The work day started out like a cluster****...but once things picked up steam, everything ran like a oiled machine. Thank the heavens I'm off on Monday, or else I'd flip out on my supervisor...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Same here.. I've got one more double shift to get through tomorrow (Fathers Day) and then I'm off Monday. Whew... today was a long day!
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-18-2016 10:27 PM
    Totally loving the temple pics Rue!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-18-2016 10:27 PM
    Full rez please?
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-18-2016 10:28 PM
    The Temple of Aphaea
    Attachment 127604
    A couple of shots of the Parthenon.
    Attachment 127586
    These^^^
    06-18-2016 10:29 PM
    Full rez please?
    Sure. I'll send them once I'm home.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    06-18-2016 11:27 PM
    Sahib, be clear on the goals you have. Stay in tune with them - be honest with yourself when you have to make changes. The senior folks in the room can tell you that if you're not grounded in your goals and in tune with them, when adult life fully kicks in, you can end up with a ton of unhappiness to go along with a ton of responsibility.

There are opportunities that still value the type of attitude of working to achieve things on their own merit, instead of the seemingly pervasive "sense of entitlement because i exist" attitude of some of your peers. That attitude is the most nauseating thing i see on a daily basis from young people today.

If you need anymore motivation, here's some: you're a person of color in 'Murica. The system is STILL designed to exploit and subjugate you. Therefore, you've got to grab it by the throat, figure out how it works and manipulate it to take care of you and your family.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    To clear things up a bit. I wasn't trying to discourage him. I was pointing out that he may need to take a different route to where he wants to get to. Nothing more.
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    06-18-2016 11:30 PM
    I have a question , well multiple questions. How long did you have to wait to get a job? Did you feel discouraged after going though multiple interviews and not getting the position? If not what helped you get through it?
    To add to my previous points.

Interviews are deceptive for a reason. You shouldn't assume anything.

I'm not a fan of group interviews like you went to where there were lots of people applying for whatever amount of positions. I'd personally approach companies instead of doing that again.

Multistage interviews are common. The key thing is practice. Don't get discouraged with not making it through to the next round. Try to think what happened with it, learn and try again.

The learning part is the key factor. If need be find someone to practice interviewing with.

If you don't learn from the experience then you're doing something wrong and won't move forward.

Don't worry about when, concentrate on the what and where.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 06-20-2016 at 06:52 AM.
    06-18-2016 11:37 PM
    I'm back lol I'd reply to everyone but I'm running on 6 hours of sleep and 17% of battery and I'm still not near a charger port lol.
    06-19-2016 01:08 AM
    Morning crew!

Happy Father's Day to you dads out there! (My kids got me a new DVD burner for my PC :D )
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2016 06:35 AM
    Followed by a "Dad, now can you burn those movies for us?" :)
    06-19-2016 06:36 AM
    It's Sunday and I have to work tomorrow. 😞
    06-19-2016 09:31 AM
    To clear things up a bit. I wasn't trying to discourage him. I was pointing out that he may need to take a different route to where he wants to get to. Nothing more.
    Never said you were discouraging him. My comments were building on the premise you just stated. So if he has to go a different route, he's got to be grounded in his goals as it's easy to get lost in the sauce of things.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    06-19-2016 09:55 AM
    Happy Father's day to all, especially to 99, Ed and the other regulars here who are dads...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    06-19-2016 09:57 AM
    To add to my previous points.

Interviews are deceptive for a reason. You shouldn't assume anything.

I'm not a fan of group interviews like you went to where there were lots of people applying for whatever amount of positions. I'd personally approach companies instead of doing that again.

Multistage interviews are common. The key thing is practice. Don't get discouraged with not making it through to the next round. Try to think what happened with the it, learn and try again.

The learning part is the key factor. If need be find someone to practice interviewing with.

If you don't learn from the experience then you're doing something wrong and won't move forward.

Don't worry about when, concentrate on the what and where.
    YouTube has some resources on interview tips, if Sahib is a visual learner. He can also tape his own practice interviews too, as sometimes nothing beats the instant visual feedback a video can provide. The only other thing i'd add here is if you walk in not confident, you won't have a chance.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-19-2016 10:00 AM
    YouTube has some resources on interview tips, if Sahib is a visual learner. He can also tape his own practice interviews too, as sometimes nothing beats the instant visual feedback a video can provide. The only other thing i'd add here is if you walk in not confident, you won't have a chance.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Main point would be not to let your guard down. Really good interviewers can make you feel too comfortable and it only takes a small thing to trip you up. Probably what that last guy did with you.

If you haven't got any feedback yet ask for some. You can't change what you don't know. Of course every interview situation is different but any feedback is better than none.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-19-2016 10:12 AM
    This is all very useful and helpful rue and Mia. I'll use the 12 hour drive to think about what happened. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2016 10:19 AM
    Also Mia I know you saw the game. That was one game I bet el tri wished they would disappear.
    06-19-2016 10:21 AM
    Also Mia I know you saw the game. That was one game I bet el tri wished they would disappear.
    Told you that El Tri needed to pull it together or they'd get hammered...and they got hammered.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    06-19-2016 10:52 AM
    Told you that El Tri needed to pull it together or they'd get hammered...and they got hammered.

Haha I was not expecting Mexico to lose Thar bad.... Mexico had never lost that bad ever
    06-19-2016 03:17 PM
    Haha I was not expecting Mexico to lose Thar bad.... Mexico had never lost that bad ever
    Quarterfinals in tournaments, especially the World Cup, have be historically unkind to El Tri...that's a fact.

sahib lopez likes this.
    06-19-2016 05:53 PM
    Interesting read. Sahib, if you take up this responsibility, here's a peek of what may await you...

http://interactive.nydailynews.com/2...ion-parenting/

06-19-2016 05:53 PM
    Hey Laura!

Looks like you've got a championship parade to attend...what a win by LeBron and what a choke job by Golden State...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2016 09:44 PM
    The new phone itch has not gone away. I'd like to get the G5 or OP3 at the end of the year, but the OP3 lacks a SD slot (really wish it was a dual SIM hybrid) and there are still lingering build quality concerns about the G5.

Man, it is hard to find something good these days...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 06-20-2016 at 11:33 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2016 10:05 PM
    Still, i do like my Maxx. I was tempted to get a Nextbit Robin, but I'll pass. It's a nice phone and while the hardware internals are somewhat similar between the Maxx and Robin, i don't see it as a clear upgrade.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2016 10:06 PM
    The new phone itch has not gone away. I'd like to get the G5 or OP3 at the end of the year, but the OP3 lacks a SD slot (really wish it was a dual SIM hybrid) and there are still lingering build quality concerns a out the G5.

Man, it is hard to find something good these days...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I really did enjoy my G4 experience and am tempted to get another one...i think LG is still very underrated, but are shooting themselves in the foot with some of their choices...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-19-2016 10:07 PM
144,738 ... 50135014501550165017 ...