The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    So I never really paid any attention to my mother's laptop. I don't know where she got it from (I think she bought it online through Amazon) I knew it had Windows 7 on it and it was a DELL.

Well today she asked me to take a look at it, as she was having some issues with it. HOLY laptop this thing is a beast! It's a DELL XPS 15 L502X Gaming laptop!

Specs:

i7-2670QM
    8 GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GT540M

The bummer: 1366x768 res

Despite the mediocre screen, this thing screams with Windows 10. Yeah, I spent a few hours getting her updated and making sure all of her Mahjong games were working.
    09-24-2016 06:25 PM
    So I never really paid any attention to my mother's laptop. I don't know where she got it from (I think she bought it online through Amazon) I knew it had Windows 7 on it and it was a DELL.

Well today she asked me to take a look at it, as she was having some issues with it. HOLY laptop this thing is a beast! It's a DELL XPS 15 L502X Gaming laptop!

Specs:

i7-2670QM
    8 GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce GT540M

The bummer: 1366x768 res

Despite the mediocre screen, this thing screams with Windows 10. Yeah, I spent a few hours getting her updated and making sure all of her Mahjong games were working.
    That's where they get you with the laptops...the good ones have good to great screens...and that's what you pay the extra $$$ for every time...

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    09-24-2016 06:49 PM
    I love my new phone, its a samsung focus i917 😁 with this new feature called tiles......😁
    LOL, that was my first windows phone. Still have it. I remember how exciting it was to update it to Mango.
    09-24-2016 07:26 PM
    LOL, that was my first windows phone. Still have it. I remember how exciting it was to update it to Mango.
    It's a very good phone for its time. Probably the most memorable Windows phone made by Samsung - even though i personally liked the Focus S a whole lot.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 09:40 PM
    I'm still waffling as to whether or not I'll keep the Mi 5. I really like it, but being in an area where it's a dead zone is killing me at times. We'll see what happens...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-24-2016 09:43 PM
    Okay, so I had the weirdest "like" on Instagram a few minutes ago. An adult toy delivery service account in the Seattle area liked my post of the Space Needle. I died laughing when I read the account bio!
    Last edited by worldspy99; 09-25-2016 at 01:39 AM.
    09-24-2016 10:54 PM
    I've got free 10 days. Don't know what I'm going to do with all that free time.

I'll probably ride my bike till I get dead tired. I always wanted to get to Zenica (~50km from my town) by bike, we'll see.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-25-2016 03:02 AM
    10 o'clock still haven't had breakfast. I actually got up just minutes ago. With my hand injured, I'm afraid I'll get super lazy these next few days.
    09-25-2016 03:04 AM
    Rode to a town about 30 km away from my city after I finished 10th grade with my buddy. Oh the memories...Good luck Rose640.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-25-2016 03:28 AM
    10 o'clock still haven't had breakfast. I actually got up just minutes ago. With my hand injured, I'm afraid I'll get super lazy these next few days.
    It's 1:30AM and I just finished watching a movie. I'm off to bed.
    N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and Rose640 like this.
    09-25-2016 03:28 AM
    Overall:

1) I like the Honor 8. I prefer the Mi 5's screen. It's a bit more saturated LCD screen but sees nicely in sunlight. I think if I wanted to be cheap and camera was my focus solely, I'd get this.

2) The new iPhones are... interesting. I like the feel in hand on both. That jet black is akin to the old 3G(S) black...scratch city. The matte black is nice. If I had a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones, and was upgrading from a iPhone 5 and down, I'd get this. Any SE or 6 series users should skip this and wait for next year's. It feels zippy and more compact in hand - both models.

3) V10 feels smaller in hand than I remember. Makes me really want to see the V20.

4) The G5 gives me mixed feelings still. I'd still pick this over a Honor 8 at the same price easily, but man...LG missed. I still love the camera, but the screen's too dim for my tastes. The modular thing doesn't matter to me, but I'd get it in either silver or gold. I'd love a smaller G6 with a better twin camera setup.

