That probably won't be until sometime next year. I'm still satisfied with my 27" AOC LED. It does a very nice 1080p, and has a 2ms response time.

I'd probably get the family a nice big 4K display for the living room (The TV), before I'd replace my gaming PC display. I was looking at an 82" the other day... it was frickin huge!
    And here I think my 32" is big, lol. All I can say is that it would be pure satisfaction to watch TV on it, I wouldn't even mind the commercials, lol.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2016 01:16 AM
    Speaking of commercials, I once complained to Fox about them. What they did (and guess what, still do) is broadcast a 30ish minutes show that starts for example at 8 and finishes at 9. How? Every few minutes of the show there's equal amount of ads.
    What I got in response was that it's all according to law.
    I don't know why I even tried.
    10-03-2016 01:20 AM
    Went to the beach in Malibu today.
    Though I live but a 5 min drive to the coast, I still miss being by a real beach. I haven't been to Malibu in about 8 years. I think... might even be longer.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2016 02:32 AM
    And here I think my 32" is big, lol. All I can say is that it would be pure satisfaction to watch TV on it, I wouldn't even mind the commercials, lol.
    32" are becoming the 'small' TVs here in the UK. I think most people are over the 50" these days.
    10-03-2016 02:40 AM
    Neither am I lol but I guess its the thought that counts
    Yeah I agree. Good way to confuse you though...

Don't forget to reciprocate one day...
    10-03-2016 02:41 AM
    32" are becoming the 'small' TVs here in the UK. I think most people are over the 50" these days.
    But this is Bosnia :D Most of the folks still own those TVs with an a**, lol.
    sinime and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-03-2016 04:51 AM
    Skulling classes again, nothing import today I belive, so I allowed myself to enjoy a nice morning coffe.
    10-03-2016 04:52 AM
    But this is Bosnia :D Most of the folks still own those TVs with an a**, lol.
    I've seen TVs since they were black and white and an extra piece of furniture... so it's not that big of a deal. My mum had a tube TV up until a couple of years ago. She was just used to them and so long as it worked she was happy.

I also saw one of the first LCD TVs before they were even being produced.

I don't miss the big bulky TV to be honest. I like the fact I can mount it on the wall, which in the small houses of the UK helps with space. I do recall the early plasma TVs and how heavy they were, need reinforced walls to hold them up!

Ah technology. We're still so far away compared to where I thought it would be... oh well.
    sinime, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-03-2016 05:10 AM
    I've seen TVs since they were black and white and an extra piece of furniture... so it's not that big of a deal. My mum had a tube TV up until a couple of years ago. She was just used to them and so long as it worked she was happy.

I also saw one of the first LCD TVs before they were even being produced.

I don't miss the big bulky TV to be honest. I like the fact I can mount it on the wall, which in the small houses of the UK helps with space. I do recall the early plasma TVs and how heavy they were, need reinforced walls to hold them up!

Ah technology. We're still so far away compared to where I thought it would be... oh well.
    Your 2016 was Back To The Future like? :D
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2016 11:02 AM
    Stupid ISP folks reseted all my account info, so everything went back to 2010 setup, they weren't even polite enough to give my mom the account details. Poor woman had to wait till I get back from school to get things the way they were.

I'm just waiting till this new provider comes to my area. They're both cheaper and much better when it comes to speeds, not to mention ping.
    Laura Knotek and sinime like this.
    10-03-2016 11:05 AM
    Your 2016 was Back To The Future like? :D
    The problem with some technology is that it's totally based on making as much money as possible based on incremental changes. People think I'm referring to Apple here but it's happened in many fields, not just smartphones.
    Laura Knotek and Azensun like this.
    10-03-2016 11:18 AM
    PSA for those of you in California...

Sent from mTalk
    10-03-2016 02:02 PM
    We are stuck at 47", TV is 8 years old and it hopefully works until prices of OLED TVs fall.
    N_LaRUE and Ed Boland like this.
    10-03-2016 02:16 PM
    We are stuck at 47", TV is 8 years old and it hopefully works until prices of OLED TVs fall.
    Same here. Mine is 42" and 9 years old. I have been bugging the Mrs. to let me get a 60" 4K version but no luck yet...
    N_LaRUE, MSFTisMIA and Ed Boland like this.
    10-03-2016 03:02 PM
    Same here. Mine is 42" and 9 years old. I have been bugging the Mrs. to let me get a 60" 4K version but no luck yet...
    Drool. Why limit yourself to just 60"? Go for broke and 75" !!!

