So as folks can tell by the signature...I owe a mini-review.

This battery is going to be the death for because of how tiny it is, but sometimes you have to just suck it up and make some compromises to get back on track. I was without a phone since Monday (by choice). I wanted to hold out for a HTC 10 but decided against that.

I scored this on a nice deal. So far so good...it has some quirks but we'll see how it goes...

From the Rockin' Robin (Nextbit)
    You and your fascination with smartphones that have sub-par cameras....SMH!
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    09-29-2016 12:04 AM
    You and your fascination with smartphones that have sub-par cameras....SMH!
    I picked this up for different reasons.
    I saw that the camera is so-so. For what I'm going to use it for now, that's acceptable.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-29-2016 12:17 AM
    So as folks can tell by the signature...I owe a mini-review.

This battery is going to be the death for because of how tiny it is, but sometimes you have to just suck it up and make some compromises to get back on track. I was without a phone since Monday (by choice). I wanted to hold out for a HTC 10 but decided against that.

I scored this on a nice deal. So far so good...it has some quirks but we'll see how it goes...

Back on the 808 chip...sigh...I must admit, that 820 chip for this year is really, really nice...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-29-2016 12:18 AM
    I'll post my 360 Sport + Robin reviews soon enough. I like the Sport.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-29-2016 12:19 AM
    Ok I owe all of you something, a mini review of HTC 10.

What I like:
    Build and weight. I love how premium it feels in the hand, makes my Nexus 5X feel like plastic toy. Also back is nicely curved and it feels really good in hand and not slippery at all.
    I also like speakers, they are good but they didn't wow me all that much but good for the phone.
    Camera in low light is great, I love pictures I managed to take with auto function. Unlike on LG G5 here is manual control a bit harder to get right. And I liked LG camera app a bit more. Examples of pictures in low light will be down under.
    OS is BS free, gallery is only Google one and I like that, same goes for music. Blinkfeed for me was meh, I like google now much more.
    I also like capacitive buttons.
    Colors on screen also seem a bit more saturated than on my Nexus and I like that.
    What I didn't like:
    Fingerprint scanner seems slow compared to my Nexus and didn't recognise my finger quite often, also it doesn't work with winger a bit wet. But I liked the placement on the front.
    It gets a bit warm occasionally but nothing too problematic.
    Battery is meh, it almost gets me over a whole day but SOT is around 3,5h usually, not awful but could be better :)

To sum up, I like the phone but by no means it is worth as much as HTC want for it, unfortunately. I don't have major complaints but there is nothing to wow me. I would probably get this over LG G5, if they were the same price though.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...60f8cd2cf0.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3f81ea7476.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0e8218631d.jpg
    Nice review! Thanks for letting us know about it. 😊
    09-29-2016 01:07 AM
    God, first thing in the morning (7am) and there's someone wearing perfume rather heavily. It's like breathing the stuff. It's making me feel nauseous.

I can only assume it's the lady on the other side of the partition from me. It doesn't smell like a man's cologne.
    09-29-2016 01:19 AM
    God, first thing in the morning (7am) and there's someone wearing perfume rather heavily. It's like breathing the stuff. It's making me feel nauseous.

I can only assume it's the lady on the other side of the partition from me. It doesn't smell like a man's cologne.
    Yikes! That's not good. It's not supposed to be so strong it smells like one took a bath in it. 😞
    Rose640 and libra89 like this.
    09-29-2016 01:28 AM
    Random thought...

What if Trump isn't the president we need (or want), but the one we deserve?

Then I would say you've had too much Deadpool.
    sinime and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-29-2016 05:29 AM
    You have a 7-day work week??
    I guess he has some kind of uncoventional weekend, let's put it that way. It's not 7 day work week. I think so.
    09-29-2016 05:32 AM

Just by reading this my eyes got wet. I hate perfumes, that is when people abuse them. They tend to do that at our gym. I mean, wtf, I'm at the gym, I'm breathing heavy, I'm tired, and the guy working there sprays half of that bottle.

