So far so good. If i really want the chop-chop motion for the flashlight back I've got to root and edit the build.prop file. We will see how it goes for the end of the week. If this works decently enough, i may hold off and go through the rest of the year with the Maxx as my daily driver and maybe try to get a 950 in the fall.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    The radios seem a little off...slower in responses for data than I'd like. I have seen whereby folks have had to flash radios for better performance. Here's hoping i don't have to do that.

I guess this is what i don't like about Android sometimes. If you're down for messing around d with your device, it is a great platform to do so. But sometimes when you want to buy what you want and use what you want and then you find out you're not going to get software updates because the phone you bought didn't sell enough, it becomes such a drag.

It's kinda why devices like the M9 from last year and G5 from this year are safer bets...even though they did not seem to meet the OEMs sales expectations, they're still in line for pretty good service and support for a steady time period because they were listed as flagships at their time of launch.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    sahib lopez likes this.
    07-04-2016 08:32 PM
    The radios seem a little off...slower in responses for data than I'd like. I have seen whereby folks have had to flash radios for better performance. Here's hoping i don't have to do that.

I guess this is what i don't like about Android sometimes. If you're down for messing around d with your device, it is a great platform to do so. But sometimes when you want to buy what you want and use what you want and then you find out you're not going to get software updates because the phone you bought didn't sell enough, it becomes such a drag.

It's kinda why devices like the M9 from last year and G5 from this year are safer bets...even though they did not seem to meet the OEMs sales expectations, they're still in line for pretty good service and support for a steady time period because they were listed as flagships at their time of launch.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Nexus fans will point to the 6P and 5X as the reasons why you buy hardware a certain way...very good cameras, quick updates for the length of the device, decent enough price to feature ratio, and better US carrier compatibility.

And yet...the hardware compromises weren't for me for both of these models. The Maxx beats the 5X is most areas. The 6P is too large for my tastes. So I'm curious to see what the HTC models in a few months will offer. Otherwise it's hard to pick certain phones and stay with those for an extended period because OEMs want an churn and burn mentality...which is hard to sustain in this sort of global economic environment.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    07-04-2016 08:38 PM
    I'm watching back to the future :p
    Classic series. One of my all time favorites. Still think the "Hot Shots" series with Charlie Sheen was so far ahead of its time on a comedic level. The only person who went back to that style of comedy was the "Scary Movie" series.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    07-04-2016 08:40 PM
    I still miss the XL. It was a real treat to use...just wished the battery life was a bit better and that i had a good enough wearable to accompany it. Otherwise it checked all the boxes for me. Guess that's why I'm interested in a 950 these days to see if that's a better fit experience wise.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    07-04-2016 08:43 PM
    At this point i don't think any one platform is better than the other. My guess is we're at that saturation point already, whereby it is really hard to justify making annual upgrades...and every two year upgrades are getting harder to make too. I suppose that's why Apple has always left off certain hardware refinements for the next year to justify their prices, but even that strategy is not a truly sustainable one.

It's why when OEMs miss (HTC definitely last year and to some degree, MSFT last year and LG so far this year) on their keynote offerings, they'll get hammered in the sales department.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 07-04-2016 at 09:11 PM.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-04-2016 08:59 PM
    At this point i don't think any one platform is better than the other. My guess is we're at that saturation point already, whereby it is really hard to justify making annual upgrades...and every two year upgrades are getting harder to make too. I suppose that's why Apple has always left off certain hardware refinements for the next year to justify their prices, but even that strategy is not a truly sustainable one.

It's why when OEMs miss (HTC definitely last year and to some degree, MSFT last year and LG so far this year) on their keynote offerings, they'll get hammered in the sales department.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I think for these reasons it is getting harder to move date vices in the secondary market and as such it is just wiser to do one's homework before buying a device. As it stands, i kinda have no problem might my Maxx for a G5 and going with a G5 + 950 setup. However, the resale values in both of these devices aren't that good. Even a device like a Nextbit Robin, which is a pretty solid gen one offering from Nextbit can be hard to move if buyer's remorse kicks in these days. This is why as much fun as it is to read reviews and see how the tech evolves, my wheeling and dealing days are virtually over.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    07-04-2016 09:18 PM
    Well, i thought the Zenwatch 2 had an ambient light sensor...and it doesn't. It looks good though but is yuge...even by my standards. I'll decide if and when i get to that point of getting a G5. In the meantime the 360 2014 will keep on trucking...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    07-04-2016 09:21 PM
    Guess it's just me right now...that's fine. Folks are setting off fireworks all weekend by the GF's and she's finding it annoying. The cops have passed through once and the fireworks calmed down for a bit but they're back to the random persistent barrage.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    07-04-2016 09:24 PM
    In the pursuit of good fitting inner ear headphones, I'm trying to get some better mileage out of the Xiaomi Pistons 3. The sound quality is decent and fully balanced for a pair for $20 headphones...but my issue is that because they don't create as tight a seal i have to go to higher volumes to hear the music due to the sound lost.

