I was too but then I decided to try the French Vanilla creamer so that I do not have to add half and half and sugar to my coffee anymore. It has been really tough trying to lose weight...I am finally on track. I only need to lose about 5 lbs...I still fit in my pants from 16 years ago:-)
    That's great. I need to loose a few kilos.

I need to change my eating habits as well and do more exercise. I just need to finish the house off, get better rest and then start tackling that more. I can make some changes before that of course which will help. It's amazing how lazy one can become when a bit stressed.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    05-12-2016 12:34 AM
    I am thinking he will be more annoyed than surprised :-)
    Well that turned out to be true didn't it, though it seemed more like disappointment.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 05-12-2016 at 06:47 AM.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-12-2016 12:35 AM
    Same here, I need a vacation. Last good break was in July when we went to Oregon. Thinking of either Victoria, Canada or someplace in Mexico. Slight chance of Seattle as well. My kid is clamoring to go to Sweden...
    I really need to go back to Sweden. We only did a small trip to Stockholm but there's more to see there as with all places.

I'm hoping to make to the Loire valley this year and maybe either Vienna or Budapest. If I'm lucky all three.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 05-12-2016 at 06:48 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-12-2016 12:37 AM
    I noticed the comments about production of music earlier. I believe that many of the earlier albums were produced based upon where they were "designed" to be played.

I have some music from the 70s that does not lack bass, but it is music that would have been played primarily on home stereo systems, even back then. The only 70s radio stations that would have played it would have been freeform radio stations, due to the length of the songs.

I believe that albums and/or songs "designed" to be played regular radio stations in the 70s/early 80s were mastered with less bass for car radios. The songs/albums "designed" for hi-fi stereo systems were produced/mastered with more bass in the mix.
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    05-12-2016 01:36 AM
    Yesterday I got up at 6 a.m., went to school, got an ace, went to nearby city to watch a play at around 3:30 p.m.. We had 3 hours free so I spent that in bars and wandering around. The play started at 8 p.m., finished at 9:40. We got to back to our towm at 10:40, so I went to local pub to kill time till my bus arrives. I got home at 12:10 p.m.
    All I can say is that it'll take me some time to get recovered. I spent 17 hours away from home, on foot.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-12-2016 02:06 AM
    I'd like to say thay the play was worth it, cause it kinda was, it was very good. Maybe my top5.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-12-2016 02:07 AM
    Yesterday I got up at 6 a.m., went to school, got an ace, went to nearby city to watch a play at around 3:30 p.m.. We had 3 hours free so I spent that in bars and wandering around. The play started at 8 p.m., finished at 9:40. We got to back to our towm at 10:40, so I went to local pub to kill time till my bus arrives. I got home at 12:10 p.m.
    All I can say is that it'll take me some time to get recovered. I spent 17 hours away from home, on foot.
    That's a long day. The only time I have days like that is when I travel somewhere these days. I'm typically away from home for 12 hours a day anyway.

Just FYI... 12 midnight is 12am not pm. 12 pm is noon. I prefer the 24 hour clock. I get some weird satisfaction with 00:00.. LOL!
    05-12-2016 03:23 AM
    That's a long day. The only time I have days like that is when I travel somewhere these days. I'm typically away from home for 12 hours a day anyway.

Just FYI... 12 midnight is 12am not pm. 12 pm is noon. I prefer the 24 hour clock. I get some weird satisfaction with 00:00.. LOL!
    I prefer the 24 hour clock, since it works better. There is no confusion with 07:00 and 19:00 when setting an alarm.
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    05-12-2016 03:43 AM
    Hey Laura, I can't remember did you want one of those pictures I posted? I tried to find your email but I think I misplaced it.

If you're still want them let me know and pm your email and I'll send them to you. I meant to ask earlier but I've been a bit busier than normal.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    05-12-2016 04:02 AM
    Hey Laura, I can't remember did you want one of those pictures I posted? I tried to find your email but I think I misplaced it.

