Back in the 70s I think it would have been easier to achieve than nowadays. The equipment is a lot more robust and so long as you treat it well and have it set up correctly you would probably have a hard time blowing a speaker.

If you want to blow a speaker you simply get a powerful amp and a speaker that can't handle the power. Crank it to full, play for an hour so. Once you hear distortion you've likely killed it one way or another.
    I agree!

Although I would've had a hard time blowing a speaker with the awful pressing of the Trilogy vinyl that I sent back to Amazon since it was quiet compared to any of my other records, whether vintage or new.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-28-2016 02:59 AM
    It's one of my favourite Maiden songs but not sure if I'd consider it the best metal song. Music is about personal taste so there really is no such things as 'best'.
    I agree wrt "best" music being subjective. If one likes the galloping rhythm, then "Children of the Grave" on Master of Reality by Black Sabbath does it earlier than anything by Iron Maiden.
    09-28-2016 03:03 AM
    To Rose640, you might not have known, but Tony Iommi created a heavy sound unintentionally. He downtuned his guitar, since he had an easier time time playing it downtuned. He lost the tips of the fingers on his right hand (he's left handed) in an industrial accident as a teenager. That downtuned guitar, plus the necessary downtuned bass by Geezer Butler gave Black Sabbath their distinctive sound.
    Rose640 likes this.
    09-28-2016 03:12 AM
    Another really good song is "Into the Void" by Black Sabbath.

I like their album Master of Reality better than Paranoid since they established their heavy sound with the down tuned guitar and bass on Master of Reality.
    I'm not too familiar with Sabbath, I know just 5-6 songs. I'll have to check that album.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:05 AM
    anybody else watching the new south park season 20? i voted for turd sandwich ;D , memberberries are really trippy btw xD
    Attachment 130807
    I haven't watched South Park for ages, but wasn't this episode a part of older season? I think I remember this scene. Not sure though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:07 AM
    OJ walked and kardashian threw up after the final verdict.( psss: he knew it was OJ)
    Kardashian? Huh? I'm lost.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:08 AM
    I haven't watched South Park for ages, but wasn't this episode a part of older season? I think I remember this scene. Not sure though.
    Though I haven't watched South Park in a very very long time, this particular episode refers to the current US presidential race.
    09-28-2016 06:09 AM
    It's one of my favourite Maiden songs but not sure if I'd consider it the best metal song. Music is about personal taste so there really is no such things as 'best'.
    Agreed. We doo have similar tastes in music, so that might have had a big influence.

The only thing we differ is post metal, I just can't get him to listen to any of Tool's stuff.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:13 AM
    To Rose640, you might not have known, but Tony Iommi created a heavy sound unintentionally. He downtuned his guitar, since he had an easier time time playing it downtuned. He lost the tips of the fingers on his right hand (he's left handed) in an industrial accident as a teenager. That downtuned guitar, plus the necessary downtuned bass by Geezer Butler gave Black Sabbath their distinctive sound.
    I knew it was because of his fingers, but I thought they were just broken, like when pianist brake theirs.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:16 AM
    Though I haven't watched South Park in a very very long time, this particular episode refers to the current US presidential race.
    I must have confused it with something else then.
    09-28-2016 06:17 AM
    What a long post Rue, I can't quote it on my phone :D

Reading your post I've realised Australia is nothing like I thought it would be, lol. I mean, I expected it to be expensive, and I understand there's no "history", but I guess some nice landscapes would make up for it?

The part that dissapointed me was the immigrations, I've never realised it was that difficult to get in.

I still have a lot of time to make my moves. The real decision making awaits me after my college.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:26 AM
    Agreed. We doo have similar tastes in music, so that might have had a big influence.

The only thing we differ is post metal, I just can't get him to listen to any of Tool's stuff.
    It took me awhile to warm to Tool personally. At first I wasn't overly enthused with anything other than Sober and that's because I heard it on the radio when it came out. I used to listen to a good Alternative Rock station back in Canada. Lately the music on it is a bit bland and the DJ's are annoying.

Anyway, I think for Tool you need to listen to some of the earlier stuff to appreciate the newer stuff.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-28-2016 06:27 AM
    Oh and marrying for visa, nah, I'd never do that. I find it kind of silly to be honest, maybe even hilarious.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:27 AM
    @Rose, everything except EU will be quite a problem for you to move to. Germany is your best bet I think.
    Rose640 likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:30 AM
    It took me awhile to warm to Tool personally. At first I wasn't overly enthused with anything other than Sober and that's because I heard it on the radio when it came out. I used to listen to a good Alternative Rock station back in Canada. Lately the music on it is a bit bland and the DJ's are annoying.

Anyway, I think for Tool you need to listen to some of the earlier stuff to appreciate the newer stuff.
    I think Schism was what I heard first. And I instantly liked it. I hadn't be so enthustiastic about a band since I heard Welcome to the jungle for the first time.

