Finally the darn tablet is running Win10 including the latest update. Now I need to order an SD card for it and I will be set.
    N_LaRUE, Ed Boland and MSFTisMIA like this.
    07-29-2016 08:38 AM
    I've got all eyes on here

This has just been a hellish week. So busy.
    07-29-2016 09:12 AM
    Vladimir Putin is coming on a visit tomorrow so part of motorway from Austrian border to Ljubljana will be CLOSED! And all that in the middle of holiday season. Tourists will be incredibly happy.
    sinime and N_LaRUE like this.
    07-29-2016 11:05 AM
    Also driving these days on roads I notice quite a lot of people with UK plates, probably going to Croatia. Seems like terrorism scared some people from going to France and Turkey.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-29-2016 11:07 AM
    Also I have been cleaning new car for the past few days, still not finished. Need to get flying rust off it and wax it. Waiting for waxes to arrive from UK.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-29-2016 11:09 AM
    Also dad took new car to work today, consumption was hilariously low, 5,5l/100 km. It's about 2l less than other 2 cars we have.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-29-2016 11:10 AM
    I need to upgrade an old notebook to 10 while it's free, but can't find the stupid power supply. I hadn't considered upgrading it until my wife made a comment yesterday that I could use it as a test device. :( Wish she made the comment when we had plenty of time to go through the storage room.

On another note, Is anyone else, in the US, starting to consider Gary Johnson for President? I can't stand Hillary and Trump has been going too far over the line for me to vote for him and still have a clear conscience.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-29-2016 11:56 AM
    New phone MIA?
    Yup. I went Chinese: Xiaomi Mi 5. Killer deal. Plan to either sell or ship the Maxx back home to a friend.

So no G5 for me. I may get a 950, but that's next year if i can find one for $250.

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    07-29-2016 12:30 PM
    I need to upgrade an old notebook to 10 while it's free, but can't find the stupid power supply. I hadn't considered upgrading it until my wife made a comment yesterday that I could use it as a test device. :( Wish she made the comment when we had plenty of time to go through the storage room.

On another note, Is anyone else, in the US, starting to consider Gary Johnson for President? I can't stand Hillary and Trump has been going too far over the line for me to vote for him and still have a clear conscience.
    Can't do anything that ends up us getting an orange cantaloupe in the White House, conscience be damned!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    07-29-2016 01:23 PM
    Sounds like a person who has one of two problems or...

One, not as educated as you so feels threatened for some reason.

Two, has had to train every person and is tired of it because people leave regularly.

....Or simply they're just like that.

You'll never know if you don't ask.
    I think she's like that. She's good at what she does. To sum it up if i don't have to ask her anything I best stay out of her way.
    07-29-2016 05:05 PM
    Unless they own the place I wouldn't worry but instead of talking back, why not just ask them why they're so uptight?
    I've been wanting to ask her but if I do ask she might take it the wrong way and get mad.
    07-29-2016 05:07 PM
    I got the day off today ...yay! No co-worker today 😁
    07-29-2016 05:11 PM
    I got the day off today ...yay! No co-worker today 😁
    Paid time off or otherwise?
    07-29-2016 05:17 PM
    Morning folks. Got a busy day filled with travelling ahead. The good news is the Mi 5 is almost fully set up so I'll switch over soon.

While I'm not a fan of some of the elements in MIUI, it is tolerable as long as i don't have too much call and data issues...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-30-2016 09:11 AM
    It's too cold over here....
    07-30-2016 09:59 AM
    Morning folks. This Mi 5 is a very interesting and polarizing device in many ways based on the stuff I'm reading. It seems to be one of those "what works well, really works well" and the "what sucks, really sucks".

So far, I agree.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    07-31-2016 07:47 AM
    Morning!

Playing with the newly updated Firefox browser for iOS this morning. Not bad.. Much like the Chrome app in a few ways...
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-31-2016 09:19 AM
    One of our intrepid hunters delivered their prey to us.... We were wondering where that sock was...

uploadfromtaptalk1469971568280.jpg
    07-31-2016 09:26 AM
    One of our intrepid hunters delivered their prey to us.... We were wondering where that sock was...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1469971568280.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	129013
    Looks like your two Blues are slowly settling in. I'm waiting until they bring you a dead creature for them to have really arrived...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek and azcruz like this.
    07-31-2016 09:36 AM
    God, food shopping is such an unnecessarily expensive endeavor these days...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE and azcruz like this.
    07-31-2016 09:37 AM
    Gut impressions so far:

Pros:

1) Premium feeling with the combination of glass and metal. Design is kinda like an iPhone but not. Kinda like a Samsung, but not (the GF started to ask if it was a Samsung, but stopped when she saw it a bit better).

2) Incredibly light. It's been years since I used a phone so light. I'm a hefty kinda guy with my devices, so this is some adjustment. I see why people like the Apple devices for this reason.

3) Chip set is fast.

4) Camera is an upgrade from the Maxx (whose camera wasn't completely terrible). The G4 is still better than this though in low light.

Cons:

1) MIUI has some quirks. Not a fan of how they handled the notifications. RAM management is as aggressive as demonstrations at Trump campaign stops.

Also it's hard to change my location because US isn't supported. So already there are some apps I cannot use because of this.

2) Lack of LTE support for my carrier. Moto and Nokia always had the best radios in the business, so using anyone outside of those two (Apple and Samsung are solid too) is always a step back.

This thing isn't fully set up yet (almost though), so I should have an update after a week.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    07-31-2016 09:58 AM
    Gut impressions so far:

Pros:

1) Premium feeling with the combination of glass and metal. Design is kinda like an iPhone but not. Kinda like a Samsung, but not (the GF started to ask if it was a Samsung, but stopped when she saw it a bit better).

2) Incredibly light. It's been years since I used a phone so light. I'm a hefty kinda guy with my devices, so this is some adjustment. I see why people like the Apple devices for this reason.

3) Chip set is fast.

4) Camera is an upgrade from the Maxx (whose camera wasn't completely terrible). The G4 is still better than this though in low light.

Cons:

1) MIUI has some quirks. Not a fan of how they handled the notifications. RAM management is as aggressive as demonstrations at Trump campaign stops.

Also it's hard to change my location because US isn't supported. So already there are some apps I cannot use because of this.

2) Lack of LTE support for my carrier. Moto and Nokia always had the best radios in the business, so using anyone outside of those two (Apple and Samsung are solid too) is always a step back.

This thing isn't fully set up yet (almost though), so I should have an update after a week.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    I do like so far that there is more stock Google apps I can delete. Still, this doesn't have some Chinese bloat on it. I suppose once you use Google's version of Android, you've always got to deal with some sort of bloat...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-31-2016 10:07 AM
    This is why I like this size phone wise. I'm in predominantly portrait mode ever since I started using it...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    07-31-2016 10:08 AM
    Paid time off or otherwise?
    Nope just my day off :) and today I only have to work 4 hours lol
    Laura Knotek and sinime like this.
    07-31-2016 11:44 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1469971568280.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	129013
    That's cute ha :p
    07-31-2016 11:47 AM
145,808 ... 50685069507050715072 ...