Black Friday is almost here!

Get the inside track on all the best deals.

Snowing has started but at least I'm already home :)
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-13-2017 09:38 AM
    That's cool! Are her two degrees related?

I will be doing the in person classes for sure, provided that I get in. I believe that I will but still.
    More or less.

She has a bachelors with majors in counseling and humanities with a minor in sociology. Her masters is in career development.

She has lots of other training as well and is registered with professional bodies.

She takes her work very seriously. Most of her clients appreciate that but there are some who it's lost on and with different expectations of what they signed up to, even though my wife explains it as thoroughly as she can.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-15-2017 08:27 AM
    Well this thread has been dead for a bit....
    01-15-2017 08:27 AM
    I need to do some serious work on my dedication. I said I won't drink last night, well, I went far beyond few drinks. Now I've got that stupid headache and another wasted day.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-15-2017 09:00 AM
    Do you mind elaborating about your wedding a little? I'm getting married in the middle of the year, your experience could help my own...
    On the wedding day - Stay hydrated! Make sure you get your fluids in and eat, as you'll be exhausted at the end of the day (advice from others who have gotten married they shared with me).
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-15-2017 11:49 AM
    Well this thread has been dead for a bit....
    That's Sahib's fault...
    sahib lopez likes this.
    01-15-2017 11:50 AM
    That's Sahib's fault...
    Speaking of him, I wonder how he is...

He wasn't in a good place the last time he was here.
    libra89 and sahib lopez like this.
    01-15-2017 01:18 PM
    More or less.

She has a bachelors with majors in counseling and humanities with a minor in sociology. Her masters is in career development.

She has lots of other training as well and is registered with professional bodies.

She takes her work very seriously. Most of her clients appreciate that but there are some who it's lost on and with different expectations of what they signed up to, even though my wife explains it as thoroughly as she can.
    Awesome, sounds like a great combo!
    01-15-2017 01:26 PM
    Today is my dad's birthday. So glad that it isn't a big one.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    01-15-2017 01:27 PM
    I see Americans are protesting against Trump. Well, that is democracy and he is your president, you don't get to choose to accept it or not. You missed that one in November.
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    01-15-2017 02:02 PM
    I see Americans are protesting against Trump. Well, that is democracy and he is your president, you don't get to choose to accept it or not. You missed that one in November.
    Thanks for rubbing it in!
    01-15-2017 04:11 PM
    Kind of into school bus conversions at the moment. Anyone else here find them interesting or is it just me?

I don't think I would live in one but so fascinating and some are really good, like this one

01-15-2017 08:12 PM
    Kind of into school bus conversions at the moment. Anyone else here find them interesting or is it just me?

I don't think I would live in one but so fascinating and some are really good, like this one

That is interesting.

It reminds me a bit of railway tenements.
    holdum333, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    01-15-2017 10:42 PM
    Not to bore anyone with what's going on here in the UK...

Tomorrow our illustrious leader will finally give details on their exit plan from the EU. I expect a lot fluff with the details hidden in it.

It's not looking like a good day for the UK tomorrow.... nope.
    01-16-2017 04:39 AM
    It's not looking like a good day for the US this Friday either with the Orange Toad's inauguration.

The lunatics are running the asylum. God help the world.
    01-16-2017 06:22 AM
    Yeah, it's quite evident that the orange toad is allowing the Republican party to steer his presidency and our country towards tribal fear and division, anti logic and reason, and questionable trade policies. In other words, back to the 1980s. :( I guess the only thing different is potential Russian relations. But, I'm not so sure that the fact that Trump has a massive man-crush on Putin is a good thing.
    I'm assuming that Britain is heading in that general direction, as well???
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    01-16-2017 06:47 AM
    It's not looking like a good day for the US this Friday either with the Orange Toad's inauguration.

