Australians love their sport. More than probably any other country I've been to. There is no real distinction in that way when it comes to things like that. There are more like rural areas vs cities.

Melbourne likes it's Aussie Rules football whereas most other cities are not so fussed. For other's it's Rugby in the colder months and cricket in the warmer months. Then there's the Olympic sports which Australia seems to go nutty for.

I'm not a sports person so it wasn't my thing. I'm more the foodie.

The other thing you'll find is Aussies like to drink, a lot. They tend to be friendly but don't go thinking it's a 'safe' place. Lots of things happen in Australia that don't get advertised too much and it's just like travelling anywhere else.
    Wow, I have heard that sport is really serious there. That's really interesting.

Ah okay. Good to know. Eh, that might be awkward for me since I don't drink at all. Knowledge is power, thanks for sharing all of this.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-05-2017 11:16 AM
    Wow, I have heard that sport is really serious there. That's really interesting.

Ah okay. Good to know. Eh, that might be awkward for me since I don't drink at all. Knowledge is power, thanks for sharing all of this.
    My wife and I don't really drink either so it tends to be difficult fitting into countries that have a heavy drinking culture.

My wife misses the Aussie humour and the general warmness of Australians. The Brits are not the friendliest people in the world regardless how they seem.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 01-06-2017 at 05:00 AM.
    01-05-2017 11:21 AM

OK last bit of knowledge. In Australia there tends to be a bit of competitiveness between states and cities. Australia was very much a divided country for a long while. The states never really bothered with each other much in the past.

So you'll often find a lot joking about the other places, sometimes seeming insulting but all in good humour for the most part. It's part of the Australian 'taking the p*ss' out of each other and themselves. It's one of the more endearing things about Australians.
    01-05-2017 11:41 AM
    That's a driver issue. You either have a bad driver installation, no driver or the card/chip is toast.
    Drivers are up to date. That would mean the card is dead? Oh come on. That's exactly what I needed right now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-05-2017 01:01 PM
    Drivers are up to date. That would mean the card is dead? Oh come on. That's exactly what I needed right now.
    Did you try uninstalling the driver and installing it again? Fresh download?
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    01-05-2017 01:11 PM
    Wow, I bet. I still want to go visit there though, so much.
    Do yourself a favour libra89 and visit Tasmania. Best fresh food; best wines, beers and spirits; exciting food and arts scene; MONA; cleanest air in all of Australia; lush temperate rainforests; epic and ancient landscapes; some of the world's best national parks and walking tracks... have the whole island to yourself (and 500,000 other people). Preferably come in the glorious southern summer.

Don't take my word for it, go and check it out for yourself! :)

Some websites to whet your wanderlust:
    Discover Tasmania
    Lonely Planet
    Trip Advisor
    Last edited by mc_razza; 01-05-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    01-05-2017 09:45 PM
    Do yourself a favour libra89 and visit Tasmania. Best fresh food; best wines, beers and spirits; exciting food and arts scene; MONA; cleanest air in all of Australia; lush temperate rainforests; epic and ancient landscapes; some of the world's best national parks and walking tracks... have the whole island to yourself (and 500,000 other people). Preferably come in the glorious southern summer.

Don't take my word for it, go and check it out for yourself! :)

Some websites to whet your wanderlust:
    Discover Tasmania
    Lonely Planet
    Trip Advisor
    Never made it to Tasmania. It always seemed out of the way and a bit expensive to get to all the time. I would love to visit it though.

There are lots of wonderful places in Australia. Depends what you're after at the end of the day.

I really enjoyed northern Queensland when I lived there. Regardless of the humidity. There are coffee plantations up there and I love coffee.

Also the scenery was just stunning.
    mc_razza, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-06-2017 05:05 AM
    Did you try uninstalling the driver and installing it again? Fresh download?
    No, I will try it later. But I got the blue screen the other day, so, it's probably either dead or dying.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-06-2017 06:21 AM
    There were some interesting things announced at CES so far. I really liked that Dell's XPS 13 2 in One. It looks like something I'd really make a use of at a collegr, but it's a bit pricey though.
    01-06-2017 06:28 AM
    Yeah, plenty of amazing gadgets and new technologies. The 2017 XPS 13 2-in-1 looks great. And I like 2017's lineup of 4K displays from Sony, Samsung and LG. I'm not sure whether to buy last year's TVs at a reduced price now or wait till when they release the models announced at CES in the middle of the year.

There are a few mobile devices that were announced at or before CES but the one that's caught my eye is, surprisingly, the Alcatel A3 XL.

