Well he probably is old school, but that doesn't mean he know everything. But with 10 year old used car, probably imported from Nord (Germany or something like that) with questionable service history he probably did the right thing to avoid it. Baecause if automatic gearbox goes to hell it won't come cheap to fix it ;)

And btw we got another car meanwhile you were away :)
    Was is that Megan you were talking about?
    08-08-2016 07:38 PM
    Sold my 950 XL in mid-June, I believe. My Maxx is being picked up by a friend who had her HTC 8X (which I bought for her as her 1st smart phone exactly 2 years ago) stolen around the same time I sold my XL. I am testing driving a Mi 5 that I'll most likely purchase this weekend.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    So you're done with WM? Can't blame you, I'm sick of all those bugs I have.
    As far as Xiaomi concerned, mini review!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-08-2016 07:41 PM
    That's understandable. Though you should of figured that those reviews each have different pc configurations :p
    That's the thing, most of them were meeting recommended requirements, while I'm stuck with 2GB of RAM and a crappy AMD 4300/4500 GPU.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-08-2016 07:43 PM
    I have this bad habit of going late to bed. It's almost 2 here.
    08-08-2016 07:45 PM
    I have this bad habit of going late to bed. It's almost 2 here.
    Take a shot and go to sleep ๐Ÿ˜
    MSFTisMIA, N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    08-08-2016 07:57 PM
    So you're done with WM? Can't blame you, I'm sick of all those bugs I have.
    As far as Xiaomi concerned, mini review!
    Mini review will be up mid week. I wasn't completely done with Windows...I'd still like to go a 950 and maybe go to a new Nexus or G5. The Mi 5 is nice, but the lack of proper network bands from my current carrier is really circa 2011 when I was using unlocked phones with painful data speeds...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Rose640 likes this.
    08-08-2016 08:23 PM
    Will Sahib get the joke?

My favorite part of this was one of the comments...

https://plus.google.com/109560555654...ts/TpkyR6r6XBv

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Rose640 and sahib lopez like this.
    08-08-2016 08:24 PM
    Life is an interesting exercise indeed. Sometimes fear is one of those things that will make any necessary changes that much more difficult to make...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-08-2016 11:08 PM
    It's very interesting to see the strides that the Chinese OEMs have made. Oppo, Xiaomi, Huawei, ZTE, and every sub brands like Zuk and Honor have made some aesthetically pleasing handsets this year.

But as Samsung and LG and HTC know very well, to make the leap to the true big time, software and after care sales service e is where it's at...

We will see what 2017 brings. I still think LG did the right thing with the G5 this year, even though it wasn't executed as well as they wanted. If the V20 is a monster hit (V10 just needed a better battery), then they can do some things with the G6.

HTC is the wildcard here. The HTC 10 is very good, but they need another phone. I wish they'd do a successor to the A9 to compete in the midrange space.

Sony is still clueless. Going to 1080P and 5" is good, but until they fix the cameras to make them easier to use (and add OIS) and improve battery life, they're screwed.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-08-2016 11:16 PM
    I'm not familiar with their work, I'll definitely check them out.
    One of my favourite A Perfect Circle songs is The Outsider. I use it as my ringtone.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    08-09-2016 12:20 AM
    Life is an interesting exercise indeed. Sometimes fear is one of those things that will make any necessary changes that much more difficult to make...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Fear was a large part of life for way too long. I'm not scared of much anymore.

Change is something I embrace, even when it's a pain.

Stagnation scares me more.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-09-2016 12:23 AM
    Sony is still clueless. Going to 1080P and 5" is good, but until they fix the cameras to make them easier to use (and add OIS) and improve battery life, they're screwed.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    I've pretty much given up on Sony, too much ego for too much money. None of their new phones are up to scratch.

My next phone won't be a Sony but I have no idea what I want at this moment. I'm not in a hurry to change so I can wait.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-09-2016 12:27 AM
    Automatic in the EU is almost non existent... and Australia.

Though there has been an increase here in the UK but many people still go for a manual when learning.
    Did you have any trouble switching sides of the driver's seat, shifting with the left hand, or driving on the left side of the road when you moved?
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 08-09-2016 at 12:53 AM. Reason: wrong quote
    08-09-2016 12:52 AM
    I've been listening to 60s and 70s music and discovered two keyboard instruments I never heard of previously: harpsichord and celesta.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-09-2016 12:58 AM
    Did you have any trouble switching sides of the driver's seat, shifting with the left hand, or driving on the left side of the road when you moved?
    Since I don't drive manual it's a little bit easier. What usually happens when you start to drive on the opposite side is that you tend to drift to the gutter as that's what you naturally do to avoid cars. You're also not used to the cars coming on the right side so that messes with your head a bit. UK roads don't feel very wide either.

