At&t sold many a Sony phone. The last they sold was the Xperia Ion. If you want to use the Xperia home launcher, I can send you an apk I have for one lying around somewhere. Their unlocked models, if you know which ones to buy get LTE. My dd6603 model for the Xperia Z3 got LTE on at&t and T-Mobile.

No LTE for me in my Maxx, even though it supports it. I get 4G as I'm in T-Mobile. I'd likely get full LTE on at&t.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    No wonder I never heard of the Xperia Ion. I just looked it up. It was released with Gingerbread, when almost everything else was released with Ice Cream Sandwich by that time. Announced at 2012 CES and not released until 6 months later. The Android Central review only had 21 comments, mostly negative (bad button placement, dislike of rubber port covers, bad battery life).My guess is that I never saw it in a store, since it was in the back of the store hidden away.
    05-19-2016 08:28 AM
    No wonder I never heard of the Xperia Ion. I just looked it up. It was released with Gingerbread, when almost everything else was released with Ice Cream Sandwich by that time. Announced at 2012 CES and not released until 6 months later. The Android Central review only had 21 comments, mostly negative (bad button placement, dislike of rubber port covers, bad battery life).My guess is that I never saw it in a store, since it was in the back of the store hidden away.
    Oh, it was there. I remember during that time walking into some stores and actually seen one, and even fondling one for a little bit. That phone was never my cup of tea. By the time Sony stepped their game up with Z line, AT&T decided that it wasn't worth it. Kind of like the same place HTC is in now with the HTC 10 and the fact that AT&T dropped the phone.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2016 08:44 AM
    Oh, it was there. I remember during that time walking into some stores and actually seen one, and even fondling one for a little bit. That phone was never my cup of tea. By the time Sony stepped their game up with Z line, AT&T decided that it wasn't worth it. Kind of like the same place HTC is in now with the HTC 10 and the fact that AT&T dropped the phone.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I think AT&T has the same bad relationship with HTC as Verizon does with Microsoft.

AT&T got burned by the HTC First and hasn't forgotten that.

Verizon got burned by the Microsoft Kin and hasn't forgotten that.
    05-19-2016 08:55 AM
    I think AT&T has the same bad relationship with HTC as Verizon does with Microsoft.

AT&T got burned by the HTC First and hasn't forgotten that.

Verizon got burned by the Microsoft Kin and hasn't forgotten that.
    You can also throw Sony and T-Mobile in a similar place with their Z line. They carried the Z, Z1S and Z3. All i would ever hear are horrible stories about returns and quality control issues. Plus they kept their bootloader locked, so that was that.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2016 09:42 AM
    Morning folks. Got a morning of meetings to grind through...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-19-2016 09:49 AM
    I don't disagree with you at all. For Nokia to succeed, if that is their goal, they'll need to do something pretty special.

I think the mobile market on the whole is saturated. The only OS that isn't is WM....
    Even that I can argue is saturated too to some degree.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-19-2016 09:49 AM

Posted via Moto Maxx

Morning to all. My first class got cancelled so I got to sleep in one more hour ๐Ÿ˜
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2016 10:54 AM
    Well I just saw a few elder folks with big signs saying "vote for Bernie sanders" and feel the bern" that was interesting :p
    05-19-2016 10:56 AM
    Morning MIA... gang..

Working the evening shift myself. I got up early to get some Doom time in. Also some Clash Royale time!

Then, I'll try to squeeze a nap in before work later...
    05-19-2016 10:58 AM
    Even that I can argue is saturated too to some degree.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Depends on your idea of what saturation is I guess

Nokia flooded the market but there's really nothing around to fill the void now. No OEM is really putting out much in the way of W10M.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2016 10:59 AM
    I'm not a fan of the USA carriers. They have way too much power when it comes to the phones. The silly network issues on top of that doesn't help either.

Leave it to the free market to make life a pain.
    I'm not too familiar with the situation in UK, but carriers here don't have that much influence when it comes to phone sales. Most of the folks have unlocked phones, and even those who don't unlock them sooner or later. One of the reasons may be 'cause they don't really offer better prices than other regular store do. As a matter fact some of the phones carriers are selling are even more expensive if you buy them there. Great example of this is Samsung S6, you can get it for 480$ - 520$, while carriers sell it for 680$.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2016 11:05 AM

Nokia flooded the market but there's really nothing around to fill the void now. No OEM is really putting out much in the way of W10M.

I don't think Nokia will repeat the same mistakes twice by flooding the market. That's just me being optimistic
    05-19-2016 11:06 AM
    I don't think Nokia will repeat the same mistakes twice by flooding the market. That's just me being optimistic
    I wasn't referring to Nokia flooding the market now. I was referring to the past.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2016 11:19 AM
    I'm not too familiar with the situation in UK, but carriers here don't have that much influence when it comes to phone sales. Most of the folks have unlocked phones, and even those who don't unlock them sooner or later. One of the reasons may be 'cause they don't really offer better prices than other regular store do. As a matter fact some of the phones carriers are selling are even more expensive if you buy them there. Great example of this is Samsung S6, you can get it for 480$ - 520$, while carriers sell it for 680$.
    In the UK we have similar situations to the US but without the messed up network situation they have there with Verizon.

People get phones on contracts here because it's easy. The carriers like it because they make the most money that way. People like me they don't really like, unlocked and SIM free.

Though there are more and more people getting the unlocked phones here in the UK.

Prices at carriers are always expensive so they make their contracts look cheaper.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-19-2016 11:22 AM
    Good morning everyone. Only three meetings today, except they take up the whole day from 9:30 AM till 5 PM :-P
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-19-2016 11:36 AM

That's why I said the market is flooded. When HTC/Verizon dropped Windows 10 support for the M8, it was another reminder that MSFT is the sole author of the OS. No one else won't fully support it...and until there is a non Lumia/Surface hit, nothing won't change here.

Nokia flooded the market too well branding wise too. Until someone builds a good phone and it is marketed well enough, then things will remain the same. The last good phone that was marketed in quality as well as the Lumia was the 8X.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-19-2016 12:48 PM
    Ugh ended up using my nap time to level up in DOOM... I'm gonna be a tired puppy tonight at work. Self inflicted!

Thank god for 5 hour energy shots!
    05-19-2016 02:31 PM
    Pshsh I'm tired already! I really wish I would've taken that nap. :/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2016 02:32 PM
    Pshsh I'm tired already! I really wish I would've taken that nap. :/

On the bright side when you do get home you will get to look forward to sleeping ๐Ÿ˜
    Ed Boland likes this.
    05-19-2016 03:30 PM
    Today was the last day of instructional classes. Now to get ready for finals :(
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    05-19-2016 09:42 PM
    A stinky neighbor paid a visit to my apartment complex.
    N_LaRUE, Ed Boland, azcruz and 1 others like this.
    05-20-2016 12:05 AM
    Home... and bed.
    05-20-2016 12:15 AM
    I see this place was rocking while I slept...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-20-2016 12:20 AM
    Long weeks suck.
    Laura Knotek, Ed Boland and sinime like this.
    05-20-2016 12:30 AM
    The good news is that the next three weeks are short ones and a four day weekend in there to boot.

The month has gone very fast and my birthday is coming quick. :/
    05-20-2016 12:31 AM
145,242 ... 49514952495349544955 ...