Morning folks. Happy July 4th to the US folks...and to everyone else, hope your Monday has been going well so far...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Happy July 4th! Or should it be the 2nd? :P

Enjoy your holiday! :D
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-04-2016 09:15 AM
    It was a purposely divisive campaign. It's shown the true colours of some people and brought out the nastier side of the British public. There are more racist people in the UK than I thought there were. There's lots of people trying to say there isn't but I've seen lots of it in the five years I've been here.

You can't fight against bitterness unfortunately. There's no argument for it. Especially bitterness that stretches back decades. People have held on to it for too long and found the perfect outlet for it. It is without a doubt a no confidence vote on the government. They are really protesting it rather than the EU but at the same time feel a sense of pride of being 'British' so it's a double win in their eyes.
    The racism in the UK is just as bad as it is here in the US, so I'm not surprised.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-04-2016 09:49 AM
    Happy July 4th! Or should it be the 2nd? :P

Enjoy your holiday! :D
    If I get technical, the only real independence day I respect is August 6th (Jamaica's).

07-04-2016 10:25 AM
    If I get technical, the only real independence day I respect is August 6th (Jamaica's).

It's probably because I'm Canadian that the whole 'independence' thing makes little sense to me. Sure we have Canada Day but really it's not the same. We're still part of the Commonwealth too so it's not like we fully left. :P
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-04-2016 10:41 AM
    I just read an article on the Guardian about Toronto. https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...an-canada-week

Funny how things haven't changed much since I left almost 13 years ago. Sure they built some new buildings but not much else has really changed.

The last time I was there back in 2013 it didn't feel all that different, a bit of change here and there but still Toronto. Still boring. LOL!
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-04-2016 10:44 AM
    It's probably because I'm Canadian that the whole 'independence' thing makes little sense to me. Sure we have Canada Day but really it's not the same. We're still part of the Commonwealth too so it's not like we fully left. :P
    I think we are as well. But, as much as were gained independence from the Queen, we still have a lot of British influenced in government and such...

N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-04-2016 12:51 PM
    I just read an article on the Guardian about Toronto. https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...an-canada-week

Funny how things haven't changed much since I left almost 13 years ago. Sure they built some new buildings but not much else has really changed.

The last time I was there back in 2013 it didn't feel all that different, a bit of change here and there but still Toronto. Still boring. LOL!
    Did you ever go to Caribana while you were in Toronto?

07-04-2016 01:01 PM
    I'd rather look at wrists to see what kind of watches are being worn than watch paint dry...but then again, Sahib may see something exciting in the paint that only he can see...😉

Well watching paint dry is boring
    07-04-2016 01:11 PM
    I think we are as well. But, as much as were gained independence from the Queen, we still have a lot of British influenced in government and such...

Does Jamaica use the "ise" spelling like the UK or the "ize" spelling like the US and Canada?
    07-04-2016 01:14 PM
    Ah time to relax today 😀. Maybe take some shots of fireworks
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-04-2016 01:15 PM
    Does Jamaica use the "ise" spelling like the UK or the "ize" spelling like the US and Canada?
    When I was growing up there we used the "ise" spelling. Since I've moved away for seemingly OEMs now, my guess is a mix of mostly "ise" and the occasional "ize" spelling what's happening now.

Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-04-2016 01:30 PM
    Australia is 'ise' but here in the UK is a mixture as well. Most people recognise both.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-04-2016 01:34 PM
    So I was able to finally figured out how to sideload updates for the Maxx. I'm running soak test 4, wth the may 1st security patch. From what I'm seeing these is the version that'll be the Maxx's (in all likelihood last major OS) official 6.0.1 update. For a phone with hardware capable enough to run N (I'm not calling it that nougat name), it'll get tossed in the trash for sure.

I did a dirty install, so we'll see what happens. I still most likely will root the device, once I get a 950.

N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-04-2016 01:34 PM
    Did you ever go to Caribana while you were in Toronto?

No, I never made it. I think I saw bits of it one year but that's it, I think.

We've thought of going to the one here but the weather is never that good and it seems a bit over crowded.
    07-04-2016 01:37 PM

In Australia it's still heavily British but Canada is a bit less.

Saying that the Aussies don't like Brits.
    07-04-2016 01:39 PM
    Someone should show this to Trump supporters. If they don't get it after this, they never will.
    http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/07/0...st-site-islam/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-04-2016 05:22 PM
    So I'm not related to those morons in any way possible. We don't share same blood, ancesters, language, culture, nothing. All we do is pray to God in a same way, and that's apparently a good enough reason for some people to label us are their equal.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-04-2016 05:36 PM
    To make things clear. You're not a muslim if you kill 400 people in a span of one week during your holly month, and another 5 or so just before Eid. You can not tell me you're killing in the name of the same God in whose holly month you did those bad deeds. That's a basic definition of paradox.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-04-2016 05:39 PM
    Want to hear the worst thing? The place where I live, this small town of 32000 residents, is one of the main hot spots of wahabbies, or whatever they're called. You know that latest ISIS video, the guy who speaks Bosnian and talks ****? His house is not more than 10km from mine. Ever heard of sufi community Bocinja? They're part of our municipality as well.
    Do I need to say anything else? How am I supposed to stay normal with all this sickness around me. And it's me that kids point finger to as a 'satanist', but you know, being a terrorism supporter is a trend these days, so that's cool.
    07-04-2016 05:45 PM
    I'm off to watch some Critikal's videos to fix my mood.
    07-04-2016 05:46 PM
    Someone should show this to Trump supporters. If they don't get it after this, they never will.
    http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/07/0...st-site-islam/
    As long as there is emotions and fearing-mongering rational thought will never win. That is why there are trump supporters and that is why trump is where he is.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-04-2016 06:18 PM
    I'm off to watch some Critikal's videos to fix my mood.
    I'm watching back to the future :p
    Rose640 likes this.
    07-04-2016 06:19 PM
    In Australia it's still heavily British but Canada is a bit less.

Saying that the Aussies don't like Brits.
    Not many former UK colonies like the UK...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    07-04-2016 07:49 PM
    No, I never made it. I think I saw bits of it one year but that's it, I think.

We've thought of going to the one here but the weather is never that good and it seems a bit over crowded.
    It'll be easier for you too that or maybe Crop Over in Barbados than for you to see Brazil's Mardi Gras or the Trinidad carnival. Jamaican carnival's OK. Still, these events are pretty amazing to see (I've see the Jamaican carnival, of course).

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-04-2016 07:51 PM
    So I was able to finally figured out how to sideload updates for the Maxx. I'm running soak test 4, wth the may 1st security patch. From what I'm seeing these is the version that'll be the Maxx's (in all likelihood last major OS) official 6.0.1 update. For a phone with hardware capable enough to run N (I'm not calling it that nougat name), it'll get tossed in the trash for sure.

I did a dirty install, so we'll see what happens. I still most likely will root the device, once I get a 950.

So far so good. If i really want the chop-chop motion for the flashlight back I've got to root and edit the build.prop file. We will see how it goes for the end of the week. If this works decently enough, i may hold off and go through the rest of the year with the Maxx as my daily driver and maybe try to get a 950 in the fall.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    07-04-2016 09:13 PM
145,230 ... 50375038503950405041 ...