What's new guys? Been busy as hell, working my a$$ off here as usual.
    Well I'm in a process of getting my drivig licence. That's the 'biggest' news in my camp. And maybe also that I'm skipping that trip to Spain due to safety reasons.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    08-10-2016 10:17 AM
    Trying to adjust to working life, that's all.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    It's a long way ahead of me to reach to that point. Hopefully I'll do just fine.
    08-10-2016 10:19 AM
    They're too cute. When did you get them? While I was absent?
    Just coming up on three weeks. I guess you were absent at that point still.
    MSFTisMIA, Ed Boland and Rose640 like this.
    08-10-2016 10:19 AM
    Off to do some work outside, even though it's pooring badly.
    08-10-2016 10:20 AM
    Well, I'd rather 'sacrifice' 5 more years to finish college and at least have greater chances of getting a decent job. I know it's still not going to be all brea and butter, but it's still better than baustelle.
    That's a practical way to do things, but no everyone sees it that particular way...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    08-10-2016 10:22 AM
    It's a long way ahead of me to reach to that point. Hopefully I'll do just fine.
    There's no rush or looking forward to it, trust me. As long as you look at each job as opportunities and know what you want instead of getting jobs, you'll be fine.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-10-2016 10:23 AM
    Well the thing is that they take their grandparents and older neighbours for examples in order to justify their actions. They think if their grandma got married in her 15 or 16 and still survived, had their parents, and still happiliy lives on, that their lives will be the same. But they're forgetting that those were different times, (or different mentality that people had, which ever expression you prefer), back then having a job was a normal thing, unlike now when it's become a privilege, they're forgetting that their grandpa was usually more than 6 years older than their grandmas and already a mature man unlike them.
    What I want to say is, those guys that are getting maried now, were getting drunk and acting all idiotic and immature just few weeks ago, and now they're starting a family.

They don't need to justify their acions to me, I hate that, I don't explain myself to anyone either. But I can't help not to share my thoughts on the topic.
    I agree with all that, but just like with each generation, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and their own journeys of self discovery. This still works for some, and is an total train wreck for others.

That's the beauty of life...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-10-2016 10:24 AM
    Think I'll take a walk to break me out of my malaise...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    sinime and Rose640 like this.
    08-10-2016 10:35 AM
    In gaming news, I usually wait for a sale, or for prices to drop a little before buying PC games (which I'm helplessly addicted to!). Over the last few months, I've purchased a ton of PC games for my newly upgraded gaming machine, most of which, at a discount or sale price.

Today thought, I preordered a new game on Steam at full price ($59.99), because it just looks so amazing and I can't wait to play it! It's being released for the PC on August 12th (this Friday)...

No Man's Sky
    Rose640 likes this.
    08-10-2016 11:14 AM
    08-10-2016 11:19 AM
    There's no rush or looking forward to it, trust me. As long as you look at each job as opportunities and know what you want instead of getting jobs, you'll be fine.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    That might be an issue, unless I manage to get out of here somehow.
    08-10-2016 12:11 PM
    In gaming news, I usually wait for a sale, or for prices to drop a little before buying PC games (which I'm helplessly addicted to!). Over the last few months, I've purchased a ton of PC games for my newly upgraded gaming machine, most of which, at a discount or sale price.

Today thought, I preordered a new game on Steam at full price ($59.99), because it just looks so amazing and I can't wait to play it! It's being released for the PC on August 12th (this Friday)...

