Black Friday is almost here!

Get the inside track on all the best deals.

A bit late but anyway, happy birthday ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Laura Knotek, Rose640 and libra89 like this.
    01-22-2017 04:58 AM
    Raining here steadily for last 12 hours.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-22-2017 12:58 PM
    A bit late but anyway, happy birthday ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Thank you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-22-2017 05:03 PM
    I forgot to say it's my birthday today, yay :D.
    Happy birthday!
    libra89, Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    01-23-2017 10:13 AM
    Yay for having an understanding boss!

Also, I just realized that it's been a few days since I posted here, or at least it feels like it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-2017 11:42 AM
    Happy birthday!
    Thanks MIA.
    01-23-2017 06:09 PM
    I see things have gone slow here.

Looks like this may be a make or break year with Samsung. I see that they took the first batch of S835 chips for their S8, forcing LG and HTC to use the 821s instead. I personally don't mind, if HTC and LG can optimize their offerings. Problem is, there may be refreshed units with the newer chips, which will screw with early adopters paying those crazy prices.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-24-2017 09:57 AM

Looks like this may be a make or break year with Samsung. I see that they took the first batch of S835 chips for their S8, forcing LG and HTC to use the 821s instead. I personally don't mind, if HTC and LG can optimize their offerings. Problem is, there may be refreshed units with the newer chips, which will screw with early adopters paying those crazy prices.
    I don't mind HTC and LG not using the super latest chips...but people will make a big **** of it. The market is so saturated that I really wonder how these OEMs will make sales. Honestly, Apple and Samsung have nowhere to go but down. Keep an eye on Huawei though...
    libra89, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-24-2017 10:15 AM

Since you mentioned HTC, I'm curious on your thoughts about the new HTC "flagship" offering in the U Ultra, and the Play too, I guess. Aside from the colors, it's not really interesting.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-24-2017 10:41 AM
    Feeling like dBrand is trolling me. My order got to a postal office facility in my county on Saturday morning and it finally made it's way to my local post office this morning and yet it is being delivered tomorrow. I am so tempted to see if I can ask for it at the post office during my lunch if it doesn't go out today. LOL

Edit: Spoke too soon. It's in my mailbox waiting for me when I get home! Yay!
    Last edited by libra89; 01-24-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-24-2017 10:45 AM
    Camera on this Pixel is amazing!
    01-24-2017 11:25 AM
    Wow!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-24-2017 12:13 PM
    Go figure that I found the ideal boot in my size and it sold out while I was looking for something to add to it to get free shipping

To be fair, it was a want and not a need (to justify the CC hit). I don't even like shopping for shoes, but that particular pair would be great for me.
    Last edited by libra89; 01-24-2017 at 12:55 PM.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-24-2017 12:35 PM
    I'm glad to have given up this hobby. It got tiresome, really.
    I know, I really dug up this quote but I had to.

This month, I am doing a challenge of using just one phone for the whole month, which is an easy thing for many but not for me. I'm someone who feels a need to change phones after 2 weeks at least because something bothers me about the one I was using. In this case, it's just switching in-between what I own. Sometimes I'll use one for a week and then something comes up so I'm changing it. I have felt the urge to, but I haven't actually caved.

Anyway, how this connects to you is that I was thinking about what you said and how right you are. I'm hoping that my dBrand skin would help me feel less annoyed with how, uh, not unique looking, my iPhone is.
    01-24-2017 12:54 PM
    I don't mind HTC and LG not using the super latest chips...but people will make a big **** of it. The market is so saturated that I really wonder how these OEMs will make sales. Honestly, Apple and Samsung have nowhere to go but down. Keep an eye on Huawei though...
    Huawei has been doing the best job with their line lately. They're making some really sleek and prestige looking phones.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    01-24-2017 01:05 PM
    Go figure that I found the ideal boot in my size and it sold out while I was looking for something to add to it to get free shipping

To be fair, it was a want and not a need (to justify the CC hit). I don't even like shopping for shoes, but that particular pair would be great for me.
    It kinda reminds me of me, but in my case it's not the shoes we're talking about ...
    01-24-2017 01:06 PM
    I know, I really dug up this quote but I had to.

This month, I am doing a challenge of using just one phone for the whole month, which is an easy thing for many but not for me. I'm someone who feels a need to change phones after 2 weeks at least because something bothers me about the one I was using. In this case, it's just switching in-between what I own. Sometimes I'll use one for a week and then something comes up so I'm changing it. I have felt the urge to, but I haven't actually caved.

Anyway, how this connects to you is that I was thinking about what you said and how right you are. I'm hoping that my dBrand skin would help me feel less annoyed with how, uh, not unique looking, my iPhone is.
    I've been using my L640 for more than year and a half, without switching phones or whatsoever :D.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-24-2017 01:08 PM
    While we're talking about phones, I think LG needs to do some serious work on their designs. I mean, to me, G5 was the ugliest phone compared to it's competition, even Lumia 650 was more appealing to me. V10 look was not bad, maybe they should make something similar.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-24-2017 01:11 PM
    I've been using my L640 for more than year and a half, without switching phones or whatsoever :D.
    How's that been for you? Are you still liking it as much as you did before, or is it just doing the job? I liked it on 8.1 but it felt slow on W10M.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    01-24-2017 01:55 PM
    It kinda reminds me of me, but in my case it's not the shoes we're talking about ...
    Oh? Now I'm curious what it is for you then. What is it?
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    01-24-2017 01:57 PM
    Night shots are pretty decent as well, even on a bumpy descent.
    01-24-2017 05:51 PM
    How's that been for you? Are you still liking it as much as you did before, or is it just doing the job? I liked it on 8.1 but it felt slow on W10M.
    Definitely don't like it as much as I did, as a matter fact I can't wait to replace it, but that won't be soon so, I'll still have to stick with it for a while.

It was much better on 8.1, hadn't encounter a single lag back then, and I have a feeling that Lumia Camera was somewhat better than the current one, it was faster for sure.

The thing about WM10 is that some builds are smooth as a butter and work just perfectly, and other times they're pure hell, like the current one. I know I shouldn't be complaining since it's a preview, but I can't help not to.
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    01-24-2017 07:43 PM
    Oh? Now I'm curious what it is for you then. What is it?
    I'm sure MIA wouldn't need a second guess with this one. Women, it's women :D. Always.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    01-24-2017 07:44 PM
    Night shots are pretty decent as well, even on a bumpy descent.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1e92c9e478.jpg
    I'd call that almost perfect, but again, who am I to judge.
    01-24-2017 07:45 PM
    It's almost 2, I should really go to bed.
    worldspy99 and libra89 like this.
    01-24-2017 07:46 PM
145,203 ... 52315232523352345235 ...