So I'm trying out my Sony startups on these for a week to see. Noise canceling has definitely improved with the switch buy while the fit it better, it's still not where it needs to be. I may try some Klipsch Reference ones to see, but it is hard to find good headphones.

Meanwhile, my Marley cans work great.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-04-2016 09:28 PM
    My guess is that Qi wireless charging hasn't caught on as much as the Consortium would have liked. I think that's partly because Qualcomm hasn't allowed for metal unibody phones to run this well. I thought i heard the 820 has this built in there somewhere, but I'm hoping to see that in next year's models. I like the rapid charging idea, but the more charging options, the better in my book.

I prefer larger batteries though but this seems to be gone from the 5.2" screen size these days from the traditional OEMs.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-04-2016 09:31 PM
    I think I've done my part for the evening here. Now it's time to iron my clothes, pack my lunch and get rid for another week at the funny farm...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-04-2016 09:32 PM
    As long as there is emotions and fearing-mongering rational thought will never win. That is why there are trump supporters and that is why trump is where he is.
    I said this once, and I'll say it again, the whole situation in US reminds me of the begining of 90s here in Balkans. Lots of fear, nationalism, ignorance, and 'right' people to make the most of the situation.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-04-2016 10:18 PM
    I'm watching back to the future :p
    Oh, it's been a while since I watched it the last time. I had intention to watch those old movies, was about to do it during Ramadan, but was lazy and played games instead.
    07-04-2016 10:20 PM
    Lots of fear, nationalism, ignorance, and 'right' people to make the most of the situation.
    Unfortunately, those things are found in all countries.
    MSFTisMIA, N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    07-04-2016 10:51 PM
    This is a good song by Rush. The lyrics perfectly describe the nut cases in many countries.

N_LaRUE, azcruz and Rose640 like this.
    07-04-2016 10:59 PM
    I said this once, and I'll say it again, the whole situation in US reminds me of the begining of 90s here in Balkans. Lots of fear, nationalism, ignorance, and 'right' people to make the most of the situation.
    You might have noticed the referendum in the UK... we voted out more or less on those kind of issues.

Also the US has always been like that for as long as I've known. Fear is the easiest way to control a population. Nationalism is a good rallying call. Ignorance is the best way to be proud.

This is the world we live in.

For you younger people this all seems new. For some of us older people it feels like a bad song on repeat.
    07-04-2016 11:20 PM
    This song was recently remade by Disturbed. However I prefer the original. Video is funny, the lyrics however are not.

Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    07-04-2016 11:25 PM
    Neil deGrasse Tyson discussed tribalism on an episode of StarTalk a few months ago.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-04-2016 11:30 PM
    Looks like people are shooting out fireworks now. :p sounds like gunshots
    07-04-2016 11:35 PM
    This song was recently remade by Disturbed. However I prefer the original. Video is funny, the lyrics however are not.

Right now Britain is a land of confusion
    07-04-2016 11:36 PM

Posted via Moto Maxx
    I guess that's why it would be hard to find the android device for me. I don't like messing with my phones since well they should right of the box.
    07-04-2016 11:40 PM
    Classic series. One of my all time favorites. Still think the "Hot Shots" series with Charlie Sheen was so far ahead of its time on a comedic level. The only person who went back to that style of comedy was the "Scary Movie" series.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Lol the scary movies were one of the best funny movies ive seen
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-04-2016 11:42 PM
    Unfortunately, those things are found in all countries.
    True. But it has much wider impact when it's happening in a country such as USA. Remember what happened when the last Trump-like president was elected? Nothing good I'm afraid.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-04-2016 11:44 PM
    I still miss the XL. It was a real treat to use...just wished the battery life was a bit better and that i had a good enough wearable to accompany it. Otherwise it checked all the boxes for me. Guess that's why I'm interested in a 950 these days to see if that's a better fit experience wise.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Maybe if msft makes a onewatch ;). ( get it since one drive and one note ) that could make the 950 a good smartphone
    07-04-2016 11:47 PM
    True. But it has much wider impact when it's happening in a country such as USA. Remember what happened when the last Trump-like president was elected? Nothing good I'm afraid.
    Hopefully, the majority of people will have enough sense here.
    Rose640 and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-04-2016 11:48 PM
143,662 ... 50385039504050415042 ...