No Man's Sky
    I knew it was No Man's Sky by just reading your intro :D.
    I have to ask, do you follow PC Gamer? Have you read their latest article about the No Man's Sky where they explain what the game actually is and what isn't? Don't get carried away with the hype. Altough, you can refund pre-ordered games, right?
    Ed Boland likes this.
    08-10-2016 12:22 PM
    Finally something tangible and technical on this matter, regardless of where your politics lie...the inner statistician in me is tickled...
    Sentiment analysis shows Trump's real tweets are scared, angry, and sad! | The Verge
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    08-10-2016 12:43 PM
    Really neat article...every now and then The Verge surprises me.
    Train to Nowhere | The Verge
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-10-2016 12:50 PM
    That might be an issue, unless I manage to get out of here somehow.
    You'll figure out what's best for you...whether it means to stay or to leave.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Rose640 likes this.
    08-10-2016 01:41 PM
    Really neat article...every now and then The Verge surprises me.
    Train to Nowhere | The Verge
    Nice read. They really need to spend some money and upgrade the rail systems, especially here in the Northeast. But they (Congress) won't do it as it makes too much sense...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-10-2016 01:42 PM
    Whoohoo, second medal on Olympics :D This time silver :D
    Rose640 and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-10-2016 01:45 PM
    I knew it was No Man's Sky by just reading your intro :D.
    I have to ask, do you follow PC Gamer? Have you read their latest article about the No Man's Sky where they explain what the game actually is and what isn't? Don't get carried away with the hype. Altough, you can refund pre-ordered games, right?
    Oh yeah, I've been reading about it for a few days now. (The negative and positive) on Reddit, and the Steam forums. I know what to expect. This is the "chill" game I have been waiting for!

Edit: yes, I've read the article on PC Gamer. I know what it is, it's a single player exploration, survival, and trading game. I just want to fly around the galaxies and explore. I'm in for the graphics, and being able to fly my ship around space, onto different planet's surfaces, and back out into space again seamlessly. The soundtrack is quite amazing as well... I've already downloaded the full soundtrack from YouTube music.
    Last edited by Ed Boland; 08-10-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    Rose640 likes this.
    08-10-2016 02:12 PM
    Just came back from the job interview. I am a bit perplexed because my first preference job (which should be a slam dunk for me) has interviews scheduled for tomorrow but no invite for me yet...hmmm.....interesting times lie ahead.
    N_LaRUE and sahib lopez like this.
    08-10-2016 02:58 PM
    Just came back from the job interview. I am a bit perplexed because my first preference job (which should be a slam dunk for me) has interviews scheduled for tomorrow but no invite for me yet...hmmm.....interesting times lie ahead.
    Let's hope it's not what my first guess is... management has somewhere they'd prefer to put you, not where you should think you'd go that makes the most sense.

This reminds me of a very interesting conversation I had with a manger recently at work that reminded me where I work management only wants things done on THEIR terms...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-10-2016 03:15 PM
    I'm devoted on making that happen 😂.
    Enjoy the process and best of luck to you there...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-10-2016 03:17 PM
    I'm at that point where no hardware out really moves me to go out and get it. While this is all fun to read, it's not as fun to own as it used to be...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-10-2016 03:45 PM
    Oh yeah, I've been reading about it for a few days now. (The negative and positive) on Reddit, and the Steam forums. I know what to expect. This is the "chill" game I have been waiting for!

Edit: yes, I've read the article on PC Gamer. I know what it is, it's a single player exploration, survival, and trading game. I just want to fly around the galaxies and explore. I'm in for the graphics, and being able to fly my ship around space, onto different planet's surfaces, and back out into space again seamlessly. The soundtrack is quite amazing as well... I've already downloaded the full soundtrack from YouTube music.
    In that case I'm sure you'll have tons of fun with it. Some people were idealising the game, some were even convinced it was a multiplayer, or some sort of large scale co-op.

Anyway, good luck with the game!
    Ed Boland likes this.
    08-10-2016 04:15 PM
    Haven't seen that soundtrack yet, even though everyone's been talking about it for the past few days. I'll have to check it out.
    Ed Boland likes this.
    08-10-2016 04:17 PM
    Hunger Games Update #2 for the day....Just got the invite to the second job interview tomorrow for my preferred position.
    Wish me luck!
    MSFTisMIA, azcruz, Rose640 and 3 others like this.
    08-10-2016 04:20 PM
144,427 ... 50845085508650875088 ...