WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 100K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

That's smaller than the previous iPad Air with an 8600mAh battery, but Apple improved efficiency with the new A8X processor in the iPad Air 2 where it gets the same battery life as the previous version. They also scaled the battery down in order to achieve the thinness of the new model at 6.1mm

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Man, I hope this upcoming Windows 10 insider preview for phones isn't as "rough around the edges" as the latest 9926 PC build. It's going to be installed on my daily driver 1520 either way..

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Starting Q4 of last year, my Xperia V has exhibited what many other folks experienced, that is random power off.

With a SIM card it's a guarantee to happen, without one, it survives some basic use such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. Since it's out of warranty, I might be paying an arm, or two arms to have this fixed. And I've seen some posts in the Sony Support forum that for some folks, the replacement exhibited the same thing, so it'a a futile exercise.

Therefore, I'm tempted to upgrade this thing to KitKat using the Tsubasa ROM. Maybe, just maybe, a miracle will happen.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Man, I hope this upcoming Windows 10 insider preview for phones isn't as "rough around the edges" as the latest 9926 PC build. It's going to be installed on my daily driver 1520 either way..

I think ima hold off with the preview for phones until I read all the threads about this

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Starting Q4 of last year, my Xperia V has exhibited what many other folks experienced, that is random power off.

With a SIM card it's a guarantee to happen, without one, it survives some basic use such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. Since it's out of warranty, I might be paying an arm, or two arms to have this fixed. And I've seen some posts in the Sony Support forum that for some folks, the replacement exhibited the same thing, so it'a a futile exercise.

Therefore, I'm tempted to upgrade this thing to KitKat using the Tsubasa ROM. Maybe, just maybe, a miracle will happen.

Nothing to lose since it was DOA the moment you can't use it as a cellphone :eek:

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Nah.. I'm the only scary thing on these back roads lol... especially considering I keep a Taurus PT-92 in the glove box. And if my car breaks down.. I always have my tools in the trunk as well. (remember, I'm a car guy... :p)

As long as I have cell service and I know the basics to car mechanics I think I'll be fine when the day comes !

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

As long as I have cell service and I know the basics to car mechanics I think I'll be fine when the day comes !

Please, for the love of God, learn how to change a tire at the very least.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Please, for the love of God, learn how to change a tire at the very least.
I do know that o_O..... I thought everyone know that before getting their DL or ever permit at that. what I mean by basic I mean changing oil, coolant , tires, you know simple stuff. now tell me how to change a piston or rebuilt and engine and I know nothing :p

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I've heard that, but I have the 1520 with the 3400 mAh battery. Never had any issues.. Every night when I get home, it always has at least 30-40% left and I think I'm a heavy user.

I've owned a N5, Z Ultra, 1520 and a 930. The common theme is that they all are SD800 phones. While the 1520 has the biggest battery, I'd still get slightly less mileage on it than I did on the 1+1, which had the slightly smaller screen on a newer chip set with a similar sized battery.

To me, it's still a gas guzzler. I have to baby my 930 to get to a day and a half. As in like really not use it.

Penned on a Xperia Z3

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I've owned a N5, Z Ultra, 1520 and a 930. The common theme is that they all are SD800 phones. While the 1520 has the biggest battery, I'd still get slightly less mileage on it than I did on the 1+1, which had the slightly smaller screen on a newer chip set with a similar sized battery.

To me, it's still a gas guzzler. I have to baby my 930 to get to a day and a half. As in like really not use it.

Penned on a Xperia Z3
all I know is that the SD800 works well for the 1520 because of the battery but not so much on the 930 with heavy use

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Penned on a Xperia Z3
The best performance I got from my Honor 6 was 51 hours.

Sent from my H60-L04 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss