Crazy HTC 10 deals are still priced outrageously high as of last night...
    Too, too expensive... I think of all the 2016 models so far, this is the one that I like the most. Still, there's something about the G5 that I like too. People are writing it off, and I think incorrectly so...

G4 Approved
    05-09-2016 12:03 PM
    Agreed. Of the recent devices I've tried, the G4 and the Maxx have come the closest...maybe for my tastes the Maxx moreso than the G4.

It's always what you're looking for and willing to put up with...just like anything else in life...

G4 Approved
    I am there with you but I also try to weigh my compromises with the amount of money a device costs...and that is the reason I can't seem to find anything that really sticks. So I sit by on the sidelines with my 640 sampling everything that comes along my way...
    MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    05-09-2016 12:03 PM
    Too, too expensive... I think of all the 2016 models so far, this is the one that I like the most. Still, there's something about the G5 that I like too. People are writing it off, and I think incorrectly so...

G4 Approved
    I like the G5 but I like the HTC 10 a tad bit better...the 950 is still proving to be a bit elusive...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-09-2016 12:04 PM
    Enjoy, mine is packed with meetings from 9AM till 5PM today...
    Good luck with that...

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-09-2016 12:05 PM
    I think you might have just seen something like this video...
    Oh, I saw that this morning...she went to work and I'll see that again later...

G4 Approved
    05-09-2016 12:12 PM
    I am there with you but I also try to weigh my compromises with the amount of money a device costs...and that is the reason I can't seem to find anything that really sticks. So I sit by on the sidelines with my 640 sampling everything that comes along my way...
    Agreed. LG will be pissed this year, but the G5 will be like the G4 last year - great value for money at the right price point.

The Mi 5 is a good option too if you don't mind HSPA speeds...

G4 Approved
    05-09-2016 12:18 PM
    I like the G5 but I like the HTC 10 a tad bit better...the 950 is still proving to be a bit elusive...
    Agreed 100%. The feel in hand of the G5 isn't as bad as people say. Because I wouldn't change my battery as much, I'm not worried about the modular piece of things.

Still, I'm looking forward to holding a HTC 10 in stores...

G4 Approved
    05-09-2016 12:20 PM
    So summer is unofficially here...

And yes, I bought this from the Hispanic old man I always talked about. Good to see him again.

G4 Approved
    Attached Thumbnails 15753.jpg  
    05-09-2016 12:22 PM
    Agreed. LG will be pissed this year, but the G5 will be like the G4 last year - great value for money at the right price point.

The Mi 5 is a good option too if you don't mind HSPA speeds...

G4 Approved
    The Moto X Force is a nice get, but for the price you can get the bigger but cheaper X 2015.

G4 Approved
    05-09-2016 12:27 PM
    So I popped in a Subway restaurant to get the sandwich of the day today and I saw something very interesting. Cashier was sporting a TAG Heuer smartwatch. Looks really good in person. Still a little too expensive for my taste, but again very nice looking watch.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-09-2016 12:51 PM
    God, selfie sticks are horrid...

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-09-2016 01:08 PM
    Haven't been in this hangout spot in a few years, actually. It always is interesting just to see how a city changes...old buildings fall, new buildings, current ones get renovated. Old businesses close, new ones open...green spaces emerge, green spaces get replaced by expensive properties.

Yes, even amidst this mix of concrete, glass and metal, there still is an organic feel to things. NYC, is not unlike any other sprawling city in that way, but indeed it is its own animal most times...

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-09-2016 01:25 PM
    Here's a water shot I took...

G4 Approved
    Attached Thumbnails 15760.jpg  
    Ed Boland, worldspy99 and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-09-2016 01:44 PM
    The irony is no device quite has it all. The 6S Plus has stellar camera, awesome battery life but size is bulky for a 5.5" screen, no wireless or quick charging, slippery as an eel and software is okay. The S7 has stellar camera, good battery life, great size but needs a case (fingerprint magnet and slippery as an eel) and software is a fustercluck!

I guess it is always going to come down to the lowest amount of compromises...decisions, decisions or also known as #firstworldproblems!
    The 6S Plus (and the regular 6/6S) have quick charging. You just use a 2.1A/12W iPad charger instead of the standard 1A/5W charger that comes with the iPhone.
    05-09-2016 01:45 PM
    Ok, back to chores now.

It was nice to get away for a little bit...

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-09-2016 01:48 PM
    The 6S Plus (and the regular 6/6S) have quick charging. You just use a 2.1A/12W iPad charger instead of the standard 1A/5W charger that comes with the iPhone.
    Apple needs a better approach to screen to body ratio while maintaining the iconic look...

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-09-2016 01:49 PM
    Can charge a completely drained phone in 2 hours with this method.
    05-09-2016 01:54 PM
    Apple needs a better approach to screen to body ratio while maintaining the iconic look...

G4 Approved
    I don't think it's all that bad, but like you mentioned a while back, maybe once they ditch the home button (if Jobs had his way), they'd be able to appease the bezelphobes lol
    05-09-2016 01:58 PM

G4 Approved
    About G5, maybe we are just weird for liking what other people hate.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-09-2016 02:26 PM
    Yes, but it requires you to have drunk the Apple Kool Aid and splurged even more $$ to buy an iPad to go along with your iPhone....
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-09-2016 02:43 PM
    This is a pretty cool Rube Goldberg machine made out of marbles and magnets. (And little wooden planks)

05-09-2016 02:53 PM
    Yes, but it requires you to have drunk the Apple Kool Aid and splurged even more $$ to buy an iPad to go along with your iPhone....
    lol

Well, I already had the iPad way before switching back to iPhone ;)

I am going to be upgrading my Air 2 soon though... I'm getting the 256GB 12.9" Pro mostly for my musical production/synth/guitar amp/effect modeling purposes. Those speakers have to be heard! The only thing new about the smaller 9.7" Pro is the upgraded camera that's the same in my 6S Plus.. (So I've already got that camera with OIS... And I'm not an iPad photographer)... that and that new ambient screen temp/color thing. Oh and the 12.9" has 4GB of Ram over the 2GB found in the new 9.7". So the bigger screen and better performance with my several hundred dollars worth of music production apps will suit me a lot better.
    05-09-2016 03:13 PM
    Of course I'm not your typical "Kool Aide" drinking Apple user either... At work, out of 10 people that have iPhones, I'm the only one who actually does things with his phone other than phone calls, texts, and Facebook. Seriously, those other 9 people bought one just because it's an iPhone... :/
    05-09-2016 03:32 PM
    In other news, I can't wait for EVGA (and other makes) to release their version(s) of the newly announced Nvidia GeForce 1080/1070 reference designs. I'm a big fan of EVGA though, I have an EVGA motherboard (X58 SLI) and the GTX 970. I'm sure they'll be releasing a "SSC" version like my 970 (super super clocked) with the dual BIOS switch and enhanced cooling...
    Rose640 likes this.
    05-09-2016 03:39 PM
    PC gaming is going to be very interesting over the next couple years!
    05-09-2016 03:39 PM
145,307 ... 49274928492949304931 ...