If your current phone is chugging along why not.
    Except the Sony XZ (I did have the Z3C and Z3 briefly) I have used every single phone on the list and so far the Pixel has worked out really well.
    The only issue I have with the Pixel is price. If it wasn't ridiculous expensive I'd get it even though I'm not a fan of the way it looks.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-02-2017 12:15 AM
    My criteria is pretty simple.

Size - around 5"
    Good battery
    Good camera
    Prefer waterproof (I live in the UK...)
    As close to 'vanilla' Android as possible
    Decent looking

After that I'm pretty easy
    I had a joke based on a conundrum, but I'll send it to Sahib for analysis...

Wait to see what the new Sony looks like. I heard the XZ is really solid, but don't think it is better than anything in the Pixel/S7/V20/Mate 9 bracket. There are currently only 3 people in the water resistant game...Sony, Sammy and iFruit. If your Z3 still works, keep chugging along...If it doesn't work, then honestly get a flip phone as an intermezzo...
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-02-2017 12:23 AM
    The only issue I have with the Pixel is price. If it wasn't ridiculous expensive I'd get it even though I'm not a fan of the way it looks.
    I was in the same boat. I like the Pixel but the price is Trump immigration policy scary to my wallet. If you catch it on a sale or see if 99 has some insight, that's a good option.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-02-2017 12:25 AM
    I think I needed to put the added requirement of relatively new...

Disregard my post. Just trying to help. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-02-2017 12:30 AM
    I was in the same boat. I like the Pixel but the price is Trump immigration policy scary to my wallet. If you catch it on a sale or see if 99 has some insight, that's a good option.
    Get a Verizon version, relatively cheap and works just like the factory unlocked ones.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-02-2017 12:41 AM
    I'm off to surprise my dad for a big round birthday tomorrow and will be back on the 13th.
    02-02-2017 12:42 AM
    I'm off to surprise my dad for a big round birthday tomorrow and will be back on the 13th.
    Awesome! Have fun and safe travels!

Sent from mTalk
    02-02-2017 01:09 AM

Disregard my post. Just trying to help. :)
    No worries. I appreciate it just wanting a newer phone. The Z3 is a bit long in the tooth now. Still works but a bit tired.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-02-2017 02:43 AM
    I had a joke based on a conundrum, but I'll send it to Sahib for analysis...

Wait to see what the new Sony looks like. I heard the XZ is really solid, but don't think it is better than anything in the Pixel/S7/V20/Mate 9 bracket. There are currently only 3 people in the water resistant game...Sony, Sammy and iFruit. If your Z3 still works, keep chugging along...If it doesn't work, then honestly get a flip phone as an intermezzo...
    I think my issue with the XZ is I'm just not sure what I think of it. I like the look of it. It's a nice looking phone overall. But I'm just not sure. I don't know if I want to go with Sony again.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-02-2017 02:45 AM
    I think my issue with the XZ is I'm just not sure what I think of it. I like the look of it. It's a nice looking phone overall. But I'm just not sure. I don't know if I want to go with Sony again.
    I see you're channelling your inner Chregu...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-02-2017 06:56 PM
    Agreed. If they made the 'Standard' Pixel (5.0") around $499 i think it would outsell any iPhone or Samsung devices in 2017. The software on there is amazing! plus you get access to Beta updates which is a nice addition. It's all about price and the value you getting for it. I personally think the days of people purchasing devices for $800 + are slowly going away. It's just not worth the cash, especially when you have devices like the OnePlus 3T or the Axon 7 coming in at much lower prices. :)
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-03-2017 04:10 AM
    Looks like I'm a little behind on this thread haha. I think I'm just going to cut my losses and start from here. Seems like years worth of legal reading haha ^_^
    screen-shot-2017-02-03-11.03.19-am.png
    02-03-2017 04:12 AM
    It gets interesting about halfway in. :p
    02-03-2017 04:58 AM
    Looks like I'm a little behind on this thread haha. I think I'm just going to cut my losses and start from here. Seems like years worth of legal reading haha ^_^
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 11.03.19 AM.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	133706
    You should have been here in the early days. That's nothing really...
    02-03-2017 05:01 AM
    Agreed. If they made the 'Standard' Pixel (5.0") around $499 i think it would outsell any iPhone or Samsung devices in 2017. The software on there is amazing! plus you get access to Beta updates which is a nice addition. It's all about price and the value you getting for it. I personally think the days of people purchasing devices for $800 + are slowly going away. It's just not worth the cash, especially when you have devices like the OnePlus 3T or the Axon 7 coming in at much lower prices. :)
    I'll agree with that.

I'm hoping whatever Nokia plans to being out is reasonably priced but I'm not holding my breath...
    02-03-2017 05:02 AM
    You should have been here in the early days. That's nothing really...
    We used to have days where it was 200 unread posts in a day, at minimum...
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-03-2017 08:18 AM
    I'll agree with that.

I'm hoping whatever Nokia plans to being out is reasonably priced but I'm not holding my breath...
    I don't expect to be impressed, really. The market is too saturated.
    02-03-2017 08:24 AM
    We used to have days where it was 200 unread posts in a day, at minimum...
    For this thread or the off topic lounge?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-03-2017 08:40 AM
    I don't expect to be impressed, really. The market is too saturated.
    Yeah, people are hung up on this Nokia "savior" idea and I'm indifferent, unless they decide to make a good small phone for someone like me who likes those.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-03-2017 08:53 AM
    I'm guessing this thread.
    N_LaRUE and MSFTisMIA like this.
    02-03-2017 08:54 AM
    Honestly, I really don't need to be buying more phones but I'm so glad to have a 950 in my possession again.
    02-03-2017 09:20 AM
    Just this thread...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-03-2017 09:52 AM
    Yeah, people are hung up on this Nokia "savior" idea and I'm indifferent, unless they decide to make a good small phone for someone like me who likes those.
    It's not so much the saviour thing it's more about if they'll make anything worth buying. Will they have the camera? Will their audio be better? What about design in general?

Those are the questions I have. I'm not hung up on Nokia I'm just curious. Price will be the other deciding factor of course.
    02-03-2017 09:54 AM
    16 hours later, I am in Doha, Qatar.
    Scenery from Northern Canada courtesy of Pixel.
    02-03-2017 10:14 AM
    It's not so much the saviour thing it's more about if they'll make anything worth buying. Will they have the camera? Will their audio be better? What about design in general?

Those are the questions I have. I'm not hung up on Nokia I'm just curious. Price will be the other deciding factor of course.
    I agree! I figured that you are curious, me too. From what I have seen around, it seems like some people are willing to give them a pass just because they are Nokia.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-03-2017 10:32 AM
145,180 ... 52395240524152425243 ...