Thinking of getting new glasses but I'm waiting for a sale at my favorite eyeglass shop. No rush but my main glasses have a long crack in the lens so I should make it happen in the next few months. I really don't want to be part of a wedding with a crack in my lens.
    I've been wearing glasses since September last year, and it's already become tiring. There's so much work to keep them clean, and I can't stand any stains or whatsoever :D.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-06-2017 09:58 AM
    In our smaller entity you can get prosecuted for hate speech on social media. It's good as far as hate speech is concened, but they're abusing the law and charging people who critise the government. It's really a duble edged sword.
    Free speech is a bit of an oxymoron anyway and in the US it get conflated with 'freedom of religion'. So people get a pass for wearing slogans or t-shirts with offensive words and phrases but so long as it's 'religiously' related that's ok.

I'm not easily offended myself (being the white heterosexual male that I am) but it's time we moved on from these petty things that shackle society. Unfortunately we like to revere old ideas and cling to cultural and tradition as if they are unchangeable things.

Such is the revisionist thinking of today...
    02-06-2017 10:19 AM
    Hopefully people got the humour of the 'white heterosexual male'. We're supposedly the easily offended bunch on the planet... LOL!

I am definitely not your typical 'white heterosexual male'. :P
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and azcruz like this.
    02-06-2017 10:23 AM
    I've been wearing glasses since September last year, and it's already become tiring. There's so much work to keep them clean, and I can't stand any stains or whatsoever :D.
    Aw. I'm guessing that you have to wear them all the time now? It comes to a point when glasses wearers get used to all of that stuff. I think you'll adjust in time. I have had to wear them for over 20 years and sometimes my glasses get dirty but as long as I can see fine, I'm good lol.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    02-06-2017 10:57 AM
    So booked my trip to the south of France. Looking forward to it. :D
    Rose640, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-07-2017 02:36 AM
    Free speech is a bit of an oxymoron anyway and in the US it get conflated with 'freedom of religion'. So people get a pass for wearing slogans or t-shirts with offensive words and phrases but so long as it's 'religiously' related that's ok.

I'm not easily offended myself (being the white heterosexual male that I am) but it's time we moved on from these petty things that shackle society. Unfortunately we like to revere old ideas and cling to cultural and tradition as if they are unchangeable things.

Such is the revisionist thinking of today...
    It's a thing here too, people are willing to sacrifice their own good just to protect their beliefs, which at the end of the day, won't really put a food on their table.

And yes, I got the joke :D.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-07-2017 04:40 AM
    Aw. I'm guessing that you have to wear them all the time now? It comes to a point when glasses wearers get used to all of that stuff. I think you'll adjust in time. I have had to wear them for over 20 years and sometimes my glasses get dirty but as long as I can see fine, I'm good lol.
    I'm pretty new there, it has been only 6 months, so I'm still getting used to them. The biggest issue at the beggining was a pain in the nose :D.
    02-07-2017 04:43 AM
    Checking vineries? :D
    02-07-2017 04:46 AM
    Checking vineries? :D
    No, we don't drink except occasionally.

It's more for weather and research.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-07-2017 05:03 AM
    Ooh congrats! Enjoy :)
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-07-2017 07:31 AM
    I'm pretty new there, it has been only 6 months, so I'm still getting used to them. The biggest issue at the beggining was a pain in the nose :D.
    Ooh okay. In 6 more months, you'll look back to this feeling xd
    02-07-2017 07:39 AM
    Ooh okay. In 6 more months, you'll look back to this feeling xd
    I certainly hope so :D.
    02-07-2017 09:56 AM
    I have to say, those two terrorist attacks Trump's administration mentiod actually did happen. It was back in 2015 in a small town near Serbian border. And yes, the guy who threw a bomb at the police station and killed an officer was a muslim.

But let's get this clear, the event itself was covered, more than enough. It was all over the news. But just as all those attacks in Bagdad and other cities and places get forgotten by bigger mainstream media, so did this one. 'Cause it wasn't France, or Turkey, or something. Usual stuff.

