I see you're talking about the xmas music. I don't mind it at all, as a matter fact I enjoy it, since it somehow gives me the "real feeling" of winter. I understand that's the product of marketing I've been exposed to since I was just a kid, but I still like it. As long as they don't become to aggresive and eventuallu annoying, I'm more than okay with it.
    When you're stuck working in a place for several hours and hear nothing but repeat xmas songs you start to dislike the stuff. Remembering of course that the music starts showing up in November and if you're working quite a bit then you hear the same songs over and over again. Add in several years of that.

Occasional song is fine, but I can't handle being in shops around xmas.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-03-2016 02:49 AM
    All languages are complicated if you don't know them. To an English speaker, English is easy. To a non speaker English makes very little sense and the grammatical structure is messy.
    I grew up with English, so it was never a problem to me. The thing I'm talking about is that we have word grading, don't know what's jt really called :D, then the verbs also change depending of the speaker.

I think almost every language is harder than English. Except Italia maybe.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-2016 06:35 AM
    When you're stuck working in a place for several hours and hear nothing but repeat xmas songs you start to dislike the stuff. Remembering of course that the music starts showing up in November and if you're working quite a bit then you hear the same songs over and over again. Add in several years of that.

Well I'd definitely hate that. And why since November? Two months earlier.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-2016 06:37 AM
    I have a pair of MPOW brand new ones sitting on the shelf collecting dust. I think shipping might be more than $20 to Bosnia though. You can have them if you want as long as you cover shipping :-)
    Thanks, but the shipping is ~33$ for 0.028kg, that's just sick.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-2016 06:44 AM
    I grew up with English, so it was never a problem to me. The thing I'm talking about is that we have word grading, don't know what's jt really called :D, then the verbs also change depending of the speaker.

I think almost every language is harder than English. Except Italia maybe.
    Italian, French and Spanish all derive from Latin. They share similar grammar and words.

English is a mix of Latin and Germanic along with some other bits thrown in for confusion. Which is why English is messy.

Most Eastern EU countries are a mix of Germanic, Slavic, Russian and Urlaic languages.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-03-2016 07:07 AM
    Well I'd definitely hate that. And why since November? Two months earlier.
    Unlike the US, most other English speaking countries don't have Thanksgiving so once Halloween is done it's all in on Xmas.

A lot of the decorations for Xmas is already out prior to Halloween but the whole thing finally kicks off in earnest once it's done. The endless TV commercials, music, movies all start up. The next month and half will be very tiring.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-2016 07:11 AM
    Italian, French and Spanish all derive from Latin. They share similar grammar and words.

English is a mix of Latin and Germanic along with some other bits thrown in for confusion. Which is why English is messy.

Most Eastern EU countries are a mix of Germanic, Slavic, Russian and Urlaic languages.
    Well Russian is Slavic, so saying there's Rusian in other Slavic languages is kind of wrong, sice our words are fairly similar.

And yes, there's so many German words we use, some of them literally irreplacable. We also have tons of Turkish, and a snakk amount of Arabic words, consenquence of being a slave for 509 years :D.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-2016 12:18 PM
    Unlike the US, most other English speaking countries don't have Thanksgiving so once Halloween is done it's all in on Xmas.

A lot of the decorations for Xmas is already out prior to Halloween but the whole thing finally kicks off in earnest once it's done. The endless TV commercials, music, movies all start up. The next month and half will be very tiring.
    Interesting. They don't do it until at least two weeks before the xmas and a New Year.

The only thing that truly drives me crazy is endless amount of calendars we get as a gift here.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-2016 12:22 PM
    11-03-2016 12:50 PM
    Sahib gets a salary increase and this thread became silent...
    I did :) and I. Still here I just get home tired :p
    11-03-2016 01:40 PM
    So now we are never getting to 150K in the next yearπŸ˜€
    Nope we will reach it :p I Just have to pad ....alot
    11-03-2016 01:41 PM
    You missed the update.
    One of these days I will have to post a picture of me and her :p
    11-03-2016 01:42 PM
    Looks like the thread is nudging along a bit finally without Sahib and MSFTisMIA.
    I am going to be scarce for the next few hours. Stuck in meetings with some really big honchos!
    Where is Mia though ? I haven't see. Him post in a while
    11-03-2016 01:42 PM

I already hate my music where i work. It's bothersome:/
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-03-2016 01:43 PM
    Nope we will reach it :p I Just have to pad ....alot
    Go and pad the Samsung girl than this thread!
    11-03-2016 02:41 PM
    One of these days I will have to post a picture of me and her :p
    Better make sure she is wearing a nice smartwatch in that picture!
    11-03-2016 02:42 PM
    Where is Mia though ? I haven't see. Him post in a while
    He is MIA!
    11-03-2016 02:43 PM
    Nearly Friday guys!
    11-03-2016 06:17 PM
    He is MIA!
    I left him a voicemail but no response...
    sahib lopez and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-03-2016 07:27 PM
    Nearly Friday guys!
    I'm so swamped with work it's not funny.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-2016 07:28 PM
    Go and pad the Samsung girl than this thread!
    I don't see that in the cards as of now πŸ˜€
    11-03-2016 10:00 PM
    Better make sure she is wearing a nice smartwatch in that picture!
    She doesn't like watches. She says they are ugly 😐
    11-03-2016 10:01 PM
    I left him a voicemail but no response...
    Hopefully he didn't pull a chegru :/
    11-03-2016 10:02 PM
    I'm so swamped with work it's not funny.
    It's almost the weekend though πŸ˜€ just another 24 hours
    11-03-2016 10:02 PM
    I don't see that in the cards as of now
    Dang it!
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    11-03-2016 10:03 PM
142,796 ... 51825183518451855186 ...