As long as you managed to salvage a draw, like WI at Sabina Park today...great play by Holder!
    Sometimes the best win in life is a draw...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-03-2016 10:06 PM
    my job interest have always been setting the ground work for computers. Like setting up the computers, cables, programs, networking, anything that its setting things up and making sure they are working. That's what I've always enjoyed doing.
    To make my life easier. Is there a job title for that??? I used to do a lot of that when I was younger but can't be bothered now.

It sounds like your best option is an IT help desk or something along those lines.
    08-03-2016 11:14 PM
    I hate this ****ty Google keyboard on my P9.
    A guy at my work has the P9. He's quite happy with it.

It's my first time seeing one. Nice looking device
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-03-2016 11:18 PM
    Wish I had more to contribute but life isn't that exciting at the moment.
    08-03-2016 11:29 PM
    So, it includes selling?
    Yup. It also includes selling.
    08-04-2016 12:54 AM
    To make my life easier. Is there a job title for that??? I used to do a lot of that when I was younger but can't be bothered now.

It sounds like your best option is an IT help desk or something along those lines.
    That's what I applied first :) but experience is what I need So ill keep on gaining by working at where I am at while look for one until I find it
    08-04-2016 12:56 AM
    That's what I applied first :) but experience is what I need So ill keep on gaining by working at where I am at while look for one until I find it
    The work you're currently doing (unless I'm mistaken) doesn't appear to be along the same lines of what you want to do.

If you can't find a job due to experience, you may want to consider doing some workplace experience either through a company or by volunteering. This would be on your free time but you need to look beyond that.

I totally understand that you want to work, I get that, but you don't want to get caught in the work trap, which is getting stuck in a job simply because you're getting paid.

It's very easy to fall into this trap.
    08-04-2016 01:17 AM
    Wish I had more to contribute but life isn't that exciting at the moment.
    And I've got the type of excitement going on that's best left offline, as work is becoming more of a headache...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-04-2016 06:05 AM
    The work you're currently doing (unless I'm mistaken) doesn't appear to be along the same lines of what you want to do.

If you can't find a job due to experience, you may want to consider doing some workplace experience either through a company or by volunteering. This would be on your free time but you need to look beyond that.

I totally understand that you want to work, I get that, but you don't want to get caught in the work trap, which is getting stuck in a job simply because you're getting paid.

It's very easy to fall into this trap.
    Agreed. Volunteer or intern are solid ways to pick up experience. Be creative in your search to do so. Everyone has responsibilities to meet and that can drive them getting a job, but it's better to have a career than a job.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-04-2016 06:07 AM
    Agreed. Volunteer or intern are solid ways to pick up experience. Be creative in your search to do so. Everyone has responsibilities to meet and that can drive them getting a job, but it's better to have a career than a job.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    When my wife deals with people wanting to change career paths she always mentions getting experience in that field through unpaid work placement or volunteering. Having some sort of 'official' experience is better than none, otherwise you just end up in a position where you get your schooling done and you have no work or start from the bottom again.

Not sure where Sahib is working currently but if has opportunity to do the work he wants there then that will help. At the moment it just seems to be a phone repair shop unless it also does PCs.

Other option is to start your own part time business helping small businesses. I did suggest this some time back. Usually there's a huge gap in a market to help small businesses as most larger IT companies tend to be too expensive for them.
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    08-04-2016 07:06 AM
    A guy at my work has the P9. He's quite happy with it.

It's my first time seeing one. Nice looking device
    Thankfully, it has Swype which I use regularly. It's just it got an update yesterday and the Google keyboard becase default keyboard again.
    08-04-2016 07:08 AM
    Thankfully, it has Swype which I use regularly. It's just it got an update yesterday and the Google keyboard becase default keyboard again.
    I don't mind the Google Keyboard.... though it could be better.

I tried a couple of other keyboards and didn't like them as much.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-04-2016 07:15 AM
    Well, so much for the third party Pokemon Go app... That didn't last long. Even if they get it going again it will probably be stopped again by another update.

Oh well. I'm sure it was nice when it worked. :P
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    08-04-2016 09:07 AM
    I hate this ****ty Google keyboard on my P9.
    What is the issue? I use it on all my devices including the Huawei when I had it and had no issues with it. Some of the new add ons have been quite useful as well.
    08-04-2016 10:28 AM
    Good morning everyone....managed to get some decent sleep last night as I was too tired from only sleeping 4 hours a night for the last few days...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-04-2016 10:29 AM
    In other news, I used the Starbucks app on my Lumia 640 yesterday without any issues. Hopefully the Wallet 2.0 will be able to handle payments at more locations.
    sinime, N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    08-04-2016 10:30 AM
    Hey N_LaRUE,
    Need a full review of this place after your next visit to Paris!
    Off Paris Seine is Paris? first floating river hotel.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-04-2016 11:11 AM
    In other news, I used the Starbucks app on my Lumia 640 yesterday without any issues. Hopefully the Wallet 2.0 will be able to handle payments at more locations.
    I used it to... It seems you have to add a PIN to keep from having to log in every time the app is opened... And the pin is a little slow to respond so you can't speed through entering it. Other than that, and the lack of preordering, it's a nice app and welcome on my start screen.
    worldspy99 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-04-2016 11:25 AM
    Hopefully mobile ordering will be added. That's a really great feature on the iOS and Android versions of the Starbucks app.
    N_LaRUE and worldspy99 like this.
    08-04-2016 11:39 AM
    08-04-2016 11:49 AM
    Sea :)

Also fun fact, that land on the other side is already Italy :)
    08-04-2016 12:27 PM
    Another day spent of fighting fires at the funny farm...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-04-2016 04:34 PM
    What is the issue? I use it on all my devices including the Huawei when I had it and had no issues with it. Some of the new add ons have been quite useful as well.
    Not a functional issue, more of preference. I find a few keys not to my liking, swipe is less accurate, word recommendations and and having to backspace everytime, gets to me.
    08-04-2016 06:11 PM
    Not a functional issue, more of preference. I find a few keys not to my liking, swipe is less accurate, word recommendations and and having to backspace everytime, gets to me.
    Word recommendations will improve over time. Google has had about 4 years of my typing habits/data so it is not a problem for me. However, MSFT WordFlow was better out of the box. Swype is good in Google Keyboard but yes WP has a better Swype keyboard IMO. However, the WP8.1 keyboard was better than the Win10 keyboard.
    08-04-2016 06:50 PM
    Word recommendations will improve over time. Google has had about 4 years of my typing habits/data so it is not a problem for me. However, MSFT WordFlow was better out of the box. Swype is good in Google Keyboard but yes WP has a better Swype keyboard IMO. However, the WP8.1 keyboard was better than the Win10 keyboard.
    Agreed. WP8.1 keyboard was one of the best ones i've ever used.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    08-04-2016 08:42 PM
142,810 ... 50735074507550765077 ...