Uggg, woke up around 1:30 last night and couldn't get back to sleep for around 2 hours. Now I am seriously lagging at work. On the bright side. I have plenty of coffee stocked up at my desk.

Oh, and to try and stay on topic in an off-topic thread, Longest I've stayed at a job is 9 years, which happens to be where I am currently.
    09-09-2016 09:12 AM
    I can't find it now, but the other day I saw a picture that had a Monty Python reference, something along the lines of...

It's 2016 and suddenly strange women, lying in ponds, distributing swords is starting to look like a very good system of government.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    09-09-2016 10:04 AM
    9 Years is a long time at any place. It's only understandable to feel various feelings.

The longest I stayed anywhere was 11 years. My first full time job. When I left it to move to Australia I was in a different state of mind. Sure there were people I was going to miss to an extent but the main thing that happened for me was the feeling of relief. The place had been very toxic for me that whole time and it felt like a weight had been lifted. I was probably more happy than I should have been. :P

At the moment I've been at this place for four years. Second longest time I've stayed at a company. When I go to leave it in 2-5 years (that's the plan anyway) I will probably feel a bit different because I won't just be leaving this company but the industry as well. Saying that, I'll probably still celebrate it!
    Longest I stayed at a job was just under 8 years - my first job out of graduate school here in the USA. It was great, loved the work, the people, the town, the house - we still own it. But my career growth stalled a bit and town was too small for wife to get a job so we moved. A little over 5 years at the next place - absolute disaster, couldn't be happier to skip town, plus the kid was miserable with the weather there, couldn't go out before 8PM, not fun for a 1 year old. Very happy at the 3rd place now where I have now spent a little over 5 years. Next move hasn't fully crystallized yet....
    09-09-2016 11:03 AM
    Thanks. Actually I have to work part time to finish my final year in graduate school.

It's just time to do something else.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Good luck! I hope you will do well in school and find something better.
    worldspy99 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-09-2016 01:04 PM
    I'm in this club with Laura. I'm 47, and have played with and experimented with all kinds of analog audio ever since I figured out how to take things apart. I think I was 8 or 9 years old when I disassembled my first radio and wired extra speakers into it. I was fascinated by how speakers worked! I remember my mom even buying me one of those "build your own radio" project kits from Radio Shack when I was like 12. It wasn't long after that when I discovered the electric guitar and amplifiers! Piles and piles of audio cables, RCA connectors, adapters, jacks, mixers, etc etc soon began to clutter my bedroom. You'd have to climb over this stuff just to walk in my room lol... This was waaaaay before the digital age.

And I still have my circa '80's turntable and my entire collection of about 2000 vinyl LPs as well.

Why am I posting all of this? IDFK.. Just saying, no matter what tech the big companies like Apple, Google, or MSFT decide they want us to use for our audio listening, I'll have no problem with figuring out what to use that works best for me, and the artists and producers that I choose to listen to will sound fantastic!
    I'll add that many of the albums I have from 70s/80s bands recorded on analog equipment and released on vinyl were produced by members of the bands. I trust that those guys knew exactly how they wanted their albums to sound.
    worldspy99 and Ed Boland like this.
    09-09-2016 01:30 PM
    We listened to a setup with an iPhone docked to a high end DAC. We were all surprised at the quality, or lack thereof.

We discovered the audio files were 128Kb :)
    Notice the bit rate of my files.
    capture2.png

Yes, it sounds good.
    09-09-2016 01:38 PM
    I kind of liked it... At one point I was doing contract work and could work whenever I wanted, just needed to hit my deadlines... anyhow, I'd start working around 12AM or 1AM and wouldn't go to sleep till the sun started to come up :)
    Same here I always liked getting up when its dark. The sunlight is boring
    09-09-2016 05:09 PM
    Wow in just 4 hours 7 people have came into the store to pre-order the IPhone 7
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-09-2016 05:11 PM
    Wow in just 4 hours 7 people have came into the store to pre-order the IPhone 7
    The remaining ordered it online???
    09-09-2016 05:57 PM
    9 Years is a long time at any place. It's only understandable to feel various feelings.

The longest I stayed anywhere was 11 years.
    Longest I stayed at a job was just under 8 years ....
    Longest I stayed was 28 years :|
    09-09-2016 06:21 PM
    Longest I stayed was 28 years :|
    I don't think I could make it that long at one place... I eventually start getting bored with daily routine and need a change of pace... I'm about at that point now with my current job 😰

Sent from mTalk
    09-09-2016 08:08 PM
    I don't think I could make it that long at one place... I eventually start getting bored with daily routine and need a change of pace... I'm about at that point now with my current job ��

Sent from mTalk
    I'd probably still be working there if they hadn't closed their doors. I outlasted the business!
    09-09-2016 10:51 PM
    You never miss a beat...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-09-2016 11:09 PM
    You never miss a beat...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Nope!
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    09-09-2016 11:46 PM
    Phone will arrive next Friday but I am already swimming in cases and screen protectors - 5 cases and three screen protectors are already here :-)
    09-09-2016 11:47 PM
    Morning folks. After 5 Guinness, 2 Tequila shots, 1 Kamikaze, lots of hugs and well wishes...I survived a good day yesterday.

Now I'm spending part of my Saturday cleaning out my office.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    09-10-2016 07:38 AM
    Anyone here knowledgeable about Bitcoin? If so, any investment ideas and/or strategies?
    09-10-2016 12:38 PM
    Morning folks. After 5 Guinness, 2 Tequila shots, 1 Kamikaze, lots of hugs and well wishes...I survived a good day yesterday.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Best of luck with everything MIA!
    09-10-2016 12:39 PM

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Good luck with everything in the future! 😊

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    09-10-2016 04:16 PM
    Yup I'm guessing so 😁
    09-10-2016 04:30 PM
    Just left the work site for the last time...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-10-2016 05:55 PM
    I want to see the V20 in person. If it is nice enough, I'll try to grab one for my birthday next spring. Maybe.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    09-10-2016 07:22 PM
    I want to see the V20 in person. If it is nice enough, I'll try to grab one for my birthday next spring. Maybe.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    I'm also interested in checking it out. I liked the V10.
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    09-10-2016 11:05 PM
    Morning... feeling pretty rough this morning!
    09-11-2016 07:17 AM
    My desktop wallpaper for the day!

image.jpeg
    09-11-2016 07:20 AM
142,848 ... 51295130513151325133 ...