The lunatics are running the asylum. God help the world.
    Our government wants to get in bed with the US.... says it all doesn't it?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-16-2017 06:48 AM
    Yeah, it's quite evident that the orange toad is allowing the Republican party to steer his presidency and our country towards tribal fear and division, anti logic and reason, and questionable trade policies. In other words, back to the 1980s. :( I guess the only thing different is potential Russian relations. But, I'm not so sure that the fact that Trump has a massive man-crush on Putin is a good thing.
    I'm assuming that Britain is heading in that general direction, as well???
    Sounds like Britain except for the Russia part but then, they may change their tune once we're out of EU and the USA's lap dog.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-16-2017 06:49 AM
    I recently watched the CNN documentary called The Eighties. The parallels of what was going on then and what is starting to happen now is pretty interesting. Worth a watch of you have Netflix.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-16-2017 07:47 AM
    I recently watched the CNN documentary called The Eighties. The parallels of what was going on then and what is starting to happen now is pretty interesting. Worth a watch of you have Netflix.
    The problem is that Netflix is regional locked, or it was the last time I used it. However, I have other means at my disposal. :D

Weirdly, I don't recall things being this bad in the 80s.... sure Regan and Thatcher were nasty people and brought about a highly conservative mindset to the world where value of someone is more important than the actual person, money and 'wining' is king. But what's going on now appears much more sinister.

This is more like that 1930s than that 80s to me. Populism politics has always been a mainstay of US politics but what's going on now is not a pretty sight at all. It's like we went back to a time when tolerance and justice had little backbone. Brash and proud of it. Not good really.

I'm just not sure what's happened here. It's like it's a dormant volcano that's gone off and the lava hasn't stopped.

It's going to take more than comedians to change this thinking....
    Laura Knotek and sahib lopez like this.
    01-16-2017 07:59 AM
    The Eighties as a whole were not horrible. It's the ultra conservative mindset prevalent in the 80s that I'm scared of. It's making a comeback with a vengeance. The ongoings of the business world are somewhat foreign to me, so I can't really comment on economics. I should be more knowledgeable on that subject. My main concern, and the reason that I teach, is to show people how to use logic, evidence, and reasoning to make decisions. I thought we were making headway as a country, but....No. :(
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-16-2017 08:31 AM
    Actually, as far as tribalism and fear-mongering go, the 80s were quite bad.
    01-16-2017 08:32 AM
    Actually, as far as tribalism and fear-mongering go, the 80s were quite bad.
    Yeah it was pretty bad back then, tribalism was a very strong mindset in the 80s, even down to the type of music you listened to. The aids epidemic didn't help with that either.

The media played a big role in promoting it as well. All the Vietnam war movies, other war movies with the 'American hero', fear of Russia movies... etc.

I think there's ideology that the world can return to the 'great 80s' with high interest rates for the wealthy to make loads and jobs for everyone. The trickle down economy, yet again...

Thing is, the world of the 80s no longer exists and to try to return to that would take a lot of disruption and possibly war.
    01-16-2017 08:50 AM
    The Eighties as a whole were not horrible. It's the ultra conservative mindset prevalent in the 80s that I'm scared of. It's making a comeback with a vengeance. The ongoings of the business world are somewhat foreign to me, so I can't really comment on economics. I should be more knowledgeable on that subject. My main concern, and the reason that I teach, is to show people how to use logic, evidence, and reasoning to make decisions. I thought we were making headway as a country, but....No. :(
    The good thing that the 80s brought was good music. A lot was very anti establishment. Political without seeming like it. The fashion was another thing... though seeming making somewhat of a come back.

Ultra conservatism hasn't gone anywhere. The Republican party is full of them. Also lots of bought MPs from big business. Not saying the Democrats are any better though.

Ever since 'shareholders' those faceless people that seem to own everything, has become the companies main concern and shareholders only want their big dividend, business has had to change. Not for the better. Accounting has taken over the world. Not a good thing. When it's all about money and driving consumerism this is what we have. A race to the bottom and offshoring.

When 8 of the wealthiest people have the same level of income as 50% of the world population, then you know things have gone real bad.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 01-16-2017 at 09:24 AM.
    01-16-2017 09:03 AM
    I so hope for the UK to crash and burn like it deserves to. I got two Brexit people in my vicinity. Sigh. Can't wait to ditch this crappy country.
    01-16-2017 09:45 AM
145,199 ... 52255226522752285229 ...