The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    HTC almost nailed it this year with the HTC 10 this year...it's a little too expensive. I do like it though...fondled one in the Verizon store and was very impressed.
    Having said that, i love how the 10 feels in hand. The G5 feels, so-so, in comparison. Still, my preferences are in order: HTC 10, G5, S7. The carbon paint job on the 10 looks good, but I'd be fine going Oakland Raiders with the silver and black front paired with my 360 2014...
    05-14-2016 03:43 PM
    Having said that, i love how the 10 feels in hand. The G5 feels, so-so, in comparison. Still, my preferences are in order: HTC 10, G5, S7. The carbon paint job on the 10 looks good, but I'd be fine going Oakland Raiders with the silver and black front paired with my 360 2014...
    The 10 is the nicest phone from HTC in quite some time.
    MSFTisMIA, N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    05-14-2016 03:55 PM
    The 10 is the nicest phone from HTC in quite some time.
    Agreed 100%. I think the G5 is really nice though. I'd certainly use one, but the 10 feels better in hand, has the better audio by far. I think cameras are a awash though.

Good for HTC, bad for LG...
    05-14-2016 04:05 PM
    HTC almost nailed it this year with the HTC 10 this year...it's a little too expensive. I do like it though...fondled one in the Verizon store and was very impressed.
    Looks like htc might have a fighting chance against the s7 this year
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-14-2016 04:12 PM
    Looks like htc might have a fighting chance against the s7 this year
    They won't. They'll be as close as they were with the M7 vs the S4. But if they can adjust the prices right, they'll sell some...which would be very good for them.

LG picked the wrong year to go beta with their concept...
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    05-14-2016 04:36 PM
    Morning folks. I'm headed to work to support the teen peer educators for their workshop today.
    So...my group did OK. They were OK for a first time workshop and given the low show rate, and the fact they were the first group up, I liked what they did. Certain things didn't sit well with me leading up to today, and those things reared their ugly head (falls on my supervisor).

I had to pinch hit in clinic today and see a few patients because of a situation where a minor needed to be taken to the ER and my colleague scheduled to be in clinic needed to transport her.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    05-14-2016 05:20 PM
    They won't. They'll be as close as they were with the M7 vs the S4. But if they can adjust the prices right, they'll sell some...which would be very good for them.

LG picked the wrong year to go beta with their concept...
    At least LG is trying something that no other OEM is trying. I'll give them props for that
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-14-2016 07:30 PM
    Man this weather is crazy sunny and hot in the morning thunderstorms in the afternoon.
    05-14-2016 07:32 PM
    I do like that my 830 wasn't as wide as the 950. Makes it a bit more easier to hold
    05-14-2016 07:33 PM
    At least LG is trying something that no other OEM is trying. I'll give them props for that
    Trying something new isn't bad. The devil is always in the execution. I don't think the G5 is bad, per se, but when I pick up the HTC 10 in comparison, the phone both looks the part and feels like it performs the part too.

I think LG is onto something but may have to take a hit this year with the G5. They should have talked up the camera and not the modularity...simply because their modules are very beta. And expensive. And hard to get. WTF?

05-14-2016 09:48 PM
    So...I continued the experiment today using the band 2 and the XL.

My findings are: this is not a good match in terms of power efficiency. Not by a long shot. While I don't think Android Wear is THAT much better than what OS the band 2 runs on, for my needs it's a lot better thought out and executed. So while I like the XL and band 2 as separate items, they don't pair up well for me. My guess it's moreso how Windows is managing Bluetooth these days than anything else from a power standpoint.

So the band 2 is on the way out come next week. Without the gas guzzling Bluetooth, the battery life on the XL seems similar to the m8...which means I'll charge it nightly. Could I go back to Windows as my daily driver? Yes, if I focus solely on the camera, size screen and good cell radios for data and calls, along with reading articles for school off the screen. I would use a watch with it...either my 360 in flight mode solely as a watch, or my Citizen's Eco Drive. I just have to use it like a phone instead of having the convenience of notifications on my wrist.

The new build had been helpful battery life wise, I think...but it's only still so-so. Not as disappointed as last time, but still somewhat disappointed.

05-14-2016 09:57 PM
    So...I continued the experiment today using the band 2 and the XL.

