Pretty sad to think I already need a holiday and I just got back from one! LOL!
    Take a mini vacation!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-29-2016 08:16 AM
    The chaotic mess this country is at the moment has made it a bit difficult to think straight the last few days.

It's difficult to think what to do as there's no clue what the UK/EU deal will be. So not sure what steps to take 100%

We have ideas but they're about 2-3 years away.
    Based on the stuff I'm reading looks like Leave campaign folks clearly did not think enough about the repercussions of their actions.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    06-29-2016 08:18 AM
    As of yesterday September 8 is the magic date in terms of finding out if I need to find a new job and what will be the potential end date at the current employment location.
    06-29-2016 08:19 AM
    Based on the stuff I'm reading looks like Leave campaign folks clearly did not think enough about the repercussions of their actions.
    You mean they had a Trump moment? Are we surprised, really?

Posted via Moto Maxx
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-29-2016 08:35 AM
    Morning folks.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-29-2016 08:36 AM
    You mean they had a Trump moment? Are we surprised, really?

Posted via Moto Maxx
    It's worse than a Trump moment...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-29-2016 08:51 AM
    It's a mix bag. There are people totally ecstatic about the whole thing. In other words, clueless. Others did a 'protest' vote (why I don't know) and they're the ones regretting their decision.

There's a lot of nationalistic nonsense running mad at the moment. I don't think most people really understand the implications or how bad it can or will be.

Most have this belief the EU will crumble in a year's time and believe that it's best to get out now. Other's think that the EU will bow to our demands. While others can care less about the EU altogether and just want the 'foreigners' out.

There's this idea of freedom to trade with the world now that we're free of the shackles... trade what I haven't quite figured out but... you know.. details...

Of course the leave campaign lied the entire time and most on that side fully believed they wouldn't win so have no plan at all. We're in this sort of vague space at the moment.

Until the actual triggering of the exit begins I don't think we'll have a clear idea of what will happen but already many companies are withholding investment, banks are looking to leave and the markets are in a bounce formation.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    06-29-2016 08:57 AM
    Here in the USA it is standard practice for better or worse.
    That's seems a violation of rights but then so is work...
    06-29-2016 09:51 AM
    Take a mini vacation!
    Considering it. Possibly Vienna or just somewhere in France. Not sure yet. Not many days left unfortunately.
    06-29-2016 09:51 AM
    Looks like it got quieter here...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    06-29-2016 12:43 PM
    The chaotic mess this country is at the moment has made it a bit difficult to think straight the last few days.

It's difficult to think what to do as there's no clue what the UK/EU deal will be. So not sure what steps to take 100%

We have ideas but they're about 2-3 years away.

Completely agree.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    06-29-2016 12:55 PM
    Sup y'all! I actually slept in today (working night shift tonight)
    06-29-2016 01:09 PM
    So having played the guitar for around 35 years, I finally went out Monday and bought something I've never owned or used...

A capo!

image.jpeg
    06-29-2016 01:11 PM
    I also purchased an amp stand for the Peavy Bandit Red Stripe. It has 5 height adjustment settings; from about a foot off the ground, up to around 4 feet high.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-29-2016 01:14 PM
    It's a mix bag. There are people totally ecstatic about the whole thing. In other words, clueless. Others did a 'protest' vote (why I don't know) and they're the ones regretting their decision.

There's a lot of nationalistic nonsense running mad at the moment. I don't think most people really understand the implications or how bad it can or will be.

Most have this belief the EU will crumble in a year's time and believe that it's best to get out now. Other's think that the EU will bow to our demands. While others can care less about the EU altogether and just want the 'foreigners' out.

There's this idea of freedom to trade with the world now that we're free of the shackles... trade what I haven't quite figured out but... you know.. details...

Of course the leave campaign lied the entire time and most on that side fully believed they wouldn't win so have no plan at all. We're in this sort of vague space at the moment.

Until the actual triggering of the exit begins I don't think we'll have a clear idea of what will happen but already many companies are withholding investment, banks are looking to leave and the markets are in a bounce formation.
    Good article here of the potential ramifications. Here?s How Brexit Could Affect The Global Car Industry
    06-29-2016 01:17 PM
    That's seems a violation of rights but then so is work...
    It's been around since at least the mid-80s and held up in court.

Polygraph tests were required at one time instead. I remember one application mentioning taking a polygraph test when I applied for a job in 1985 when I was 16. I never took the polygraph, since they weren't interested in hiring me. The store went out of business when I was still in high school.

Polygraph tests for employment were thrown out by court rulings, and that's around when the drug testing started.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    06-29-2016 01:20 PM
    So having played the guitar for around 35 years, I finally went out Monday and bought something I've never owned or used...

A capo!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	127978
    Wow! I thought all guitarists use capos.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    06-29-2016 01:21 PM
    Man, the resale market for phones these days is a buyer's paradise...and a seller's nightmare.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-29-2016 01:29 PM
    Sup y'all! I actually slept in today (working night shift tonight)
    I wanted to sleepwalk through work today but my supervisor had other ideas...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek, Azensun and N_LaRUE like this.
    06-29-2016 01:30 PM
    Good article here of the potential ramifications. Here?s How Brexit Could Affect The Global Car Industry
    This article is also great. http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2016/...n-uncertainty/

On side note, I still remeber watching James May cars of the people where he said that about buying EU cars, he was driving in white BMW E21 (3 series).
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-29-2016 02:03 PM
    Rant, gripe, whine, and a few other words. I certainly hope everyone else is having a better day than I am! I'm trying to come up with something witty/dry/hilarious/whatever to say, but all I can come up with is GRRRRR.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-29-2016 02:25 PM
    Rant, gripe, whine, and a few other words. I certainly hope everyone else is having a better day than I am! I'm trying to come up with something witty/dry/hilarious/whatever to say, but all I can come up with is GRRRRR.
    I suppose you could drop an F-bomb here if you want...don't worry, it gets blurred out so you won't be in any trouble...sorry to hear the day isn't going so well.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Azensun, N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    06-29-2016 02:33 PM
    I suppose you could drop an F-bomb here if you want...don't worry, it gets blurred out so you won't be in any trouble...sorry to hear the day isn't going so well.

Posted via Moto Maxx

Oh, I'm always in trouble for something (LOL). Thanks for the sympathies, I know it will get better. How's your day?
    06-29-2016 02:38 PM
    Oh, I'm always in trouble for something (LOL). Thanks for the sympathies, I know it will get better. How's your day?
    Not bad, not too good either. Things are winding down for the work day, so I'm glad for that.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    06-29-2016 03:17 PM
    Busy printing out boarding passes and hotel reservations! Can't wait to get out of this depressing place!
    06-29-2016 04:22 PM
142,845 ... 50305031503250335034 ...