5) I like the Axon 7. In gold it looks sweet but the silver looks pretty good too. It's smaller than I thought in hand (I've got big hands)...I wish the camera was better though...

6) The 6P looks smaller than I remember. If I could get a 64GB for about $300, I'd do it instantly...size and all.

7) I still really like the HTC 10. It feels good in hand and I like the screen a bit more than the Mi 5. I know that's a 1080P vs 2K display, but audio wise, it'll do the trick for me. At $400, I'd get this over the other $400 phones...and maybe even the G5 at the same price.

So in comparison to the Mi 5...if I could put LG's main camera, the true radio support for T-Mobile, and the HTC 10's audio in the Mi 5's size, I'd be set.

The Mi 5 is a very capable offering. I do like what Xiaomi is doing here. I'd easily see myself with two SIMs and using their dual app set up. I'm still not sure if I'll keep the Mi 5, but it just reminds me that HTC and Sony need to fix their pricing as the Chinese have really come to play.

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Oh, I saw the Sony XA and XA Ultra. The XA Ultra like nice. I can see why this might sell in some markets. The XA looks like a cheap plastic mess. Did not like the feel in hand at all, and had a good laugh at that price.

Oh Sony, still have no clue, I see...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-25-2016 06:24 AM
    That's Rue you're talking about, not me...

Posted via Xiaomi Mi 5
    Hardly.

From a style perspective I like the XZ. I know some people think it's boring but I like the simplicity. I also think that blue is nice.

However, I have no idea what I want at this moment in time. I don't need a new phone. I would like something probably early next year though so we'll see what's available then.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-25-2016 06:31 AM
    It's 1:30AM and I just finished watching a movie. I'm off to bed.
    Is it really that big of a time difference? I always thought it was a bit less.
    09-25-2016 06:42 AM
    This is rather disturbing.
    http://9gag.com/gag/aYLZ2Xq
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-25-2016 09:19 AM
    Hardly.

From a style perspective I like the XZ. I know some people think it's boring but I like the simplicity. I also think that blue is nice.

However, I have no idea what I want at this moment in time. I don't need a new phone. I would like something probably early next year though so we'll see what's available then.
    Was poking fun at you there.

Just think that Sony has really, really lost their way. Not sure if they'll be able to recover from this.

My guess is of the big four who are struggling - HTC, Sony, Moto and LG - LG has the best shot to survive. Lenovo will keep Moto around for a little while and I think eventually Sony will leave the handset business. Most likely HTC will find a way to keep chugging along...fringes, yes, but chugging along...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-25-2016 09:20 AM
    This is rather disturbing.
    http://9gag.com/gag/aYLZ2Xq
    Bizarre!
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    09-25-2016 02:15 PM
    Enjoying a salted caramel frappuccino at the local Starbucks with the kiddo...
    09-25-2016 04:43 PM

All the Peugeot accounted for...
    09-25-2016 05:11 PM
    Enjoying a salted caramel frappuccino at the local Starbucks with the kiddo...
    Yum. That's the good stuff.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-25-2016 06:44 PM
    Our rallye event ended up in a place called The Brewery, and rightly so.

Their IPA is pretty good, but the food ain't.

This also demonstrate the low-light shots from the P9, hand held so you will notice camera shake.
    09-25-2016 07:08 PM
    Our rallye event ended up in a place called The Brewery, and rightly so.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3c3a679168.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b4d8f9527d.jpg

Their IPA is pretty good, but the food ain't.

This also demonstrate the low-light shots from the P9, hand held so you will notice camera shake.
    Mmm, IPA is my favorite type of beer.
    azcruz likes this.
    09-26-2016 12:59 AM
    Sunday afternoon project with the kiddo...
    09-26-2016 01:05 AM
    The ifruit is alive...
    sahib lopez and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-26-2016 01:05 AM
    I'm in Ljubljana, starting with college today. One week early, it is some kind of intro
    N_LaRUE, Rose640, sinime and 1 others like this.
    09-26-2016 01:32 AM
    That's the seven? I think I'll pass for now...
    09-26-2016 02:57 AM
142,771 ... 51495150515151525153 ...