To quote Bernard Shaw:

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

It's like arguing with anyone who is 'convinced' by something.

That is a good quote😁 but yeah it was strange and also ridiculous to the point where accused me of being brainwashed by the school with history and math. I learned my lesson to not talk about conspiracy theories
    05-16-2016 08:53 AM
    It's that crazy time of year where the sun comes up around 4:30 and sets around 22:00...

Was a strange weekend weather wise. Very nice but a mix of cold winds and warm sun. One minute you're hot the next you need a jacket.
    Tell me about it, this morning it was foggy, then it rained, then there was no single cloud on the sky and the sun was shining like it was an August, then again it got cloudy again. What the hell?
    05-16-2016 09:15 AM
    I'd feel sorry for you but I'm already up and had a small breakfast by that time.
    Well, at least you get payed for it.
    05-16-2016 09:16 AM
    I was talking with an acquaintance yesterday. He's all into conspiracy theories I told him " I never have believed in any conspiracy theories" he was trying to convince me that I am blind to see them.
    I guess you can say that's my first encounter with a conspiracy theorist o.O
    Some of that stuff does make sense, but it's really pointless to get obsessed with it. It just makes you tired for nothing.
    05-16-2016 09:19 AM
    Well, at least you get payed for it.
    No that's before I get to work. :P
    Rose640, MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    05-16-2016 09:20 AM
    If that's how you see conspiracy theories, then you wouldn't like RATM
    05-16-2016 09:21 AM
    No that's before I get to work. :P
    Hahah, that's what I meant.
    05-16-2016 09:22 AM
    That is a good quote but yeah it was strange and also ridiculous to the point where accused me of being brainwashed by the school with history and math. I learned my lesson to not talk about conspiracy theories
    That's just one group.

There's the anti-vax crowd as well. Then of course religious people... all similar attributes.

Everyone can be stubborn, it's only natural that we cling to our prejudices and beliefs. It's because we put so much effort into defending them, letting them go is like losing a part of you.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-16-2016 09:24 AM
    I got so pissed off today. We were supposed to have a written assignment on our English class, some sort of essay. The professor informed us about it a week ago, so we had plenty of time to prepare for it. And guess what, 90% of my class were totally irresponsible and didn't learn ****, so our professor had to move it for the next Friday. I hate it when things like this happen.
    05-16-2016 09:25 AM
    Hahah, that's what I meant.
    I work 9 hours a day typically. The time I choose to go work is more or less up to me. I don't get paid for travel time or getting up early. So 'getting' paid for it would be an incorrect statement. There's a whole 3 hours of time I don't get paid for the purpose of 'working'.
    Rose640 and Ed Boland like this.
    05-16-2016 09:26 AM
    I got so pissed off today. We were supposed to have a written assignment on our English class, some sort of essay. The professor informed us about it a week ago, so we had plenty of time to prepare for it. And guess what, 90% of my class were totally irresponsible and didn't learn ****, so our professor had to move it for the next Friday. I hate it when things like this happen.
    There's worse things in life. Trust me.
    Rose640, MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    05-16-2016 09:27 AM
    I work 9 hours a day typically. The time I choose to go work is more or less up to me. I don't get paid for travel time or getting up early. So 'getting' paid for it would be an incorrect statement. There's a whole 3 hours of time I don't get paid for the purpose of 'working'.
    Let me correct myself. At least you get payed for 9 out of 12 hours, unlike me who doesn't get a cent for 10 hours of school. Don't complain :D
    05-16-2016 09:28 AM
    There's worse things in life. Trust me.
    I learned that last year. I had my leg broken and wasn't in school for a solid 45 days. Didn't even look at my books. And then I had to catch up the whole month in a week or so.
    05-16-2016 09:31 AM
    Let me correct myself. At least you get payed for 9 out of 12 hours, unlike me who doesn't get a cent for 10 hours of school. Don't complain :D
    You act like I never did that before either. :P I have a job in engineering because I went to school and worked for it. :P
    MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    05-16-2016 09:33 AM
    So Sahib, if someone had told you about the Panama documents (or whatever it is called) few months before, you wouldn't believe them, right?
    05-16-2016 09:33 AM
    I learned that last year. I had my leg broken and wasn't in school for a solid 45 days. Didn't even look at my books. And then I had to catch up the whole month in a week or so.
    Yes that's not great.

