Speaking of huge number of pages. I had to learn like 240 pages is Bosnian, both literature and grammar. I skipped both the studying part of it and the part where I have to go to class and do the test. I'm just too young to be worried about that crap. I have a college in a few years, worries can wait.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    05-31-2016 02:15 PM
    I don't see where you are going with this?
    See the post above.
    05-31-2016 02:15 PM
    I was just floored when i saw it, so i had to take a picture and talk about it here.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    That's the dumbest thing that I've seen, but I've seen it in stores here. I'm not sure about Walmart, since I haven't shopped for hair products in Walmart in years.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-31-2016 02:25 PM
    I spotted a bit of sarcasm there.

No, I wasn't reffering to that, but the suit thing. Same ridicolous thing is going on here, people of different nationalities have some serious prejudice about each other, just like that old man in your case.
    Yeah but on the bus you at least can't notice if one is Bosnian or Serbian.
    05-31-2016 02:32 PM
    Yeah but on the bus you at least can't notice if one is Bosnian or Serbian.
    Exactly. That's what I was saying. Let me explain since it seems that I hadn't been clear.
    You're in the bus, guy approaches you and asks you about your name. As you already know name is almost certain indicator of nationality/religion here. He gets surprised hearing your name, 'cause he understands that you're Bosniak/muslim. And then he starts talking to you how he had never seen nicely dressed muslim, or whatever the case is.

Hope it's a bit more clear now :)
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-31-2016 02:39 PM
    I spotted a bit of sarcasm there.

No, I wasn't reffering to that, but the suit thing. Same ridicolous thing is going on here, people of different nationalities have some serious prejudice about each other, just like that old man in your case.
    That's been happening from before Christmas was born. It's so engrained into human DNA it seems. My other point from bringing this up was the same I've made at a few workshops with teenage males:

Racism exists everywhere, especially in a place like NYC. As long as you live in 'Murica, you'll run into it...it'll just be more subtle in some places than others, sadly.

'Murica has shown it's simply not ready to tackle improving ethnic relationships within its borders on a national scale. Yes, many people do what it necessary to take care of this on a small group/1-1 level, but realistically speaking, that's not enough...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    05-31-2016 02:42 PM
    Exactly. That's what I was saying. Let me explain since it seems that I hadn't been clear.
    You're in the bus, guy approaches you and asks you about your name. As you already know name is almost certain indicator of nationality/religion here. He gets surprised hearing your name, 'cause he understands that you're Bosniak/muslim. And then he starts talking to you how he had never seen nicely dressed muslim, or whatever the case is.

Hope it's a bit more clear now :)
    Wut, that's a thing now? No one here would ask you what's your name if they don't know you(elderly people often forget your name 😂 ).
    05-31-2016 02:44 PM
    That's the dumbest thing that I've seen, but I've seen it in stores here. I'm not sure about Walmart, since I haven't shopped for hair products in Walmart in years.
    You can see some dumb stuff in Walmart very easily, not only from staff and management to customers too. If you ever pop into a walmart, ask for the perm products for your hair and let us know:

1) what the staff person's reaction was

2) if the aisle was set up similarly to the picture i took.

I'm sure they'll give you a look and the aisle will look the same as the picture...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2016 02:45 PM
    You can see some dumb stuff in Walmart very easily, not only from staff and management to customers too. If you ever pop into a walmart, ask for the perm products for your hair and let us know:

1) what the staff person's reaction was

2) if the aisle was set up similarly to the picture i took.

I'm sure they'll give you a look and the aisle will look the same as the picture...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I'm sure that is the case, sadly.

You're absolutely right about perms. The process is the same whether the end result is making hair curly or straight. The difference is how it is styled after applying the chemicals. Harsh chemicals are bad for hair and especially bad for skin. Some products have harsher chemicals than others.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-31-2016 03:00 PM
    I'm sure that is the case, sadly.

You're absolutely right about perms. The process is the same whether the end result is making hair curly or straight. The difference is how it is styled after applying the chemicals. Harsh chemicals are bad for hair and especially bad for skin. Some products have harsher chemicals than others.
    Agreed.

It's just that on an ethnic level, the pursuit of straight hair as a form of a certain type of beauty has just been damaging for so long on some levels. Yet another hold over experience...

At the end of the day, a woman should be free to style her hair as she chooses. It is just comical and sad Walmart has to have an "ethnic hair" section.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    05-31-2016 03:33 PM
    Agreed.