To me, perfumes should be noticed only in trails, like just enough to sense it, not to drown in it.
    09-29-2016 05:35 AM
    Just by reading this my eyes got wet. I hate perfumes, that is when people abuse them. They tend to do that at our gym. I mean, wtf, I'm at the gym, I'm breathing heavy, I'm tired, and the guy working there sprays half of that bottle.

To me, perfumes should be noticed only in trails, like just enough to sense it, not to drown in it.
    I'm with you on that one.

I'm practically allergic to most perfumes. My wife wears some from time to time but she knows how to wear perfume. She doesn't bathe in it just a couple of sprays.

I'm still suffering. The smell isn't as strong now but for the first three hours it felt like I was breathing fumes. I just hope whoever it is doesn't decide to put more on when they 'feel' like it's no longer smelly....
    09-29-2016 05:51 AM
    I'm with you on that one.

I'm practically allergic to most perfumes. My wife wears some from time to time but she knows how to wear perfume. She doesn't bathe in it just a couple of sprays.

I'm still suffering. The smell isn't as strong now but for the first three hours it felt like I was breathing fumes. I just hope whoever it is doesn't decide to put more on when they 'feel' like it's no longer smelly....
    I'd have popped out an air freshener that has no smell but eliminates odors, sprayed my area loudly and not given a damn while doing it...

Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 09-29-2016 at 09:11 AM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-29-2016 07:35 AM
    Yikes! That's not good. It's not supposed to be so strong it smells like one took a bath in it. 😞
    We have a young woman in our purchasing department who wears really strong perfume. You can smell her vapor trail a mile away. Forget that, it's still lingering at the copy machine long after she is gone.
    N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and azcruz like this.
    09-29-2016 08:08 AM
    I'd have popped out an air freshener that has no smell buy eliminates odors, sprayed my area loudly and not given a damn while doing it...

I remember you telling me about that but I don't remember what it is.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-29-2016 08:19 AM
    We have a young woman in our purchasing department who wears really strong perfume. You can smell her vapor trail a mile away. Forget that, it's still lingering at the copy machine long after she is gone.
    It was bloody toxic this morning. Eye watering and hard to breath. It was pretty bad to the point I wanted to leave.
    sinime and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-29-2016 08:20 AM
    I'd stick one of those stick on Glade style wall plugin or the cheap ones by the copy machine.

Maybe she's trying to score a raise with the beauty approach...

N_LaRUE likes this.
    09-29-2016 09:14 AM
    I'd stick one of those stick on Glade style wall plugin or the cheap ones by the copy machine.

Or hide some other smell
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-29-2016 09:23 AM
    Or hide some other smell
    People who wear too much perfume in my opinion are a bit more on the attention-seeking side...

09-29-2016 11:32 AM
    I can't stand really musky perfume that's too strong. I think I would have left!
    09-29-2016 01:10 PM

She already scored two promotions in the last two years already and she is quite good looking as well. I don't think she needs a vapor trail that spans the solar system to get noticed :-)
    09-29-2016 01:15 PM
    I remember you telling me about that but I don't remember what it is.
    http://zorbx.com

This one works well.
    09-29-2016 01:54 PM
    She already scored two promotions in the last two years already and she is quite good looking as well. I don't think she needs a vapor trail that spans the solar system to get noticed :-)
    She may not need it, but as long as she thinks she needs it, you'll be wallowing in that stench for a while longer...

09-29-2016 02:26 PM
    Decisions, decisions....
    wp_20160929_15_22_11_pro.jpg
    wp_20160929_15_23_45_pro.jpg
    wp_20160929_15_24_10_pro-1-.jpg
    09-29-2016 05:59 PM
    For the record, this is the first Android phone I've used which is making synchronization if some of my MSFT services a real pain in ***...

Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-29-2016 07:33 PM
    For the record, this is the first Android phone I've used which is making synchronization if some of my MSFT services a real pain in ***...

Got it fixed by using another email client. Let's see if I get Android wear support with this client. What a pain in the *** this has been...

Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    09-29-2016 09:17 PM
143,645 ... 51545155515651575158 ...