I'm no help, am I?
    Laura Knotek and Ed Boland like this.
    10-03-2016 03:24 PM
    I'm still holding onto our plasmas for dear life. Nothing compares to them! I'll cry when they die.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2016 03:25 PM
    Drool. Why limit yourself to just 60"? Go for broke and 75" !!!

I'm no help, am I?
    It won't fit in the area that I have for the TV
    10-03-2016 03:50 PM
    It won't fit in the area that I have for the TV
    Sure it will, you can always duck under it or squeeze around it
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2016 04:20 PM
    A "friend" (a guy I know from the internet since 2010, or something like that, we used to do gaming together), just sent me a video of him and his band playing. They're doing death/agressive metal/core, nu metal, I don't know, mixture of everything, and I have to say that it really looked good. The sound system is pure disaster, but you can see potential. That's my opinion though. I can re-post the video here if anyone's interested, but you need to know they're all my generation, not older than '96.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2016 04:26 PM
    A "friend" (a guy I know from the internet since 2010, or something like that, we used to do gaming together), just sent me a video of him and his band playing. They're doing death/agressive metal/core, nu metal, I don't know, mixture of everything, and I have to say that it really looked good. The sound system is pure disaster, but you can see potential. That's my opinion though. I can re-post the video here if anyone's interested, but you need to know they're all my generation, not older than '96.
    I'd be interested in checking out their music.
    Rose640 likes this.
    10-03-2016 04:42 PM
    I'd be interested in checking out their music.
    Here you go, it's really atrocious quality.

https://www.facebook.com/TheAnarchis...8308174986957/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2016 04:50 PM
    Sure it will, you can always duck under it or squeeze around it
    Nope, tried that out and then finally settled on the screen size :-)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-2016 05:29 PM
    Some monkey business in Prisma.

10-03-2016 06:28 PM
    Mini-review...

So I've been using the Moto 360 Sport for over a week. I liked all the Android wear watches I've used so far (LG G Watch, LG G Watch R, Sony Smartwatch 3, Moto 360, Moto 360 Sport). I picked up the Sport because I was concerned about the wear and tear of my 360 as it developed some cracks in the back from an accidental drop during a watchband swap. So I wanted something round, cheap and relatively durable. Based on what I was willing to spend, based on the deal I was getting, I reviewed the 360 42mm and the Sport.

Now having used the Sport, I really liked the screen. It is a much improved version of what I was using on the Sony Smartwatch 3. It has similar viewing angles outdoors and is much better color reproduction indoors than the Sony. While the 360 indoors is nicer to look at in my eyes, the Sport's slightly colder looking screen is something I like. The overall performance hasn't been different from what I got with S400 chips in the LG watches. The battery life has been pretty much as expected so far...the slightly smaller battery than the 360 leads to similar style performance of a day and a half between charges. I could get two days per charge, but since I'm doing much more walking and the HR monitor kicks in more frequently, that won't happen.

I think my biggest gripe with this watch is the quality of the silicone used in the design. Now, don't get me wrong - the silicone is comfortable - but there are some serious durability questions. It is a lint magnet - the white might be the best at hiding those. The reason why I question the durability is that I've been reading stuff online about the bootloops as the spots where breaks in the band is most likely to occur. If I don't focus on what the online folks have said, I can see where the band doesn't feel like it will hold up. If I compare it to the Sony Smartband, the Sony's color reproduction is better, and the material feels more durable. Moto's work here looks a little toyish and cheaper in terms of the shade of orange they chose. Even though the Sony Smartwatch has a similar sort of lint issue, that band still feels more durable than the Sport. My guess is that since Sony designed both to have removable cores, the durability is much higher. And Moto didn't do folks no favors making the band non-removable.

All in all, I've got mixed feelings about the watch. I love the screen, love the performance. And for the price I paid for the watch, I'm fine with the durability concerns. But to pay the full asking price for this watch, I wouldn't do. I'd be more inclined to buy the 360 42mm version and sacrifice a more versatile screen for better durability.

I still plan to keep it though.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 10-04-2016 at 12:26 AM.
    10-03-2016 10:28 PM
    While not the best pictures, this is my current set up.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    Attached Thumbnails 208159.jpg  
    10-03-2016 10:35 PM
145,211 ... 51595160516151625163 ...