I'd pick one up as a basic introductory device to the Android platform or as a backup phone. Too bad the price converts to AU$277 (US$200), which means it'll probably be priced at $299 when it comes to Australia. That's expensive for an entry-level android device with a 1.1Ghz processor and 1GB memory in 2017.
    Rose640, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-06-2017 08:24 AM
    Yeah, plenty of amazing gadgets and new technologies. The 2017 XPS 13 2-in-1 looks great. And I like 2017's lineup of 4K displays from Sony, Samsung and LG. I'm not sure whether to buy last year's TVs at a reduced price now or wait till when they release the models announced at CES in the middle of the year.

There are a few mobile devices that were announced at or before CES but the one that's caught my eye is, surprisingly, the Alcatel A3 XL.

I'd pick one up as a basic introductory device to the Android platform or as a backup phone. Too bad the price converts to AU$277 (US$200), which means it'll probably be priced at $299 when it comes to Australia. That's expensive for an entry-level android device with a 1.1Ghz processor and 1GB memory in 2017.
    Welcome to Bosnian pricing, I payed my L640 320KM (BAM). Average salary here is around 800BAM (that's the average salary, which includes our politician's wages which go up to 5000 KM). So yeah, you're not alone.
    That new HP's phone costs almost 1800KM.
    01-06-2017 08:42 AM
    Welcome to Bosnian pricing, I payed my L640 320KM (BAM). Average salary here is around 800BAM (that's the average salary, which includes our politician's wages which go up to 5000 KM). So yeah, you're not alone.
    That new HP's phone costs almost 1800KM.
    Phones are the same price(roughly) everywhere but the difference is the avg. wage is not the same.
    Rose640, Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-06-2017 10:04 AM
    Also hello everyone, I'm testdriving Huawei Mate 9 so if anyone interested in anything let me know :D
    01-06-2017 10:05 AM
    Also hello everyone, I'm testdriving Huawei Mate 9 so if anyone interested in anything let me know :D
    Which color? How are you liking it? Does it feel as big as it looks?
    Laura Knotek and Sport Driver like this.
    01-06-2017 10:47 AM
    Which color? How are you liking it? Does it feel as big as it looks?
    It's Space grey and so far it is great, I love it. About the size, for the screen size it is great, very manageable in hand amd not at all to big for my taste.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-06-2017 02:26 PM
    Weekend everyone! Woo! Time for a bit of a rest.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-07-2017 02:42 AM
    It's really cold here. This is in °C.
    libra89, Muessig and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-07-2017 08:57 AM
    It's really cold here. This is in °C. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017...ed07f23df9.jpg
    Would you like to try 23°C at 1:21am in Hobart, Australia? lol
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-07-2017 09:32 AM
    It's really cold here. This is in °C.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017...ed07f23df9.jpg
    It's about the same temperature here, no sun at all. My fingers get frozen after spending as few as 10 minutes outside.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-07-2017 10:39 AM
    Would you like to try 23°C at 1:21am in Hobart, Australia? lol
    https://i.imgsafe.org/0fb1165097.png
    Sure, I'd love to trade! 😊
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-07-2017 04:14 PM
    It's raining here and I am happy about that!
    01-07-2017 11:02 PM
    It's raining here and I am happy about that!
    Whenever I'm going back home from school, and it's raining, I put this song on a loop and just enjoy.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2017 10:24 AM
    Australians love their sport. More than probably any other country I've been to. There is no real distinction in that way when it comes to things like that. There are more like rural areas vs cities.

Melbourne likes it's Aussie Rules football whereas most other cities are not so fussed. For other's it's Rugby in the colder months and cricket in the warmer months. Then there's the Olympic sports which Australia seems to go nutty for.

I'm not a sports person so it wasn't my thing. I'm more the foodie.

The other thing you'll find is Aussies like to drink, a lot. They tend to be friendly but don't go thinking it's a 'safe' place. Lots of things happen in Australia that don't get advertised too much and it's just like travelling anywhere else.
    They're more into sport than Brits? Is that even possible :D
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-08-2017 10:26 AM
    Just recovered from a disastrous outbreak of flu. A lot of it going around. Hope everyone had a sound New Year!
    01-08-2017 03:29 PM
    They're more into sport than Brits? Is that even possible :D
    Yes they're way more into sports than the Brits from my personal opinion.

The big game here is football. Like Europe in general. In Australia it's rugby followed by cricket typically.

It's a bit hard to explain the differences. Like any country though you have the hard cores fans and then there's the wannabes.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-08-2017 04:34 PM
145,809 ... 52215222522352245225 ...