With my allergies, I only buy vacuum cleaners with a HEPA filter. I looked at the Consumer Reports ratings and got one last year on Amazon, it's a Hoover and it is awesome. My original Hoover still works great but I like the new one since it is much lighter and has stronger suction with less power usage. The old one needs to get donated. I usually go with Consumer Reports ratings when deciding to buy an appliance and so far haven't gone wrong once yet...
    We also have chilies which are just starting to grow and some herbs.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-15-2016 11:42 AM
    We also have chilies which are just starting to grow and some herbs.
    I was watching some science program last night while the GF was braiding her hair...they profiled NYC for a small section and specifically talked about rooftop greeneries... growing veggies on enclosed greenhouse farms on the rooftops of a few buildings in the South Bronx.

In the house I grew up, we raised our own chickens, grew herbs, mint, and some ground provisions. Cannot wait to have a space big enough to do that again...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-15-2016 12:25 PM
    For the record, I've only checked my work email twice...both times last Monday...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-15-2016 12:26 PM
    Just watched some stuff I missed yesterday as we were out and about...Usain Bolt...man that guy is something!
    Very impressed with Wayde van Niekerk as well.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    08-15-2016 12:30 PM
    Just watched some stuff I missed yesterday as we were out and about...Usain Bolt...man that guy is something!
    Very impressed with Wayde van Niekerk as well.
    You know, they like to give the Jamaican track program a lot of flak, but we've been good in track since the Donald Quarrie days. People who follow track knows that we've been a drive at the Penn Relays for eons too...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-15-2016 01:02 PM
    I haven't owned a kite for several decades now. I do like them but at the end of the day I don't see the point.
    Well, they're for kids, not for adults, at least that's the way I see it.
    08-15-2016 02:59 PM
    Cool. I may end up purchasing the domain for the base $20/year rate.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    20$, only domain? It's a bit pricey if web space isn't included.
    08-15-2016 03:03 PM
    20$, only domain? It's a bit pricey if web space isn't included.
    Nothing in life is cheap or free...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    08-15-2016 04:03 PM
    Nothing in life is cheap or free...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    I think my domain, by itself, is about $12 a year.

I wanted to get the .xxx variant, but for some reason they tend to gouge you on that extension ($99 / year). Can't justify paying that much when it's just for fun :(
    MSFTisMIA and sahib lopez like this.
    08-15-2016 04:14 PM
    The world today.
    uploadfromtaptalk1471294743933.jpg
    08-15-2016 04:59 PM
    This one popped up the other day and I rather liked it...

Pokmon Go from the other side of the glass...

3692a519-e51f-46be-9079-d4842ff82b9c.jpg
    08-15-2016 05:06 PM
    We were thinking the Dyson Animal to start with but now that's changed as the wife wants a HEPA filter which is only on one V6 and on the V8 models. They're not cheap so we'll have to wait for a sale.
    My cousin has a Dyson Animal, and she loves it.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    08-15-2016 05:33 PM
    No issues there?
    None... Works and looks amazing! Been playing this all day since I posted this morning.
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    08-15-2016 06:09 PM
    I think my domain, by itself, is about $12 a year.

I wanted to get the .xxx variant, but for some reason they tend to gouge you on that extension ($99 / year). Can't justify paying that much when it's just for fun :(
    Agreed. WordPress was always pricy, hence why I didn't purchase the domain in the first place...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek, N_LaRUE and Rose640 like this.
    08-15-2016 06:28 PM
    And then you have this...

https://plus.google.com/107442707238...ts/QUfRazHhsxr

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Laura Knotek and Sport Driver like this.
    08-15-2016 08:23 PM
    Agreed. WordPress was always pricy, hence why I didn't purchase the domain in the first place...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    My domain is still with Brinkster, but content is already on Azure. Microsoft gives me $100/month as allowance.
    MSFTisMIA and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-15-2016 08:25 PM
    Final Hunger Games update...
    I got contacted by HR today. I was the #1 choice for either position that I applied to. After talking to my current boss, the potential new boss, the just turned ex boss (who asked me to come to work for this company and who took an assignment on the East Coast), and the biggest BOSS at home, I have decided to accept the position that was my first choice (even though it was a first choice by the thinnest of margins). Tomorrow morning, I will tell HR that I am going to accept my #1 choice.

The one upside that might matter to this thread, expect to see more travel photos:-)
    08-15-2016 09:38 PM
    @worldspy99, congratulations!
    worldspy99 and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-15-2016 09:44 PM
    I got contacted by HR today. I was the #1 choice for either position that I applied to. After talking to my current boss, the potential new boss, the just turned ex boss (who asked me to come to work for this company and who took an assignment on the East Coast), and the biggest BOSS at home, I have decided to accept the position that was my first choice (even though it was a first choice by the thinnest of margins). Tomorrow morning, I will tell HR that I am going to accept my #1 choice.

The one upside that might matter to this thread, expect to see more travel photos:-)
    Good news indeed. Congratulations.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    worldspy99 and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-15-2016 09:52 PM
    My domain is still with Brinkster, but content is already on Azure. Microsoft gives me $100/month as allowance.
    Good setup, it sounds like.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-15-2016 09:52 PM
    So I see MSFT is permanently selling the 950 and XL for $400 and $450 respectively.

Lol!

If they really wanted to sell these off, put them at $300 and $400 respectively. There's no way I'd buy them at these new prices.

I get that they made them for the fans, but we called this a year ago that they were overpriced and with how software wise Windows 10 was at launch, the initial pricing was a huge mistake. At this point, I'd like to get a 950 and if I was still in my bigger phone phase I'd have kept the XL. But even at the current t prices, they're not appealing...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-15-2016 09:57 PM
    I really like the Mi 5, but the lack of 4G on T-Mobile is killing me. I was reading something that in theory I can unlock the bootloader and try to reprogram it to pick up a few more bands, but from what I've seen so far...still no 4G.

Oh well, maybe i keep these for another 2 months and then try for a G5...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    08-15-2016 09:59 PM
    Curious to see how the new Nexus phones will look. But, I'm concerned that it will be overpriced.

Honestly, it may be time to kill off the Nexus line and go for Android Silver. I'd still keep both, really. Why? If they plan to have some add-on software features exclusively for Google branded phones, they can still sell a smaller reference device for devs. Mostly likely people would port some of the software stuffs anyways...

So Google gets to sell its own brand of phone and there's still a reference phone for devs exclusively. But then again, maybe those days are done...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    08-15-2016 10:08 PM

Congratulations WS99!! You'll do fantastic in your new position. You get to the East coast traveling, Boston to Virginia Beach, we must meet for a celebratory dinner!
    08-15-2016 10:30 PM

Congratulations!
    worldspy99 likes this.
    08-15-2016 10:55 PM
145,307 ... 50955096509750985099 ...