I got totally hooked on Tool after listening to 46 & 2, it can't get better than psychology and psychodelia mixed in one.
    09-28-2016 06:35 AM
    @Rose, everything except EU will be quite a problem for you to move to. Germany is your best bet I think.
    We do have an agreement with Germany about exchanging educated work force, or something like that. But as I said for thousands of times, LANGUAGE.
    09-28-2016 06:37 AM
    What a long post Rue, I can't quote it on my phone :D

Reading your post I've realised Australia is nothing like I thought it would be, lol. I mean, I expected it to be expensive, and I understand there's no "history", but I guess some nice landscapes would make up for it?

The part that dissapointed me was the immigrations, I've never realised it was that difficult to get in.

I still have a lot of time to make my moves. The real decision making awaits me after my college.
    Don't get me wrong, Australia is a beautiful and ancient land. It's got some of the most amazing beaches you can visit. I could easily flood this thread with pictures. Trust me, Bondi beach is nothing compared to where I've been.

It's got some very distinctive landmarks, diverse and dangerous wildlife, and a range of weather, you can go snow skiing in Australia if you want. However, the culture is interesting. It sometimes felt a touch 'American' and almost 'cultish'. They like to drink, a lot. If you like BBQs and beer you're half way there. Depending on who you hang out with your conversations will range from cars and sport (Aussies LOVE sport) to how many houses you own. The class difference in Aussies is based on income. Lower income earners tend to talk a lot about sport, their cars and when they got drunk last. Not much else really.

I would never recommend anyone to immigrate to a country they've never visited so I'd recommend doing the working tourist visa for the year and see what you think. If you decide that's something you'd like to try out, do some research on companies to work for and see if they'd be interested in hiring you. You can work six months at a company then you need to switch. Other than that you can try the roaming around Australia doing odd job thing but that's sort of disconcerting in my opinion.

Once you have some insight you can then decide if you want to return/stay or not. I'm sure you'd enjoy the experience but it's always best to remember it's a lot different living somewhere than visiting it.
    09-28-2016 06:40 AM
    I think the world is a bit more open than you think. Especially if you're under 30. Trust me on that.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:44 AM
    Oh and marrying for visa, nah, I'd never do that. I find it kind of silly to be honest, maybe even hilarious.
    I didn't mean to go out of your way to find someone to marry I was meaning if you happen to.

The two easiest ways to get a visa in ANY country is to marry or get a job. The US is by far the hardest with either of these two methods but not impossible.
    09-28-2016 06:48 AM
    Don't get me wrong, Australia is a beautiful and ancient land. It's got some of the most amazing beaches you can visit. I could easily flood this thread with pictures. Trust me, Bondi beach is nothing compared to where I've been.

It's got some very distinctive landmarks, diverse and dangerous wildlife, and a range of weather, you can go snow skiing in Australia if you want. However, the culture is interesting. It sometimes felt a touch 'American' and almost 'cultish'. They like to drink, a lot. If you like BBQs and beer you're half way there. Depending on who you hang out with your conversations will range from cars and sport (Aussies LOVE sport) to how many houses you own. The class difference in Aussies is based on income. Lower income earners tend to talk a lot about sport, their cars and when they got drunk last. Not much else really.

I would never recommend anyone to immigrate to a country they've never visited so I'd recommend doing the working tourist visa for the year and see what you think. If you decide that's something you'd like to try out, do some research on companies to work for and see if they'd be interested in hiring you. You can work six months at a company then you need to switch. Other than that you can try the roaming around Australia doing odd job thing but that's sort of disconcerting in my opinion.

Once you have some insight you can then decide if you want to return/stay or not. I'm sure you'd enjoy the experience but it's always best to remember it's a lot different living somewhere than visiting it.
    BBQs and beer? Then yes, I'm halfway there :D. I like what I'm reading, I'll really have to do some research and definetelly check those link you left me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:58 AM
    I didn't mean to go out of your way to find someone to marry I was meaning if you happen to.

The two easiest ways to get a visa in ANY country is to marry or get a job. The US is by far the hardest with either of these two methods but not impossible.
    I get it 😂. I have no plans in getting married in a long, long time. Gotta experience life first.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2016 07:00 AM
    BBQs and beer? Then yes, I'm halfway there :D. I like what I'm reading, I'll really have to do some research and definetelly check those link you left me.
    What do you plan to take in college? I still know a few people in Australia.
    09-28-2016 07:04 AM
    I get it . I have no plans in getting married in a long, long time. Gotta experience life first.
    Just be smart when you're experiencing it. :P
    09-28-2016 07:05 AM
    Don't forget sport and specifically, Cricket, Rugby and Aussie Rules Footy. When 'Footy' season is on it feels like half the news is about it.
    09-28-2016 07:08 AM
    What do you plan to take in college? I still know a few people in Australia.
    I believe I already talked about this. It's same as Driver's. It's not electrical engeeniring, even though that's what Google Translate says. Here you go, you'll get the picture, it's about graphic design, programming etc.

Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Sarajevo: ENGLISH
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-28-2016 08:00 AM
145,648 ... 51525153515451555156 ...