved
    Attached Thumbnails 15751.jpg  
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-09-2016 11:40 AM
    I think you've realized by now that I never want a device that "everyone has". The S7 is close, but I'd still pick a HTC 10 or even a G5 over it...

G4 Approved
    The irony is no device quite has it all. The 6S Plus has stellar camera, awesome battery life but size is bulky for a 5.5" screen, no wireless or quick charging, slippery as an eel and software is okay. The S7 has stellar camera, good battery life, great size but needs a case (fingerprint magnet and slippery as an eel) and software is a fustercluck!

I guess it is always going to come down to the lowest amount of compromises...decisions, decisions or also known as #firstworldproblems!
    05-09-2016 11:40 AM
    Maybe the gorgeous weather or seeing someone gorgeous threw my thought off course...

G4 Approved
    I think you might have just seen something like this video...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-09-2016 11:41 AM
    Still, for right now, the G4 is good enough. If I chose to downsize, it'll be a G5 or 5X (mostly likely this)...unless I score a HTC 10 on a crazy deal...

G4 Approved
    Crazy HTC 10 deals are still priced outrageously high as of last night...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-09-2016 11:41 AM
    Can't you call the authorities anonymously?
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-09-2016 11:42 AM
    Off days from work, especially when it is a light to do list, are such simple treasures...

G4 Approved
    Enjoy, mine is packed with meetings from 9AM till 5PM today...
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-09-2016 11:42 AM
    The irony is no device quite has it all. The 6S Plus has stellar camera, awesome battery life but size is bulky for a 5.5" screen, no wireless or quick charging, slippery as an eel and software is okay. The S7 has stellar camera, good battery life, great size but needs a case (fingerprint magnet and slippery as an eel) and software is a fustercluck!

I guess it is always going to come down to the lowest amount of compromises...decisions, decisions or also known as #firstworldproblems!
    Agreed. Of the recent devices I've tried, the G4 and the Maxx have come the closest...maybe for my tastes the Maxx moreso than the G4.

It's always what you're looking for and willing to put up with...just like anything else in life...

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-09-2016 12:01 PM
145,251 ... 49264927492849294930 ...