The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    If you own a house you pay council tax. Which I guess is 'property tax' or something like that in the US? Because the way renting works here in the UK, renters pay the council tax, not the owners.
    OK. I understand that. Here in the US owners pay property tax, but renters don't.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-14-2017 12:20 PM
    Lol!

When you (general you) decide to marry people from certain cultures, you have to respect their culture. If you don't, the family feels disrespected. Not looking forward to the traditional one since it will be huge but the church one should be fine.
    Well I'd definitely respect (in this case) her culture if such thing ever happens, but that doesn't mean I'd enjoy it. Note that this is for weddings only, when it comes to other cultures I'm quite open. As a matter fact I'm really interested in them.

Especially in sacral paintings and architecture. I'd like to visit Spain and old mosques, as well as slavic countries and their churches. Oh and not to forget Vatican.

I'd also like to see original paintings from the Baroc period, like stuff from Rembrandt.

Not to get al confused, I'm not into religions, but the art they inspired.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-14-2017 03:04 PM
    Finally some games worth the Champions League. Haven't enjoyed in sports like this for some time now.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-14-2017 03:06 PM
    Well I'd definitely respect (in this case) her culture if such thing ever happens, but that doesn't mean I'd enjoy it. Note that this is for weddings only, when it comes to other cultures I'm quite open. As a matter fact I'm really interested in them.

Especially in sacral paintings and architecture. I'd like to visit Spain and old mosques, as well as slavic countries and their churches. Oh and not to forget Vatican.

I'd also like to see original paintings from the Baroc period, like stuff from Rembrandt.

Ohh okay, I can understand this.

I can imagine that there's some beautiful architecture in those places. I get what you mean here because the art is fascinating.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    02-14-2017 03:09 PM
    Hey guys! Busy busy at the moment trying to prep for a job interview / application process. I hate it when red tape gets in the way and drags everything out!
    N_LaRUE, libra89, Rose640 and 2 others like this.
    02-14-2017 03:22 PM
    Whoa! Congrats and good luck on getting stuff done. Has jet lag hit you yet or not?
    No jet lag. I have gotten into the habit of actually sleeping on the flight when it is night time at the destination regardless of time at departure airport.

Some huge IP issues seem to have cropped up so chasing lawyers currently...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Muessig like this.
    02-14-2017 03:51 PM
    Hey guys! Busy busy at the moment trying to prep for a job interview / application process. I hate it when red tape gets in the way and drags everything out!
    Good luck with the interview, I hope you nail it!
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Muessig like this.
    02-14-2017 03:51 PM
    Good luck @Muessig !
    02-14-2017 03:55 PM
    According to French representative in European Parliament, I'm a fundamentalist and a terrorist.
    02-14-2017 06:06 PM
    No matter how you put it, things just don't look good. Both I and the rest 1.8 milion Bosniaks in my country, and another 500.000 across the world have been labeled as terrorists.
    02-14-2017 06:09 PM
    First mention of my country goes all the way back to 10th century and the Porfirogenet's "De administrando imperio". The oldest found document goes as far as 29. of August 1189, in which our Ban Kulin (ban is something like a king) grants free travel through our country and a right to do bussines, to Dubrovnik's citizens and merchants.

The expression Bosniaks comes up for the first time somewhere in 12th century. Not Bosnian, but Bosniak.

And now, some ******* from France comes up and preaches me about how our nation was "artificially made" in 70s during comunism, and how it was a gift from a dictator and a futur cause of 90s war. These kind people **** me off. The aggressor commited a genocide in my country in the 90s, my youngest uncle is missing one leg from that war, his older brother has shrapnels in his lunges, my grandpa died from a heart attack during bombing, my dad has one leg shorter since he stepped on a freaking mine, every fifth male in my small town is some kind of invalod, AND THIS GUY IS TELLING ME IT'S OUR FAULT.

We're all screwed with leaders like this.
    02-14-2017 06:24 PM
    According to French representative in European Parliament, I'm a fundamentalist and a terrorist.
    Is there a English link to this story?

Also keep in mind the MEPs in the EU Parliament are not representative of France nor are they from one particular party. Far right, far left, centrist and everything in between is represented. Which is why you might find views like this.

Keep in mind that UKIP from the UK had a very large group in the EU parliament.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 02-15-2017 at 03:12 AM.
    libra89 and Rose640 like this.
    02-15-2017 01:51 AM
    To lighten the mood in here a bit. I went to a bread making class over the weekend. This was using a sour dough starter. The bread turned out very nice.

bread.jpg
    02-15-2017 07:34 AM
    Good luck with the interview! I know all too well about red tape...
    libra89, Laura Knotek and Muessig like this.
    02-15-2017 07:35 AM

I've yet to make it to the Vatican. I sometimes wonder if I'll be struck by lightning or something. :P (JK)

I heard the building is pretty ugly but the paintings are beautiful.

The Alhambra in Granada Spain is simply amazing.

The Sedlec Ossuary in Czech Republic very interesting too.

Mont St Michel in Normandy, France is quite the experience.

Mount St Michael in Conrwall, UK is pretty cool as well.

Lincoln Cathedral is pretty special.

I didn't find York Minster or Westminster Abbey all that special.

If you want some ruins to check out I'd suggest Rievaulx Abbey and Fountains Abbey in Yorkshire.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 02-15-2017 at 08:29 AM.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    02-15-2017 07:44 AM
    To lighten the mood in here a bit. I went to a bread making class over the weekend. This was using a sour dough starter. The bread turned out very nice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bread.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	969.8 KB 
ID:	133885
    Wow that looks good.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-15-2017 08:24 AM
    Wow that looks good.
    It's very nice bread. It uses a rye/white sour dough starter. That was cooked in our oven after a long proofing in our fridge.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-15-2017 08:30 AM
    Good luck! I hope you get the job.
    libra89 and Muessig like this.
    02-15-2017 11:44 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bread.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	969.8 KB 
ID:	133885
    That looks too pretty to eat!

I would want to eat it though. It looks delicious.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-15-2017 11:46 AM
    Ugh, application deadlines suck!

I kind of wish that my family wasn't doing a meet the family thing for my sister's fiance on Saturday. This is going to be a mini production, not really a run of the mill thing. I think this is the first time I have typed that. So weird.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-15-2017 11:49 AM
    Can you spot the bug?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-15-2017 07:13 PM
    The Excel icon is overlaid on the menu?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-15-2017 07:24 PM
    The Excel icon is overlaid on the menu?
    Yes, can't click on it, stayed there for about fours days. Today, it decided to leave that area.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-15-2017 07:26 PM
    Yes, can't click on it, stayed there for about fours days. Today, it decided to leave that area.
    Bummer!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-15-2017 07:26 PM
    Since released products don't have the bug reporting tool the Insiders have, I wasn't able to report it.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-15-2017 07:28 PM
142,760 ... 52495250525152525253 ...