At least it ain't dull living, right? Lol.

Approved by Z3 Tablet Compact!
    I think the world could use a little boredom, at least for a good century or two... so long as we progressed though...

However, going by the state of things, we'd only deteriorate and go retrograde. De-evolve... :P
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-04-2016 09:16 AM
    Well if what they are doing in UK is a template then I know what type of millions of jobs DT is going to create.

Fruit pickers and brick layers (to build that Wall)!
    The only way I'd work for Trump if he can teach me how to dodge paying taxes...

N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-04-2016 09:39 AM
    I think the world could use a little boredom, at least for a good century or two... so long as we progressed though...

However, going by the state of things, we'd only deteriorate and go retrograde. De-evolve... :P
    Well, that's the not so fun part...not much will change but will really get worse...

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-04-2016 09:40 AM
    Well, that's the not so fun part...not much will change but will really get worse...

How to tell I'm an 80s child. Apocalyptic thinking. :P
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-04-2016 10:01 AM
    The only way I'd work for Trump if he can teach me how to dodge paying taxes...

Easy become a real estate developer. The trick is everyone who agrees to lay bricks to help build the wall will be called a real estate developer under the new IRS guidelines when DT is in the Oval Office ergo you get to dodge paying taxes from then onwards...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-04-2016 10:18 AM

With the declining population of some Western countries and Japan, they need people to use the bedroom more and let go of this boredom you are talking about, he, he....
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    10-04-2016 10:20 AM

... and thus begins the zombie apocalypse.
    10-04-2016 02:51 PM
    With the declining population of some Western countries and Japan, they need people to use the bedroom more and let go of this boredom you are talking about, he, he....
    Kids are easy to make but not as easy to raise...

N_LaRUE, sinime and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-04-2016 03:36 PM
    Man, those Pixels are pricey!

N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-04-2016 03:48 PM
    Man, those Pixels are pricey!

Pricey and a bit ugly to boot.

Look wise is take the Sony XZ over it any day.

However it appears the camera is pretty decent on the Pixel.

I'm still at a loss what to get so far....

I can wait though.
    10-04-2016 04:12 PM
    Kids are easy to make but not as easy to raise...

They're fun to make with the right person and a pain to raise with the wrong person...

We don't need more humans on the planet. Our footprint of too large as it is.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-04-2016 04:13 PM
    So, the Nexus line is dead.

The Nexus One is still my all time favorite. I was tempted to suck it up and get a 6P, but I'm guessing that Google will most likely keep the Nexus line bare bones and not port over any of the Pixel dust in terms of their software enhancements. It's a pity as I wished that we could still get a Nexus phone as a reference device, but perhaps that's no longer necessary...

10-04-2016 05:52 PM
    They're fun to make with the right person and a pain to raise with the wrong person...

We don't need more humans on the planet. Our footprint of too large as it is.
    And for some people, the same person that the kid was fun to make with became a nightmare to raise with...

Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    10-04-2016 05:53 PM
    Pricey and a bit ugly to boot.

Look wise is take the Sony XZ over it any day.

However it appears the camera is pretty decent on the Pixel.

I'm still at a loss what to get so far....

I can wait though.
    All I'd want at this point is a V20. I'm a very, very long way from being able to get one, so Robin will have to do. I could try to swing for a HTC 10, Honor 8 or G5, but at this point, I'm sticking with Robin.

Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    10-04-2016 05:55 PM
    I see it got slow around ensure. Maybe I should spam it up for a few posts...

10-04-2016 09:05 PM
    People are knocking Google for the price of the Pixels. Well, they've done this sort of pricing before with the Nexus 6 and the Nexus One. I know that this is different, so the price doesn't matter to me (especially since I'm not buying it). Google is making a big push to take a more OEM style stance. So I guess you get what you pay for now...

N_LaRUE, Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    10-04-2016 09:07 PM
    Pretty interesting that as soon as the Pixels were launched, the 5X and 6P were immediately discontinued. I did like the 6P and would be interested in it if I liked the larger devices as I once did. Good build, nice speakers, solid battery life and good camera. A fine way to end the Nexus line indeed...

