I'd take 80s music instead of '00s and '10s any time, any day.
    That is if you include Slipknot and Disturbed stuff. Altough they did start back in 90s, so, where do we put them?
    08-08-2016 04:04 AM
    Having a Sahib comeback moment here.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-08-2016 04:05 AM
    Speaking of music, this one's been stuck in my head for a while.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-08-2016 04:06 AM
    Same thing in Balkan. When people are looling to buy a new car, no matter how good it is, and cheap for it's offering, if it's automatic, they'll probably just pass on it.
    There's this weird pride thing with manual cars here in EU and Australia (and I'm sure other areas). It's a non issue in North America what you drive, typically people drive automatic, I think that's partiality due to the distances people drive rather than anything else. Well, North American laziness maybe... :P

Let's face it, once you're on a highway it's irrelevant what you're driving. I'd rather an automatic in a city though, saves the shift up and down nonsense.
    Rose640 likes this.
    08-08-2016 04:09 AM
    I'd take 80s music instead of '00s and '10s any time, any day.
    I think you can find good music in every decade if you want. Just depends what you like/dislike.

Tool released Lateralus and 10,000 days in the 00's to give an example.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-08-2016 04:12 AM
    (snip)

Let's face it, once you're on a highway it's irrelevant what you're driving. I'd rather an automatic in a city though, saves the shift up and down nonsense.
    Agree. With the kind of traffic we "enjoy" here, automatic is the way to go. Anyway, once you learn manual, it won't go away.
    08-08-2016 04:14 AM
    Same thing in Balkan. When people are looling to buy a new car, no matter how good it is, and cheap for it's offering, if it's automatic, they'll probably just pass on it.
    Well bad luck for those who buy bigger cars
    N_LaRUE, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-08-2016 04:15 AM
    Speaking of music, this one's been stuck in my head for a while.
    Interesting video, almost Tool like, it almost fits.
    08-08-2016 04:34 AM
    There's this weird pride thing with manual cars here in EU and Australia (and I'm sure other areas). It's a non issue in North America what you drive, typically people drive automatic, I think that's partiality due to the distances people drive rather than anything else. Well, North American laziness maybe... :P

That's what I was saying. Dad was looking to buy a used Mercedes, found a great one, TDI, 2.2, Euro 4 everything was nice, until he saw it was an automatic. He just gave up. He's part of that "old school" drivers, the ones who know everything about cars and such.
    Spot the sarcasm if you can.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-08-2016 05:11 AM
    I think you can find good music in every decade if you want. Just depends what you like/dislike.

I remembered that as soon as I posted :D.
    Rock and metal wise I can still find good stuff. It's far from Maiden metal, or trashers style, but it's still good, grest to be honest, more raw.
    But it's other genres that I find poor these days. Pop is pure junk, every song sounds the same, lyrics have no meaning, and don't get me started on auto tune. Balkan is stuck in even biggr crap. Turbo folk fever. The thing that annoys me the most is that they started acting and dressing as rockers while spitting crap from their mouth. That is unforgivable. I've started judging people and dividing them in two categories: Turbo folkers, and not-turbo folkers. Guess which one I can't stand.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-08-2016 05:19 AM

But yes, there still is nice music. Slipknot, Disturbed, Tool, Audioslave, and there's a great underground scene in Balkan, that is slowly but safely, coming to surface. Some of them are already very famous here like S.A.R.S., Dubioza kolektiv, Brkovi, Djecaci, Hladno Pivo and others.
    08-08-2016 05:22 AM
    Interesting video, almost Tool like, it almost fits.
    Was that a pun? :D
    08-08-2016 05:24 AM
    I'm off tomorrow but I got to work the whole week :( I'm covering for 2 people
    I've been working short-handed (or in your case 'covering') for the past year...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE, Rose640 and sahib lopez like this.
    08-08-2016 05:31 AM
    Was that a pun? :D
    Unintentionally.... I didn't realise it until you mentioned.