My findings are: this is not a good match in terms of power efficiency. Not by a long shot. While I don't think Android Wear is THAT much better than what OS the band 2 runs on, for my needs it's a lot better thought out and executed. So while I like the XL and band 2 as separate items, they don't pair up well for me. My guess it's moreso how Windows is managing Bluetooth these days than anything else from a power standpoint.

So the band 2 is on the way out come next week. Without the gas guzzling Bluetooth, the battery life on the XL seems similar to the m8...which means I'll charge it nightly. Could I go back to Windows as my daily driver? Yes, if I focus solely on the camera, size screen and good cell radios for data and calls, along with reading articles for school off the screen. I would use a watch with it...either my 360 in flight mode solely as a watch, or my Citizen's Eco Drive. I just have to use it like a phone instead of having the convenience of notifications on my wrist.

The new build had been helpful battery life wise, I think...but it's only still so-so. Not as disappointed as last time, but still somewhat disappointed.

I wonder why the XL takes a hit on your XL. on my 830 and 950 and 810 battery life stayed the same and it made no difference.
    05-14-2016 10:36 PM
    I wonder why the XL takes a hit on your XL. on my 830 and 950 and 810 battery life stayed the same and it made no difference.
    It shouldn't, but for me it does. And I don't feel like doing a factory reset and starting all over again. I installed my XL from a backup of my M8 for convenience. Maybe that's the issue, but it's not just that why I'm passing on the Band 2. I think it needs to be slimmer, lighter, and they need to address the skin mark issue with it that has carried over from the OG Band.

It's just not for me so I'll send it out to a much better and more forgiving owner next week...

05-14-2016 10:48 PM
    It shouldn't, but for me it does. And I don't feel like doing a factory reset and starting all over again. I installed my XL from a backup of my M8 for convenience. Maybe that's the issue, but it's not just that why I'm passing on the Band 2. I think it needs to be slimmer, lighter, and they need to address the skin mark issue with it that has carried over from the OG Band.

It's just not for me so I'll send it out to a much better and more forgiving owner next week...

Restores were always a nightmare for me so every update on my L920 was fresh. It's one of the things that drive me a little crazy. I don't mind fresh installs but everyone kept saying how great WP was with this and that and I kept wondering what I was missing...

I did a fresh install on my Sony because I felt it was due for one. I still need to convince the wife to let me do that to her Z5 compact.

I still need to sort out her other laptop but she hasn't made up her mind about which laptop she wants. :/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-15-2016 03:36 AM
    Sunday... I'm not sure what I think of this day.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-15-2016 03:37 AM
    So we're going to look at car today which will be my car to drive to work and back. We're keeping the BMW for now and will sell it privately.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 05-15-2016 at 05:49 AM.
    05-15-2016 03:38 AM
    It's a Citroen C4 diesel with park assist. Not that I need that.

The diesel is mostly for fuel economy. I drive approximately 52 miles one way, the BMW drinks petrol like water. So with this things should be better.
    05-15-2016 03:41 AM
    Morning y'all...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-15-2016 06:08 AM
    Spent the day off yesterday with the kids, doing "family" stuff... I promised them we wouldn't sit around on our phones all day.
    05-15-2016 06:09 AM
    With that, I'm doing some heavy catching up on Clash Royale this morning! lol gawd this game drives me nutzo!!
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-15-2016 06:10 AM
    Getting ready to head off to work for a double here in couple hours...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-15-2016 06:11 AM
    Oh, I was given a gift yesterday... My youngest sons mother is getting ready to move and was cleaning out her storage. Her previous husband was also a musician (albeit a lousy one lol) and had left some things with her... I scored a brand new in the box BOSS BR-532 Digital Studio.

Here it is pictured next to my ME-80 of the same make.

image.jpeg
    05-15-2016 06:19 AM
    So my "home recording studio" got an upgrade! Of course this thing is a couple years old tech wise, and discontinued on the BOSS site, but it'll still perform. One thing about it is it takes "Smart Media" cards for storage. It's got a 32MB one in it, and from what I've read (in the manual) will take up to a 128MB card for storage.

I wonder where I can find some of these...
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-15-2016 06:23 AM
    Dang! Still kinda pricey for this type of media of such a small size...

80 something bucks for 128 MB?

SanDisk SDSM-128-770
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-15-2016 06:26 AM
    Ah, this is more like it...

$45 for three 128MB cards.

Three 3 SanDisk 128MB Smart Media 3 3V Cards Memory Card Cases | eBay
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-15-2016 06:28 AM
142,764 ... 49414942494349444945 ...