Thats great. I like the doom poster lol. \m/
    Thanks!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-18-2016 05:39 AM
    G'morning!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-18-2016 05:40 AM
    Thanks Rue!

Yes, they do play the songs faster live! They usually do that to fit more songs into their allotted time.

And of course I'm only one guy, so I had to pick which part to play and sort of improvise, playing what I thought was the more pronounced parts where there's actually two or three guitars doing these parts.
    Interesting, didn't know that about the speed and time. Considering they typically do three ovations at a concert you'd think they had all the time in the world. :P

I haven't a clue at how much faster they go but it feels at least a 1/3 faster. Which sort leaves you thinkings, wow that's fast.
    Ed Boland and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-18-2016 05:40 AM
    G'morning!
    G'day mate!
    05-18-2016 05:41 AM
    Sooooo.... Nokia is coming back to mobile and tablets.

No big surprise there. Kind of surprised they bought the feature phone division off of MS but I guess it doesn't hurt.

I know they couldn't come out sooner with anything but curious why now? It's not the best time for smartphones. Regardless how good their products are they're going to have to do something pretty special to get sales. If they stuff it up they're toast really.

If I were Nokia I'd probably go three phones (low, mid and high) and two tablets. Make all the phones 5.2" screens and max out the specs for each. Do the same for the tablets.

If you're going to go for it, might as well go all in. They'll need more than just design and camera technology this time around.
    05-18-2016 06:40 AM
    As much as I complain about my bank from time to time at least they have a decent app and they're also supporting Android Pay. So it's all good. :)
    05-18-2016 07:41 AM
    Sooooo.... Nokia is coming back to mobile and tablets.

No big surprise there. Kind of surprised they bought the feature phone division off of MS but I guess it doesn't hurt.

I know they couldn't come out sooner with anything but curious why now? It's not the best time for smartphones. Regardless how good their products are they're going to have to do something pretty special to get sales. If they stuff it up they're toast really.

If I were Nokia I'd probably go three phones (low, mid and high) and two tablets. Make all the phones 5.2" screens and max out the specs for each. Do the same for the tablets.

If you're going to go for it, might as well go all in. They'll need more than just design and camera technology this time around.

I'd change one thing . I'd make a 4.7,5.2 ,and 6.2 in phones but have the same specs on all of them.
    05-18-2016 08:41 AM
    As much as I complain about my bank from time to time at least they have a decent app and they're also supporting Android Pay. So it's all good. :)
    I feel the same way about mine (Vystar credit union) They have an awesome app (they just released a new version) and have full support for Apple Pay. I thought it was kind of cool when I signed up for Apple Pay with them, the sent me a letter that had the credit union logo, as well as the Apple logo in the heading.
    05-18-2016 08:45 AM
    lol have this video on my YouTube channel, that demonstrates the Microsoft Remote Desktop app on my iPad Air 2 accessing my Windows 10 desktop. People commenting and giving it a thumbs down, saying "this isn't very helpful"... well no sh#t! Where in the title does it say that this is a "help" video? It's not a tutorial people! It's merely a demo, showing it working!

05-18-2016 08:50 AM
    I'd change one thing . I'd make a 4.7,5.2 ,and 6.2 in phones but have the same specs on all of them.
    My point was about keeping the variations down. If you start doing that you'll have 9 different phones. The 5.2 is more or less the sweet spot for phones. I know there are some people who like a bigger phone and smaller phone but you can't please everyone.

If I were to give on any one point it would be 6" flagship and that's all. So a total of four phones.

Nokia's biggest issue in the past was having far too many variants and being too slow with updates. In my mind to be a leader would be to keep the numbers down and the updates quick. Doing that would put them in the top position.

The number one complaint with Android at this stage is the slow update cycles. If Nokia can prove they can do it quicker and better than anyone else they'll have an audience for that alone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-18-2016 08:53 AM
    Oh yeah, and some of the people commenting on that Nokia feature phone article have no idea what Foxconn is, or what they actually do.
    05-18-2016 08:54 AM
    Oh yeah, and some of the people commenting on that Nokia feature phone article have no idea what Foxconn is, or what they actually do.
    Big surprise there...
    05-18-2016 08:55 AM
    Big surprise there...
    It's funny!
    05-18-2016 09:01 AM
    My point was about keeping the variations down. If you start doing that you'll have 9 different phones. The 5.2 is more or less the sweet spot for phones. I know there are some people who like a bigger phone and smaller phone but you can't please everyone.

If I were to give on any one point it would be 6" flagship and that's all. So a total of four phones.

Nokia's biggest issue in the past was having far too many variants and being too slow with updates. In my mind to be a leader would be to keep the numbers down and the updates quick. Doing that would put them in the top position.

The number one complaint with Android at this stage is the slow update cycles. If Nokia can prove they can do it quicker and better than anyone else they'll have an audience for that alone.
    I see your point. It makes sense
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-18-2016 09:09 AM

Blind fanboyism at its finest.
    05-18-2016 09:10 AM
    Lol I sent article to my friend who is into phones (the one with OnePlus X) and he said he is concerned about foxconn because of quality. I and I was like : " Yeah you should be concerned since iPhones are so awfully built" LOL
    05-18-2016 09:57 AM
    Lol I sent article to my friend who is into phones (the one with OnePlus X) and he said he is concerned about foxconn because of quality. I and I was like : " Yeah you should be concerned since iPhones are so awfully built" LOL
    That is hilarious! Pegatron builds phones for Apple as well.
    05-18-2016 10:57 AM
    Google Home, I wonder if Glade is going to sue them for copying their air freshener shape :-P
    05-18-2016 12:22 PM
    Google Home, I wonder if Glade is going to sue them for copying their air freshener shape :-P
    Speaking of copyrights, as expected, my guitar cover I posted earlier got the flag from YouTube.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-18-2016 01:42 PM
    Speaking of copyrights, as expected, my guitar cover I posted earlier got the flag from YouTube.
    ._. Well now that just sucks. Just goes to show how good you are ;)
    05-18-2016 06:11 PM
    Decluttering is getting annoying...maybe it's because if the pace as to how things are going. I should be more patient, but the better part of me want things to be over as quickly as possible...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-18-2016 07:00 PM
    Decluttering is getting annoying...maybe it's because if the pace as to how things are going. I should be more patient, but the better part of me want things to be over as quickly as possible...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Tell me about it😑
    05-18-2016 07:14 PM
    Tell me about it😑
    Well, you've gotten an earful and have been a good sport, so it is much appreciated.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-18-2016 07:43 PM
    The problem is there's such a glut on the market right now with how saturated Android is. When 600 phones were launched in 2015, either it sells or it sinks. So the resale market bombs with unpopular models that sell slowly and popular non iPhones move slower too.

The Maxx is a still a very good phone. But i want to go down to 2 phones and not keep this as an extra spare. That may very well happen though, despite my best efforts...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-18-2016 07:46 PM
    The problem is there's such a glut on the market right now with how saturated Android is. When 600 phones were launched in 2015, either it sells or it sinks. So the resale market bombs with unpopular models that sell slowly and popular non iPhones move slower too.

The Maxx is a still a very good phone. But i want to go down to 2 phones and not keep this as an extra spare. That may very well happen though, despite my best efforts...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    It also doesn't help that most people in the US never heard of the Maxx.
    05-18-2016 07:56 PM
144,439 ... 49494950495149524953 ...