10-04-2016 09:09 PM
    Meanwhile in Windows land, 950s are few and fast between...same as the Band 2. It is pretty interesting to see the transformation of MSFT to their enterprise focus. I did enjoy the 950 XL, so it is sad to see them go.

I mean, lots of good phone are getting killed off due to ultra competitive sales. I'm glad on the one hand that the competition is better as we have more quality equipment to choose from...but in the other hand, it makes picking a handset more challenging since there is a shift on focusing on better software support. It just means that there's a sense of sticking with the known quantities like Samsung and Apple.

It's a shame, really...

10-04-2016 09:16 PM
    I still wish that some of the older hardware would get better support. I know I REALLY enjoy my Z3 Tablet Compact, but devices like these could benefit from better software support. It's sad that OEMs are in a position where moving physical units is where the money is at...i think they'd be better served (especially smaller companies) to stick to the two year cycle of support.

N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-04-2016 09:20 PM
    So I was reading something where Huawei was still having trouble with the US market. I started to laugh because the implication was that Huawei wanted their devices on Verizon but since Google didn't secure the 6P last year for the US carriers, Huawei decided not to be the ODM for the Pixel line this year. In doing so, they missed out getting a device on Verizon.

People in the US are fickle. Even Samsung took a few years to get their brand as strong as it is now. As much as this has been written, the hardware has been getting very good by these Chinese OEMs...the software was the hurdle. Still, it was nice to see Honor having a stand in Best Buy and seeing those annoying banned ads online. It was also nice to see ZTE have a stand in Best Buy too. Always nice to try the phones in person before buying them...

N_LaRUE likes this.
    10-04-2016 09:26 PM
    So I was reading something where Huawei was still having trouble with the US market. I started to laugh because the implication was that Huawei wanted their devices on Verizon but since Google didn't secure the 6P last year for the US carriers, Huawei decided not to be the ODM for the Pixel line this year. In doing so, they missed out getting a device on Verizon.

People in the US are fickle. Even Samsung took a few years to get their brand as strong as it is now. As much as this has been written, the hardware has been getting very good by these Chinese OEMs...the software was the hurdle. Still, it was nice to see Honor having a stand in Best Buy and seeing those annoying banned ads online. It was also nice to see ZTE have a stand in Best Buy too. Always nice to try the phones in person before buying them...

Case in point with the software: Xiaomi. MIUI was forgettable in its origins, but it was still a pretty capable skin. Now, the difference between MIUI 7 and 8 are serious. Truth be told, Google's material design language is a lot more visible to more people than people recognize (in my opinion). So when Xiaomi took a more material design look to MIUI 8, it gave it a more cleaner and more palatable look. For me, EMUI 4.1 and MIUI 7 were in the same vein. MIUI 8 is miles better than EMUI 4.1. So it remains to be seen how well Huawei can modernize the look in EMUI 5. At the end of the day, people want whats familiar to them. As much as some knock TouchWiz, Samsung has cleaned it up to a point where while still feature packed, it is has this "it just works" type feel to it...

10-04-2016 09:38 PM
    All I'd want at this point is a V20. I'm a very, very long way from being able to get one, so Robin will have to do. I could try to swing for a HTC 10, Honor 8 or G5, but at this point, I'm sticking with Robin.

At this point you should start clamoring for devices with Snapdragon 830, 6GB RAM and awesome cameras that will be released in 2017.
    10-04-2016 09:39 PM
    I see it got slow around ensure. Maybe I should spam it up for a few posts...

You were quite successful in emulating Sahib there.
    10-04-2016 09:39 PM
    Pretty interesting that as soon as the Pixels were launched, the 5X and 6P were immediately discontinued. I did like the 6P and would be interested in it if I liked the larger devices as I once did. Good build, nice speakers, solid battery life and good camera. A fine way to end the Nexus line indeed...

There should be a glut on eBay of these brand new and they are both decent devices.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    10-04-2016 09:40 PM
    At this point you should start clamoring for devices with Snapdragon 830, 6GB RAM and awesome cameras that will be released in 2017.
    Most of which will lack a headphone jack, so I'll pass. Let me be cheap and enjoy good DACs in 2016...

10-04-2016 10:02 PM
143,613 ... 51615162516351645165 ...