If you're still want them let me know and pm your email and I'll send them to you. I meant to ask earlier but I've been a bit busier than normal.
    Thanks! I just sent a PM.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-12-2016 04:10 AM
    Thanks! I just sent a PM.
    Sent. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-12-2016 04:14 AM
    I noticed the comments about production of music earlier. I believe that many of the earlier albums were produced based upon where they were "designed" to be played.

I have some music from the 70s that does not lack bass, but it is music that would have been played primarily on home stereo systems, even back then. The only 70s radio stations that would have played it would have been freeform radio stations, due to the length of the songs.

I believe that albums and/or songs "designed" to be played regular radio stations in the 70s/early 80s were mastered with less bass for car radios. The songs/albums "designed" for hi-fi stereo systems were produced/mastered with more bass in the mix.
    I bet that music you have from the 70's is on vinyl?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-12-2016 05:00 AM
    I bet that music you have from the 70's is on vinyl?
    Ed you're either up really early or going to bed really late!
    05-12-2016 06:05 AM
    If you posted this anywhere else on this forum you'd have a bunch of people telling you to hard reset and a bunch of others quipping how great their battery life is...

Then there would be others telling you the next build will fix everything...

Seems like nothing has changed on WP...
    And I wouldn't have given two ****s as to what the apologists would have said. I'm on the Production line of the Insider program, so I should be getting stuff a little slower but more stable than fast Ring, but not completely as snails place as slow ring.

I'm back on the G4 again today but I'll test the new update out tomorrow. Just very disappointed.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-12-2016 07:02 AM
    Dang MIA, sorry to hear about your experience with the XL. Can't say I'm surprised that it wasn't completely smooth sailing though.
    Thanks Ed. I didn't expect it to be roses. I've used the M8 before on preview builds and it wasn't horrible. Battery drained a little quick, but that's a 801 processor with a smaller battery. I get that.

With the XL, I get that this is higher res screen with a newer processor. Doze on Android and W10 standby is pretty much equal - the don't drain battery at all.

Still, even with all the issues I thought it would have been better than what it was. And I was mistaken.

G4 Approved
    05-12-2016 07:20 AM
    Still, even with all the issues I thought it would have been better than what it was. And I was mistaken.
    Was it mostly the battery or other things?
    05-12-2016 07:27 AM
    I prefer the 24 hour clock, since it works better. There is no confusion with 07:00 and 19:00 when setting an alarm.
    I always write time using the 24 hour clock. And I'm old school and say "noon" and "midnight".

G4 Approved
    05-12-2016 07:42 AM
    Could not sleep two winks last night.... Looks like quite a bit of coffee for me today.
    05-12-2016 07:44 AM
    Good morning everyone!
    05-12-2016 07:45 AM
    Was it mostly the battery or other things?
    It was a mix of things honestly. Mostly bad battery management. I was just so, so surprised as to how quickly the battery drained. I think my other issue was that the Band 2 is designed more as a smarter fitness device and that Android Wear is more designed as a notification manager (even though is an OS you can hack and root). It just takes a little more work than I'd like to manage notifications on the Band 2.

But I'll try it again over the weekend to see. Maybe the new build is better. Or maybe it's still MSFT cumulatively standing still by taking two steps forward, two steps back and two steps sideways.

G4 Approved
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-12-2016 07:57 AM
    Morning folks. Another day at the funny farm, another round of group Thursday meetings I don't like with my supervisor...

G4 Approved
    05-12-2016 08:00 AM
    Could not sleep two winks last night.... Looks like quite a bit of coffee for me today.
    That's bad. We all know that you're a sleeping three winks kind of person, so if you were able to do that, you may need a gallon of coffee...

G4 Approved
    05-12-2016 08:01 AM
    I decided to start Season 2 of Daredevil...
    05-12-2016 09:07 AM
    I decided to start Season 2 of Daredevil...
    I need to finish season 1 of Quantico. It's already up to over 20 episodes. Makes me feel like it's a one-hit wonder.

G4 Approved
    Rose640 likes this.
    05-12-2016 09:40 AM
    Nice avatar, Rue. The science one is still my favorite...

G4 Approved
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-12-2016 09:42 AM
145,282 ... 49364937493849394940 ...