And unlike Trump's suggestions, the event did not cause any kind of hate or conflicts, quite the opposite. It united all three nations in my country. Because it wasn't a muslim who did the stupid thing, but a sick, twisted, brain-washed ****.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    02-07-2017 02:46 PM
    While I'm on politics. We have an american-black-listed politician of our own. Yay.
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    02-07-2017 02:49 PM
    It appears that Rolling Stones could come to Sarajevo, sometimes in May or June. It's not certain yet, but agencies all around Balkans are fighting for the gig, including the ones outside our country. I just hope I won't have to travel to Croatia, or even worse Serbia. Croatia would be somewhat acceptable, 'cause I have relatives there, unlike in Serbia.

The perfect scenario would be them coming to Sarajevo. Anyway, I'm hyped about the whole thing.
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-07-2017 02:55 PM
    Gojira was nominated in few categories for the Grammy Awards. Not that I care much for these (mostly because bad music has been taking awards in the past few years), but it's nice that metal is still represented. What I'm confused a bit is that both them and Metallica are in Rock sections. If I recall correctly, Metallica was one of the trash pioneers, and Gojira is far, far away from rock. But still, it's really nice they're getting a recognition for their work.
    sinime and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-08-2017 11:00 AM
    Trying to convince the wife that we need to go to the bar for the V-Day glass tonight. Our 3-week old would probably enjoy the scenery and keep us from staying too long

16426044_1429689133721985_278500762104755909_n.jpg
    02-08-2017 11:20 AM
    I'm bored, so I'll post my opinions about a few categories:

1.Record of the year
    The only good song here is Hello by Adele, nothing else really. Especially Work, that song's a pure cancer.

3.Song of the year
    Again, Hello.

5.Best pop solo performance
    Guess which one it is. Hello.

12.Best rock performance
    To me, Disturb has no competition in this category. "The sound of silence" is by far one of the best covers I've ever heard, so yes, I'd bet on that one to take the Grammy.

13.Best metal performance
    Okay, this one is tough. You have 3 extremly good songs from Gojira, Korn and Megadeth, from which the weakest one would be Megadeth's. But they're old school, and that weighs pretty much and will definitely have impact on final decision. Now the other two, I really think they could have chosen better song from Korn, to me, Insane is just a little bit better than Rotting in vain, so I'd put that one there. But it is what it is.
    Choice is really tough for this one, but I'd go with Gojira and their "Silvera".

15.Best rock album
    Gojira's Magma obviously.
    Last edited by Rose640; 02-08-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    02-08-2017 11:30 AM
    I may or may not be a part of a wedding this year. Ahh.
    02-08-2017 01:53 PM
    I may or may not be a part of a wedding this year. Ahh.
    Good luck with it. I'm not a fan of weddings. Too much lies, bad taste in music, unwanted behaviour and fake emotions :D.
    02-08-2017 02:01 PM
    Here is the scene the V-Day glass is referencing...
    02-08-2017 02:13 PM
    Good luck with it. I'm not a fan of weddings. Too much lies, bad taste in music, unwanted behaviour and fake emotions :D.
    Thank you, I'll need it. Haha, fair points. One of my siblings is newly engaged but my mom and their partner's mom wants it to happen this year and they would like for it to be a big production.
    Rose640, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-08-2017 02:19 PM
    Thank you, I'll need it. Haha, fair points. One of my siblings is newly engaged but my mom and their partner's mom wants it to happen this year and they would like for it to be a big production.
    It's even worse if it's a big wedding :D. I've never been to one without getting a headache.
    02-08-2017 02:22 PM
    It's even worse if it's a big wedding :D. I've never been to one without getting a headache.
    Yep, you're right about that. Lots of it all. We'll see. On the flip side, if it happens this year, it will be in the summer but still. The last wedding I was a part of was way too many bodies (and random people!), but it was beautiful in the end.
    02-08-2017 02:29 PM
    Yep, you're right about that. Lots of it all. We'll see. On the flip side, if it happens this year, it will be in the summer but still. The last wedding I was a part of was way too many bodies (and random people!), but it was beautiful in the end.
    Yup, random people, forgot about that. I feel uncomfortable when I have to go somewhere else besides our local pub, now not to mention being in a room filled with (possibly drunken) strangers.
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    02-08-2017 02:37 PM
144,453 ... 52425243524452455246 ...