It's odd how close that video matches the song, except you need to take the sarcastic undertones that Tool has about things in to play.

Keep in mind that 10,000 days was basically his Requiem for his mother who had paralysis from a cerebral aneurysm for 27 years (10,000 days) and died of complications and was a practising Christian.

Want to know his true feelings about things look up the song Judith from A Perfect Circle.
    08-08-2016 05:39 AM
    Unintentionally.... I didn't realise it until you mentioned.

It's odd how close that video matches the song, except you need to take the sarcastic undertones that Tool has about things in to play.

Keep in mind that 10,000 days was basically his Requiem for his mother who had paralysis from a cerebral aneurysm for 27 years (10,000 days) and died of complications and was a practising Christian.

Want to know his true feelings about things look up song Judith from A Perfect Circle.
    Well, that's an odd song for a Tool. Too direct I'd say, unlike others.
    I knew he wasn't a believer, but this is so contrary to 10000 Days/Wings for Mary. Still great song. There's another one where he questions the intentions and motives of holly men. Can't remember which one was it.
    08-08-2016 05:45 AM
    I've been working short-handed (or in your case 'covering') for the past year...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    Still no break from funny farm huh?
    08-08-2016 05:48 AM
    Well, that's an odd song for a Tool. Too direct I'd say, unlike others.
    I knew he wasn't a believer, but this is so contrary to 10000 Days/Wings for Mary. Still great song. There's another one where he questions the intentions and motives of holly men. Can't remember which one was it.
    It's not that contrary really. Yes 10,000 Days and Wings for Marie are more subtle. But you need to take the mourning process into consideration. In a way Judith is his anger part. A lot of the first album of A Perfect Circle could be about his feelings about his mother if you want to listen to it that way.
    08-08-2016 05:49 AM
    There's another one where he questions the intentions and motives of holly men. Can't remember which one was it.
    Opiate

It comes from this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_of_the_people
    08-08-2016 05:50 AM
    It's not that contrary really. Yes 10,000 Days and Wings for Marie are more subtle. But you need to take the mourning process into consideration. In a way Judith is his anger part. A lot of the first album of A Perfect Circle could be about his feelings about his mother if you want to listen to it that way.
    I'm not familiar with their work, I'll definitely check them out.
    08-08-2016 06:08 AM
    Speaking of Tool, they've been teasing a new album for a while now. Can't wait to hear it. I just ope they don't go Korn's way.
    08-08-2016 06:11 AM
    Still no break from funny farm huh?
    I'm taking a few days off...my break will come soon enough...

Posted via Moto Maxx
    N_LaRUE, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-08-2016 08:36 AM
    I would love to see it! Might have to search for it online, did not DVR it. If you want to upload it in the cloud somewhere and send me a link via PM, that would be much appreciated!
    Interesting... So DirecTV came out to check our satellite because we were having a few issues with reception and recording multiple shows at once. The tech said a splitter was fried and replaced it. Since the splitter was replaced, I am now able to pull the MTV broadcast to my PC... Only now it says that it will stop working after 30 days :(
    08-08-2016 09:16 AM
    Well today has been a bit slow for me. I'm doing a lot of waiting...

The one interesting thing I managed to do is mirror my Z3 to my PC.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-08-2016 09:16 AM
    Interesting... So DirecTV came out to check our satellite because we were having a few issues with reception and recording multiple shows at once. The tech said a splitter was fried and replaced it. Since the splitter was replaced, I am now able to pull the MTV broadcast to my PC... Only now it says that it will stop working after 30 days :(
    I'm sure if you searched around you should be able to 'fix it'....
    08-08-2016 09:17 AM
    I'm sure if you searched around you should be able to 'fix it'....
    Yeah, there are quite a few available. Just not sure which to trust. I've become rather paranoid about what I download in my old age.
    08-08-2016 09:27 AM
144,424 ... 50775078507950805081 ...