Well, my favorite exchange about kids/marriage is a line i stole from my cousin:

(Insert Dad/family members/co-workers/other people(: "MIA, when are you getting married/having kids?"

MIA: "I'm reading the book but haven't gotten to those chapters in it yet..."

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I got married and skipped the kids. :P Apparently a good decision going by recent research. :P
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-25-2016 10:10 AM
    Moving from Cali to another state is like moving to another country in the EU...

They might speak English (well that's debatable in some states) but it's a different culture in each one. There might be the overall 'US is great' mentality but every state is a bit different.
    Well even if he stays in Cali, California isn't exactly small so from one part of California to another could take longer to travel than from, let's say Zagreb to Frankfurt.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-25-2016 10:13 AM
    So Looks MS killed off what was left of Nokia's hardware division.

Seems like a lot of WM fans are taking that as meaning it's all over now.

I have not idea what to make of anything to be honest. When you're almost at zero market share what does one do?

I think it's a start from scratch happening, yet again but who knows? I'm guessing they're hoping other OEMs make the phones and they stick to the software. That's what the shareholders wanted anyway.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-25-2016 10:13 AM
    Well even if he stays in Cali, California isn't exactly small so from one part of California to another could take longer to travel than from, let's say Zagreb to Frankfurt.
    Very true but even Cali has different 'zones' in it. I haven't seen much of California or the west of the US. It's an area I still need to get to along with some other parts. A big road trip coming one day.

But that's assuming he were to stay in Cali. Maybe opportunity is elsewhere. Life is strange like that.
    05-25-2016 10:16 AM

To put it in context. You can travel from Orland to salt lake city Utah in the same time I can travel from Orland to Santa Barbara. Yes Cali is that big haha
    05-25-2016 10:18 AM
    To put it in context. You can travel from Orland to salt lake city Utah in the same time I can travel from Orland to Santa Barbara. Yes Cali is that big haha
    That's until the 'Big One' Then we'll just have Arizona Bay.... :P
    sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-25-2016 10:19 AM
    Very true but even Cali has different 'zones' in it. I haven't seen much of California or the west of the US. It's an area I still need to get to along with some other parts. A big road trip coming one day.

But that's assuming he were to stay in Cali. Maybe opportunity is elsewhere. Life is strange like that.

And the culture differs between northern California and south California.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-25-2016 10:20 AM
    How unfortunate for you that she's taken. :(

Nothing wrong with having a girl friend. ;) I've had one since I was 16 (long time ago...). We're still friends but our lives are very different.
    Hopefully we will be able to stay in contact, we both will be studying in Ljubljana so we could see each other.
    I asked her if she wants to stay in contact with whole class and she said she has no reason to, she only talks with me.
    05-25-2016 10:21 AM

That made me laugh :p
    05-25-2016 10:22 AM

True, you never know.
    Hopefully we will be able to stay in contact, we both will be studying in Ljubljana so we could see each other.
    I asked her if she wants to stay in contact with whole class and she said she has no reason to, she only talks with me.
    Hmmm interesting...
    I got married and skipped the kids. :P Apparently a good decision going by recent research. :P
    Sounds like you picked the chapter you wanted to read and skipped the other stuff...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    05-25-2016 10:23 AM
    So Looks MS killed off what was left of Nokia's hardware division.

Seems like a lot of WM fans are taking that as meaning it's all over now.

I have not idea what to make of anything to be honest. When you're almost at zero market share what does one do?

I think it's a start from scratch happening, yet again but who knows? I'm guessing they're hoping other OEMs make the phones and they stick to the software. That's what the shareholders wanted anyway.
    It was over the moment the rumors that Nokia was coming to WP became true.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-25-2016 10:24 AM
    The girl I know was the cousin of someone that I knew from my neighbourhood. She grew up in the US in Pennsylvania.

She's not famous though :P
    In my case her dad (a scientist) and my dad (a civil engineering store manager) worked at the same organization. We used to meet at the public events and really hit it off about 30 odd years ago. She is a year older than me and we went to the same engineering school after we finished high school.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-25-2016 10:26 AM
    Moving from Cali to another state is like moving to another country in the EU... :P

They might speak English (well that's debatable in some states) but it's a different culture in each one. There might be the overall 'US is great' mentality but every state is a bit different.
    While USA is diverse it isn't as bad as Europe or India or Asia for that matter.
    Rose640 likes this.
    05-25-2016 10:28 AM
    I'm sure you're working on it though...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    It is an uphill climb and on fumes it gets even more difficult!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-25-2016 10:29 AM
    Well, i can ship the laughs from here out to you...just don't open it at home or else you'll be sleeping in the car for a few days...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I think usually I do most of the shipping if memory serves me correct except it isn't laughs or the gas from the funny farm :-)
    05-25-2016 10:30 AM
    Sounds like you picked the chapter you wanted to read and skipped the other stuff...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Pretty much. :)

Want to save your marriage? Don't have kids | Opinion | The Guardian
    sahib lopez and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-25-2016 10:30 AM
    Well, my favorite exchange about kids/marriage is a line i stole from my cousin:

(Insert Dad/family members/co-workers/other people(: "MIA, when are you getting married/having kids?"

MIA: "I'm reading the book but haven't gotten to those chapters in it yet..."

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Must be a book by Stasi Eldridge....
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-25-2016 10:32 AM
    I have one and that is way more than enough according to the empirical evidence that I have!
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-25-2016 10:32 AM
    You would be correct! It takes about 11 hours of non stop driving at 70+ miles an hour on Interstate 5 to cross California!
    05-25-2016 10:33 AM
    More like that long....
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-25-2016 10:34 AM
    While USA is diverse it isn't as bad as Europe or India or Asia for that matter.
    That's true. I think the main reason behind that is due to the insistence on being 'American' first and then whatever else you are second. The schools and media drive those points home continuously.

I think if wasn't for that there would be a more diverse culture in the US. It's diverse anyway but not as diverse as it could be.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    More like the Lake Mead beaches will actually be the ones that take you to the Pacific Ocean :-P
    sahib lopez likes this.
    And the culture differs between northern California and south California.
    It is different between Orland/Sacramento and San Francisco Bay area, FWIW.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    05-25-2016 10:35 AM
143,557 ... 49624963496449654966 ...