If you do drive manual, aside from using a different hand to shift, the gearbox is configured the same way as in the US so it would be easy to get the gears mixed up. The pedals are the same.

Other than that driving on either side is fairly easy for me now along with my driving a UK car in the EU. Road rules are obviously a bit different so learning the signs etc can be fun. If you're EU though they're all the same, unless the UK decides to go retrograde now.
    Muessig and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-09-2016 03:01 AM
    Take a shot and go to sleep ๐Ÿ˜
    I managed somehow. Can't remember when was the last time I fell asleep before 00.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-09-2016 04:16 AM
    Mini review will be up mid week. I wasn't completely done with Windows...I'd still like to go a 950 and maybe go to a new Nexus or G5. The Mi 5 is nice, but the lack of proper network bands from my current carrier is really circa 2011 when I was using unlocked phones with painful data speeds...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    It's interesting how you folks in US have band problems. We have like 3-4 carriers here and every phone will with every carrier (that is if they're unlocked) anywhere you go. Heck I had my carrier's signal 'deep' in Croatia.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-09-2016 04:20 AM
    Another day with empty house. Man I love being alone, at least from time to time.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    08-09-2016 04:25 AM
    Since I don't drive manual it's a little bit easier. What usually happens when you start to drive on the opposite side is that you tend to drift to the gutter as that's what you naturally do to avoid cars. You're also not used to the cars coming on the right side so that messes with your head a bit. UK roads don't feel very wide either.

If you do drive manual, aside from using a different hand to shift, the gearbox is configured the same way as in the US so it would be easy to get the gears mixed up. The pedals are the same.

Other than that driving on either side is fairly easy for me now along with my driving a UK car in the EU. Road rules are obviously a bit different so learning the signs etc can be fun. If you're EU though they're all the same, unless the UK decides to go retrograde now.
    That's interesting. I would've thought that the gearbox would be a mirror image of what it is in the US.

My current car is automatic, but I learned to drive on a manual.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-09-2016 04:26 AM
    It's interesting how you folks in US have band problems. We have like 3-4 carriers here and every phone will with every carrier (that is if they're unlocked) anywhere you go. Heck I had my carrier's signal 'deep' in Croatia.
    It's one of the big failings of the US. Proprietary devices and monopolies in certain areas forcing customers to use their stuff. It's a big issue in the US and Canada and has been for some years.

Apparently Verizon, the biggest issue normally, is changing from what I read, when though I have no idea.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    08-09-2016 04:32 AM
    That's interesting. I would've thought that the gearbox would be a mirror image of what it is in the US.

My current car is automatic, but I learned to drive on a manual.
    I would have thought that as well. The only difference that I know of is where Reverse sits. Top left for right side driving, bottom right for left side driving.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-09-2016 04:36 AM
    I've been listening to 60s and 70s music and discovered two keyboard instruments I never heard of previously: harpsichord and celesta.
    I knew the harpsichord but never heard of celesta.

The 60's and 70's were groovy man... :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-09-2016 04:50 AM
    Was is that Megan you were talking about?
    Nope, we bought VW up! :)
    08-09-2016 08:04 AM
    Fear was a large part of life for way too long. I'm not scared of much anymore.

Change is something I embrace, even when it's a pain.

Stagnation scares me more.
    Agreed. Outside of the salary at paying bills, my current job offers me nothing at this point. So I plan to cure that with some moves.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 08-09-2016 at 08:47 AM.
    08-09-2016 08:12 AM
    I've pretty much given up on Sony, too much ego for too much money. None of their new phones are up to scratch.

My next phone won't be a Sony but I have no idea what I want at this moment. I'm not in a hurry to change so I can wait.
    So have I. The Z3's camera is actually decent, as you already know. But it requires you to know what you're doing, which you already know also.

Outside of that, I really enjoyed my Z3. The Maxx and Z3 on 4.4.4 were some of the best tunes phones battery life wise I've ever seen. Sometimes I think about getting another Sony, especially when I see the Z5C, but I laugh really hard and chase away that thought.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-09-2016 08:16 AM
145,251 ... 50795080508150825083 ...