It's just that on an ethnic level, the pursuit of straight hair as a form of a certain type of beauty has just been damaging for so long on some levels. Yet another hold over experience...

At the end of the day, a woman should be free to style her hair as she chooses. It is just comical and sad Walmart has to have an "ethnic hair" section.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Oh, I agree!

There are definitely much more important issues than how someone wishes to style her hair. It's her hair. She should wear it in whatever style she considers attractive.

"Ethnic" is a stupid category. Every person on earth has an ethnicity.

All perm products should just be in the same aisle without any different labels. Shoppers will know which products they want.
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-31-2016 03:45 PM
    Oh, I agree!

There are definitely much more important issues than how someone wishes to style her hair. It's her hair. She should wear it in whatever style she considers attractive.

"Ethnic" is a stupid category. Every person on earth has an ethnicity.

All perm products should just be in the same aisle without any different labels. Shoppers will know which products they want.
    They should just call it hair care and put all the stuff in 1-2 aisles. But that's the common sense solution to things...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-31-2016 03:51 PM
    Laura, how's your X Pure Edition doing? Would you recommend it to folks?

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2016 03:52 PM
    They should just call it hair care and put all the stuff in 1-2 aisles. But that's the common sense solution to things...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Exactly!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    05-31-2016 03:54 PM
    Laura, how's your X Pure Edition doing? Would you recommend it to folks?

Posted via Moto Maxx
    It's doing great! I would recommend it.

I believe the first one was defective from the start because it ran rather hot (around 100-115F). I didn't send it back initially, since people mentioned having similar temperatures on the AC forums. It went back when it completely died after I watched a YouTube video.

The new one runs much cooler. The hottest it ever got was 100F, but it usually runs around 75-90F.
    screenshot_20160531-155542.jpg
    worldspy99 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    05-31-2016 04:08 PM
    It's doing great! I would recommend it.

I believe the first one was defective from the start because it ran rather hot (around 100-115F). I didn't send it back initially, since people mentioned having similar temperatures on the AC forums. It went back when it completely died after I watched a YouTube video.

The new one runs much cooler. The hottest it ever got was 100F, but it usually runs around 75-90F.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160531-155542.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	126979
    Interesting. I've always thought about the X Pure Edition, but felt it was a little too large for my taste. Perhaps I'm still in that mood to get rid of my Maxx...lol.

I think I'd prefer the X Force instead (known as the Droid Turbo 2 here), but it is too hard to find and too expensive...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    05-31-2016 07:19 PM
    Interesting. I've always thought about the X Pure Edition, but felt it was a little too large for my taste. Perhaps I'm still in that mood to get rid of my Maxx...lol.

I think I'd prefer the X Force instead (known as the Droid Turbo 2 here), but it is too hard to find and too expensive...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I'm not sure how expensive or available the X Play is. I believe it's a bit smaller than the X Pure.
    05-31-2016 07:45 PM
    I'm not sure how expensive or available the X Play is. I believe it's a bit smaller than the X Pure.
    Runs the same processor as the HTC A9. Also know as the Droid Maxx 2 on Verizon. Don't think that outside of it being 64-bit and using the same camera as the X pure it offers much more than the Maxx. I mean, the hardware combo in the Maxx is the same as the Nexus 6...

Perhaps I'm just best skipping 2016 and upgrading next year for Android...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-2016 09:49 PM
    Bah, mornings.
    06-01-2016 12:12 AM
    Bah, mornings.
    Well you are in a nice mood today😁
    06-01-2016 12:15 AM
    Bah, mornings.
    May I suggest cake by the ocean? 😉
    06-01-2016 12:15 AM
    Well you are in a nice mood today😁
    It's my birthday and I'll be grumpy if I want to.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    06-01-2016 12:21 AM
    I just read some news there are people planning to boycott Finding Dory because it might show a gay couple for all of two seconds... why am I stuck on the same planet as these people?

They seemed to have forgotten the voice of the main character is a lesbian...
    06-01-2016 12:24 AM
    It's my birthday and I'll be grumpy if I want to.
    Sure, go right ahead...
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-01-2016 12:26 AM
    I just read some news there are people planning to boycott Finding Dory because it might show a gay couple for all of two seconds... why am I stuck on the same planet as these people?

They seemed to have forgotten the voice of the main character is a lesbian...
    One word...Ignorance!
    06-01-2016 12:27 AM
145,307 ... 49764977497849794980 ...