You really ignored N_LaRUE's post which stated exactly the same as I did, and he's a native English speaker. Just for your information, your German is worse than your English ;-)
    All praises to my Master who taught me and inspired me to post here, Sir Chregu (PhD holder of English Communication, awarded by Sir Martin of England, who dresses up like a mutant and plays random guitars) :p
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2013 04:57 AM
    I picked up a candy bar at a British import store here called 'Yorkie'. It said on the wrapper, "Do not feed the birds."
    Yeah, it's a bad advertising campaign at the moment. It's a claim that Yorkie's are a 'mans' chocolate bar. It's meant as 'togue in cheek' but it's got some people rilled up about it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2013 04:58 AM
    It's not really offensive in US. I'm not aware of any women who have any issues with the term 'chick flick'.
    Same here, i haven't heard anybody who was offended when somebody heard the term 'Chick flick'
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    It's not really offensive in US. I'm not aware of any women who have any issues with the term 'chick flick'.
    I don't know whats wrong with Sir Chregu :p
    Chick is a cool term in USA.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    I have a Windows Phone app called Ask Ziggy. It was a personal assistant, but I don't think it's available anymore in the Store.

It is from an Australian developer.

The voice options are: 'Sheila' or 'Bloke'.
    10-16-2013 04:59 AM
    I'm not saying all people find it offensive but there are those who do and personally I never liked the term. It is usually said in a deragtory manner, including term 'chick flick'.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:00 AM
    That would cause quite a scare.
    That reminds me of Pet Semetery by Stephen King.
    10-16-2013 05:01 AM
    Australia doesn't use 'chick', it's North American. Though with the increase of loving everything American in Oz I wouldn't be surprised if the slang becomes more popular. Though, 'chick' won't probably be one of the common ones. :P
    Halloween is yet an another thing that's North American that is loved in Australia, i don't have anything to do with Halloween.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    I'm not saying all people find it offensive but there are those who do and personally I never liked the term. It is usually said in a deragtory manner, including term 'chick flick'.
    Chick = lady
    flick = movie

lol :p, lets talk about something else now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    I picked up a candy bar at a British import store here called 'Yorkie'. It said on the wrapper, "Do not feed the birds."
    Yeah because of the size of the chunks they had an ad campaign running for a while with the strapline "not for girls".
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:02 AM
    I have a Windows Phone app called Ask Ziggy. It was a personal assistant, but I don't think it's available anymore in the Store.

Yeah that's the 'typical' terms used. However, 'bird' is used quite a bit still. Similairly how they use 'chick' in the US.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Oh boy, i hate those terms.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    Yeah, it's a bad advertising campaign at the moment. It's a claim that Yorkie's are a 'mans' chocolate bar. It's meant as 'togue in cheek' but it's got some people rilled up about it.
    I thought it was funny. Supposedly Yorkie's are a favourite of lorry drivers.
    Chick = lady
    flick = movie

lol :p, lets talk about something else now.
    Talking about pet cloning, chocolate bars, animals and the meaning of 'chick flick' and every word associated with it is getting weird.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-16-2013 05:03 AM

Ask Ziggy | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (Australia)

Well, it's still on the WP Store. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:04 AM
    Same. They're old Aussie slang but still used quite a bit.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:05 AM
    Is vegemite any good? Is it really popular in Australia?
    10-16-2013 05:05 AM
    Halloween is yet an another thing that's North American that is loved in Australia, i don't have anything to do with Halloween.
    Halloween is actually pagan/christian so mainly originally European to celebrate all hallows eve. Was originally a festival to remember the dead much like the Mexican day of the dead. Somehow its gotten twisted in popular culture to what it is now.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-16-2013 05:07 AM
    Talking about pet cloning, chocolate bars, the meaning of 'chick flick' and every word associated with it is getting weird.
    I wouldn't clone my pet, it won't be the same at all character wise, although it will look the same. I like chocolate, but I don't eat chocolate regularly, I prefer ice cream if I want to eat something sweet. I think there's a difference between talking about a chick flick in general, or calling a specific woman with whom you have professional relations a chick.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:08 AM
    Laura Knotek and LMZR like this.
    10-16-2013 05:10 AM
    I think if I was to clone any one thing it would be my girlfriend...

Oh the possibilities....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:11 AM

Oh the possibilities....
    I am thinking of the negative effects.

"Clone, stay with him all day, keep a watch on him''
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-16-2013 05:14 AM
    Is vegemite any good? Is it really popular in Australia?
    Um... yes it's popular. It's typically fed to young Aussies. Whether it's good depends on your taste buds. I've gotten to like it personally. I even 'miss' it when I travel.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:14 AM

Oh the possibilities....
    You'd have a baby with the same DNA as your girlfriend. Probably developing age related diseases very early, as you'd have to take the aged DNA from your girlfriend to clone her.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-16-2013 05:15 AM
    Lets make Chregu clone himself, and his clone clones himself, so we all have 1 Chregu to clone ourselves.

martinmc78 be like - "Sounds legit"
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-16-2013 05:17 AM
145,246 ... 508509510511512 ...