Morning folks. It's time to focus on the things I need to do and avoid the office drama.

Let's hope my office doesn't smell as much with the vomit and cleaning supplies today (although I'm not holding out hope). I had to use another office yesterday.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-03-2016 05:26 AM
    And I haven't seen anything overly special about it. It's still a very good phone, but as many people have said - it's a S7 Edge with the S Pen and USB-C, basically.

A retina scanner (Windows Hello) and a smaller battery!
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    08-03-2016 06:46 AM
    Sucker free Sundays on MTV-2 was the best. And Total Request Live was pretty cool too.

I used to watch Headbangers Ball quite a bit!
    Ed Boland, N_LaRUE, azcruz and 2 others like this.
    08-03-2016 06:47 AM
    Good morning everyone... can't sleep much these days.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    08-03-2016 06:47 AM
    Morning all.. Working a double today. Traded with my other manager to have tomorrow off. Mom is going in tomorrow morning for her surgery. She's having the coloscopy reversed (back to normal!) wish her luck!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-03-2016 07:06 AM
    Good morning everyone... can't sleep much these days.
    It happens.. The older you get, the less you'll sleep. Seems that way for me anyway...
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    08-03-2016 07:09 AM
    A retina scanner (Windows Hello) and a smaller battery!
    So is Samsung now going pull an Apple and say they invented the iris scanner when MSFT brought it to market first?

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    08-03-2016 07:54 AM
    I remember when I watched mtv it just started to show "pimp my ride" and "mtv cribs"
    Reality shows were the beginning of the end of music videos on TV :,(
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-03-2016 08:51 AM
    I couldn't get my DirecTV DVR to connect to my PC... It has 6 unlabeled tests it performs, and all but the last one pass. So I wasn't able to grab the show from the DVR.

Oh well. Such is life.

Was hoping to grab the MTV footage and a couple of things in preparation for our exodus from cable/satellite TV this Fall... We're going to give cutting the cord a try and see if Hulu, Netflix, etc. will suffice. Would try Sling, but with no DVR and commercials on things that are available on demand, it just doesn't sound like a good option. The other thing I've thought about is setting up a media PC with a tuner card and MythTV. Just not sure it would be worth the hassle for the handful of local channels it would provide. Might be better served just getting the USB tuner for the Xbox One and waiting to see if DVR functionality ever comes out.
    08-03-2016 09:00 AM
    I couldn't get my DirecTV DVR to connect to my PC... It has 6 unlabeled tests it performs, and all but the last one pass. So I wasn't able to grab the show from the DVR.

Oh well. Such is life.

Was hoping to grab the MTV footage and a couple of things in preparation for our exodus from cable/satellite TV this Fall... We're going to give cutting the cord a try and see if Hulu, Netflix, etc. will suffice. Would try Sling, but with no DVR and commercials on things that are available on demand, it just doesn't sound like a good option. The other thing I've thought about is setting up a media PC with a tuner card and MythTV. Just not sure it would be worth the hassle for the handful of local channels it would provide. Might be better served just getting the USB tuner for the Xbox One and waiting to see if DVR functionality ever comes out.
    For diehard cord cutters, there is always Kodi😉
    sinime and sahib lopez like this.
    08-03-2016 09:06 AM
    So is Samsung now going pull an Apple and say they invented the iris scanner when MSFT brought it to market first?

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Take Note, most folks are on the (S7) Edge about getting the latest Samsung offering, the smaller battery is to blame!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-03-2016 09:08 AM
    Reality shows were the beginning of the end of music videos on TV :,(
    Agreed, they killed MTV for me!
    MSFTisMIA and sinime like this.
    08-03-2016 09:18 AM
    Take Note, most folks are on the (S7) Edge about getting the latest Samsung offering, the smaller battery is to blame!
    When you get on a role, you can be quite Pun-ishing...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-03-2016 09:36 AM
    When you get on a role, you can be quite Pun-ishing...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Dear MSFTisMIA,
    Your Pun-y response has been duly Note(d) since it definitely had some Edge to it!
    N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    08-03-2016 11:00 AM
    If not, you could just d/l the ISO
    That's exactly what I did 😀
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-03-2016 04:30 PM
    Can I ask what you took in college and what exactly your job prospects are? I know you took a IT degree of some sort but never knew what job(s) you had in mind.

Also, just a thought, I'm not sure how many Sahib Lopez's are running around on the internet but you might want to consider changing your name on here, especially if you plan to say anything negative about your employer or job.
    my job interest have always been setting the ground work for computers. Like setting up the computers, cables, programs, networking, anything that its setting things up and making sure they are working. That's what I've always enjoyed doing.
    08-03-2016 04:35 PM
    @sahib, what are the stipulations in your job contract?
    I'm not too sure. I know that I'm not allowed to say anything about the up coming plans of the company, I'm not allowed to quit before the 90 days are up. I don't get any commission during my 90 days since I'm considered to be in training. I am not allowed to join the competing carriers if I quit or get fired I would have a wait a certain amount of time.
    08-03-2016 04:38 PM

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Did Samsung really act like that? If so that its just sad
    08-03-2016 04:42 PM
    Dear MSFTisMIA,
    Your Pun-y response has been duly Note(d) since it definitely had some Edge to it!
    I was in the midst of writing a clever response, but my day went to **** and I forgot...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-03-2016 05:04 PM
    I'm not too sure. I know that I'm not allowed to say anything about the up coming plans of the company, I'm not allowed to quit before the 90 days are up. I don't get any commission during my 90 days since I'm considered to be in training. I am not allowed to join the competing carriers if I quit or get fired I would have a wait a certain amount of time.
    So, it includes selling?
    08-03-2016 05:19 PM
    I played with the Note 7 a little bit...it's good but not exciting (for me). I actually prefer the look of the Note 5. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not a fan of the edge concept...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-03-2016 05:19 PM
    I was in the midst of writing a clever response, but my day went to **** and I forgot...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    As long as you managed to salvage a draw, like WI at Sabina Park today...great play by Holder!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-03-2016 05:38 PM
    I hate this ****ty Google keyboard on my P9.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-03-2016 06:54 PM
    I just say, the 1080P screen on the Mi 5 is really nice. Very pleasant to read in normal lighting.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-03-2016 10:03 PM
    The more I use the Mi 5, the more I wonder if I can find the right Android device that checks off all my boxes. The closest hardware combo has been either the Maxx or the 950.

Don't get me wrong, the Mi 5 is very nice hardware wise...but it feels like another "really close" but not the "best fit for me" sort of device.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-03-2016 10:05 PM
143,629 ... 50725073507450755076 ...