Lesson to learn though is that you can't control things other people do so no point getting upset about it. Just do what you can for yourself. Other people will always let you down, always.
    Rose640 likes this.
    05-16-2016 09:34 AM
    You act like I never did that before either. :P I have a job in engineering because I went to school and worked for it. :P
    That's the part that scares me the most. One more year of highschool, 3 more years of college, and 2 more of master. So many years to go!
    05-16-2016 09:35 AM
    So Sahib, if someone had told you about the Panama documents (or whatever it is called) few months before, you wouldn't believe them, right?
    That's not the best example. :P I think most people knew that the rich were hiding money offshore. The Panama papers was more or less how much they were hiding and who specifically. :P
    Rose640 likes this.
    05-16-2016 09:35 AM
    That's the part that scares me the most. One more year of highschool, 3 more years of college, and 2 more of master. So many years to go!
    Enjoy school as much as you can. Work is no picnic. I did my best to get into the work force as quickly as possible and I sort of regret that now.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-16-2016 09:36 AM
    There's generally two types of conspiracy theories.

Those that have an element of truth to them, so that if they came out as being true then you're not really surprised by it. Like the Panama Papers or even the government 'spying' on people.

Then there's the real what I call 'wacky' stuff. Aliens, chemtrails, 9/11 truthers and other weird nonsense.
    Rose640, MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    05-16-2016 09:44 AM
    Yes that's not great.

Lesson to learn though is that you can't control things other people do so no point getting upset about it. Just do what you can for yourself. Other people will always let you down, always.
    Learned that as well unfortunatelly. One of my best friends was jelaous of my final grade in Sociology and almost screwed me up. At least I learned that I can't trust anybody
    05-16-2016 09:49 AM
    Thanks.. I'm not sure what you mean by "an house" but I've been playing this game a lot longer than these people I'm dealing with now. Like I was saying, it's just going to take a little time, but when mistakes happen and something goes wrong, (and it will) everything will be lined up just right to where there will be nobody else to blame but my prime target. They don't understand that this ain't my first rodeo lol...
    Autocorrect took over. I meant you'll "clean house eventually".

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-16-2016 09:51 AM
    Enjoy school as much as you can. Work is no picnic. I did my best to get into the work force as quickly as possible and I sort of regret that now.
    Well here in Bosnia I can't really choose when do I start working. I'll be lucky if I get any job. I'd like to leave country, but who knows what life brings, maybe I'll find a good job that'll keep me here, maybe I won't.
    05-16-2016 09:52 AM
    So I was doing some research on my new guitar amp; the Peavy Bandit 112 "Red Stripe" model. Evidently, it's one of the highly coveted, last of the Made in USA models. This single 12" Sheffield speaker equipped combo amp is a little monster and loud as hell! It's also got a real spring reverb unit that sounds amazing.

I'm slowly getting my music gear upgraded one piece at a time. Now, with this amp, and the BOSS BR-532 Digital Studio, I have so many different combinations of ways to hook things up... inputs and outputs galore!!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to record video with a better quality audio track. (Without all the ambient room noise that the phone mic picks up) I've been working on my cover songs (Iron Maiden's Where Eagles Dare for one!) and want to have an excellent sounding recording to share.
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-16-2016 09:54 AM
    To quote Bernard Shaw:

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

It's like arguing with anyone who is 'convinced' by something.
    Except for when you're in my line of work when clients act like the proverbial pigs and you've got to wrestle slightly...

Conspiracy theorists, on the other hand, are pigs that should be avoided in the same vein as politrickians...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    05-16-2016 09:54 AM
142,809 ... 49444945494649474948 ...