LaRUE, I love off off topic threads! And I'll try not to talk sports too much. :)
    I do mention sports occasionally, but I like basketball and American football.
    N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    06-23-2016 01:56 AM
    Not to put a damper on your plans or anything but why electrical? Why engineering is another...

Electrical is the least paid engineering group of the bunch and has the highest level of technical ability.

As for engineering, it's not like it used to be, at least from a work standpoint. It's more about money than about design 95% of the time. I guess it depends where you get a job I suppose. But it's all from an accountant perspective these days.
    When I was in university, I knew a guy from another nearby university who was studying electrical engineering. He was in a local rock band at the time. He works as a soundman at a club nowadays.
    Rose640 likes this.
    06-23-2016 02:00 AM
    When I was in university, I knew a guy from another nearby university who was studying electrical engineering. He was in a local rock band at the time. He works as a soundman at a club nowadays.
    Well he'll have a good understanding of the equipment at least. :P

As you know I'm in the engineering industry as an electrical engineer... so I was just offering advise. :)

I work for a very large EPMC so that's why I said depends where you work. You're often in a situation where you can work for a smaller company and have a relatively enjoyable job but have low pay or you work for a larger company, make more money but the job can be quite dull.

A lot of grads we have currently are a bit concerned about gaining practical skills. Lots of times with large companies they expect you to take a hit to gain those skills as well. At least that's what I'm finding here in the UK anyway.
    06-23-2016 02:24 AM
    I got a new interview on Friday :)
    Good luck. Remember the advice MIA and I gave you. Hopefully it's not another one of those group interview situations.
    06-23-2016 02:26 AM
    06-23-2016 02:36 AM
    Well he'll have a good understanding of the equipment at least.
    The other two guys in the band were also electrical engineers. Both of them moved out of state, and I don't know what they're doing now.

I've always liked music, so that would be my interest if I were an electrical engineer.
    06-23-2016 02:40 AM
    Electrical Engineering was my course back in college, as my school at that time doesn't offer anything computer related.

I ended up in IT...
    06-23-2016 02:50 AM
    Electrical Engineering was my course back in college, as my school at that time doesn't offer anything computer related.

I ended up in IT...
    I was hoping to do something similar. I took electronics but ended up in electrical.. not too far removed from each other but not exactly the same.
    Laura Knotek, Rose640 and azcruz like this.
    06-23-2016 03:01 AM
    The other two guys in the band were also electrical engineers. Both of them moved out of state, and I don't know what they're doing now.

I've always liked music, so that would be my interest if I were an electrical engineer.
    I've never thought of electrical engineering with music. More electronics.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2016 03:12 AM
    I've never thought of electrical engineering with music. More electronics.
    I've always been interested in synthesizers, since I was a keyboard player. Dr Bob Moog was an electrical engineer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Moog
    06-23-2016 03:14 AM
    I've always been interested in synthesizers, since I was a keyboard player. Dr Bob Moog was an electrical engineer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Moog
    Oh I'm not saying electrical engineers can't do music but when you learn about electronics engineering you learn about all those aspects of amplification, noise and so on. That does get covered in basic with electrical engineering but not to the same extent as electronics.

That's why I was saying that. I know people who took electrical engineering and when I mention what I took in my course they looked at me like I was speaking another language.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2016 03:34 AM
    No I meant you will be my competition for jobs and that if you are going to study the same thing as I will :)
    Ooh, I get it now, lol. Well, I doubt it, since Slovenia is in EU and we're miles behind. Though I'll try to get out of here, maybe we'll meet somewhere in Germany
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2016 05:15 AM
    Digital vs. Analog. I used to make iPod connectors that bypasses the analog out and takes the digital out to feed a DAC.

Unless their headphones have a built-in DAC, it's just marketing.
    Well I don't know, I'll try to find a video, I think it was Lew from Unbox Therapy, not sure.
    06-23-2016 05:16 AM
    Not to put a damper on your plans or anything but why electrical? Why engineering is another...

Electrical is the least paid engineering group of the bunch and has the highest level of technical ability.

As for engineering, it's not like it used to be, at least from a work standpoint. It's more about money than about design 95% of the time. I guess it depends where you get a job I suppose. But it's all from an accountant perspective these days.
    I may have expressed incorrectly. I mean something like IT. See here Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Sarajevo: ENGLISH. Check departments, Computer science and informatics.
    azcruz likes this.
    06-23-2016 05:19 AM
    Seems like when I stop by here nobody is around
    It's been quiet as I can see. There were times when you'd be absent for 2 hours and you'd have 2 pages to read, nobody is in mood I suppose.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-23-2016 05:21 AM
    I may have expressed incorrectly. I mean something like IT. See here Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Sarajevo: ENGLISH. Check departments, Computer science and informatics.
    It looks very heavily IT based but I can't tell fully from descriptions if there's any electrical engineering components to it. I wouldn't call the person who graduated with that an electrical engineer.

It looks like a course for people who want to learn to design data centres, from what I can tell.
    06-23-2016 06:06 AM
    Now we play the waiting game... 😉
    N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    06-23-2016 08:02 AM
    It looks very heavily IT based but I can't tell fully from descriptions if there's any electrical engineering components to it. I wouldn't call the person who graduated with that an electrical engineer.

It looks like a course for people who want to learn to design data centres, from what I can tell.
    I just noticed that English and Bosnian sites don't have the same content. Well there's a lot of stuff. These are the subjects, you can use Google translate if can't understand, Elektrotehni?ki fakultet Sarajevo: Ra?unarstvo i informatika
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2016 08:21 AM
    I just noticed that English and Bosnian sites don't have the same content. Well there's a lot of stuff. These are the subjects, you can use Google translate if can't understand, Elektrotehni?ki fakultet Sarajevo: Ra?unarstvo i informatika
    It still looks like a data centre course to me... don't take that the wrong way.

Nothing wrong with that but it's not electrical engineering as I know it.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-23-2016 08:36 AM
    Morning folks.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-23-2016 10:14 AM
    Got the trip planned, tickets are all booked and all reservations have been made....now I am staring at a giant hole in my wallet :-)
    06-23-2016 10:26 AM
    Got the trip planned, tickets are all booked and all reservations have been made....now I am staring at a giant hole in my wallet :-)
    Know that feeling all too well...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-23-2016 10:35 AM
    06-23-2016 10:42 AM
    Work done, now of to vote then eat. Then I'm off work for a few days!
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and sinime like this.
    06-23-2016 11:46 AM
    What..... Well that its sad
    06-23-2016 01:37 PM
143,664 ... 50185019502050215022 ...