Speaking of phones, I just read a tech resolution here about someone sticking with one phone for more than a month. I can't say that would be a resolution of mine for sure but that could be interesting to try, but let's go with a month first. Now I should consider what phone I want to try this with...but I think I already know.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    01-02-2017 08:37 PM
    Back to work... yay....
    Rose640, libra89, Muessig and 1 others like this.
    01-03-2017 02:20 AM
    So, what would you do if you didn't have to go back to work? That sounds like a good thread to start!
    "What would you do if you didn't have to go back to work"
    Did you start it??? I'll gladly contribute. :P
    Muessig and sahib lopez like this.
    01-03-2017 02:53 AM
    Did you start it??? I'll gladly contribute. :P
    I would have maybe a post or two and that's it because I would be officially retired 😀
    Rose640, N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    01-03-2017 05:04 AM
    It can always get worse...
    And I thought I was a pessimist.
    01-03-2017 05:36 AM
    And I thought I was a pessimist.
    More like reality. The supervisor he had is rather common. There are worse, way worse.

Also, knowing what you don't want is a good way of avoiding it.

Thing to note to the young ones here. Asking questions in an interview is a very good idea. It's always important to get an idea of the company and the people you're working with.

I know when you're young you only want a job but you should always think about your next step. Don't get caught up in working somewhere just because.
    libra89, MSFTisMIA and Rose640 like this.
    01-03-2017 07:08 AM
    I would have maybe a post or two and that's it because I would be officially retired
    I don't really want to 'retire' as such.
    01-03-2017 07:09 AM
    More like reality. The supervisor he had is rather common. There are worse, way worse.

Thing to note to the young ones here. Asking questions in an interview is a very good idea. It's always important to get an idea of the company and the people you're working with.

I know when you're young you only want a job but you should always think about your next step. Don't get caught up in working somewhere just because.
    Noted, thanks for the wisdom! I will remember that for the next location. I don't plan to be where I am forever but I don't see any of the staff leaving all of a sudden. It's my first one and I'm so thankful but there's nowhere to climb here aside from what I have been promoted to, which was the reason why I just finished my probation a few weeks back.
    Rose640 likes this.
    01-03-2017 07:21 AM
    I don't really want to 'retire' as such.
    I concur but for some reason think posting on a thread wouldn't be on the cards...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-03-2017 09:42 AM
    It's been one major bummer after another. I agree that 2016 cannot end fast enough for me. What a rotten year in more than one respect.
    I was 3, so I'm not sure I saw it at the theater, but my dad had recorded it, I think off a channel called "Showbiz" which hasn't been around in probably 30 years. I think I wore the VHS tape out... In fact I have a vague memory of my dad being upset when he got home from work and I was watching Star Wars off the VHS tape, but it was showing on TV. I guess VHS was expensive at the time and I was needlessly wearing it out
    01-03-2017 10:38 AM

I get you, I'm not a shy person when it comes to bussines, so that shouldn't be a problem in the future.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-03-2017 03:33 PM
    I'm leaving this birthday party soon. It's been nice, really nice. Didn't drink any alcohol but still had fun.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-03-2017 03:35 PM
    Oh, and I've started writing for a blog of some sort, tech related. I'llbe writing about windows apps to be precise, nothing special, just to have something to waste time on.
    I'd share the site here but it's in Bosnian, so no point there.
    Last edited by Rose640; 01-03-2017 at 05:03 PM.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-03-2017 03:36 PM
    Oh, and I've started writing for a blog of some sort, tech related. I'llbe writing about windows apps to be precise, nothing special, just to have something to waste time on.
    Good luck on your new blog. 😊
    libra89 and Rose640 like this.
    01-03-2017 09:23 PM
    Good luck on your new blog. 😊
    Thank you Laura.
    01-04-2017 05:16 AM
    Sounds like that would be an interesting blog idea, good luck!
    Rose640 likes this.
    01-04-2017 07:34 AM
    Back to work... yay....
    And today I am joining you. It was nice though. Hopefully you had a nice break as well.
    01-04-2017 07:35 AM
    Sounds like that would be an interesting blog idea, good luck!
    Thanks. It is interesting, I just hope I don't get bored with it quickly, as I tend to with any other stuff.
    libra89 likes this.
    01-04-2017 07:59 AM
    And today I am joining you. It was nice though. Hopefully you had a nice break as well.
    If a nice break is not doing much, then yes I had a good break. :P

Hopefully your's was OK?
    libra89 and Rose640 like this.
    01-04-2017 09:33 AM
    I get you, I'm not a shy person when it comes to bussines, so that shouldn't be a problem in the future.
    When I read that it sounded like you were planing on wheeling an dealing. :P

I'm not sure where you plan to work in the future but all countries are different in their work culture and within each company they are different as well. Some companies can feel very stifling working at them. Not a nice environment at all.

So it's good to know what you're getting into. Research the company and ask questions at interviews. Determine if it works for you as well as you working for them. Interviews are a two way street. If you're desperate, sure, take any job, but don't get trapped in the BS.

That's all I was getting at.
    Rose640 likes this.
    01-04-2017 09:38 AM
    If a nice break is not doing much, then yes I had a good break. :P

Hopefully your's was OK?
    Haha, it's whatever you wanted it to be. That's good!
    Mine was good, it was a struggle waking up early again today.
    01-04-2017 09:50 AM
    Haha, it's whatever you wanted it to be. That's good!
    Mine was good, it was a struggle waking up early again today.
    Well I wanted it to be a trip to somewhere in the sun but the cost of travel around Xmas is extortionate.

I didn't sleep well Monday night.
    01-04-2017 10:11 AM
    Well I wanted it to be a trip to somewhere in the sun but the cost of travel around Xmas is extortionate.

I didn't sleep well Monday night.
    Ohh okay.

Yeah that's not a pleasant way to start things. I hope that it'll get better for you. Weird that you say that, I didn't either but that goes for last night.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-04-2017 10:17 AM
    Ohh okay.

Yeah that's not a pleasant way to start things. I hope that it'll get better for you. Weird that you say that, I didn't either but that goes for last night.
    Well to be honest I should correct that. We were hoping to see family (in Europe) at Xmas or go somewhere sunny (i.e. South of France).

To see family the tickets were about 4X the typical return ticket price. South of France was about 3X.

We also would have needed a car for either place and accommodation for the South of France.

So that's why we didn't go. Prices were just crazy.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-04-2017 10:32 AM
    Back at work since yesterday. It is a bit crazy. Car had some trouble so I had to sort that out yesterday. Luckily it was only the radiator cap. Have too much else going on at work though. Reviews, supplier issues, scheduling training sessions, on and on the list goes...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-04-2017 01:02 PM
143,631 ... 52195220522152225223 ...