It's generally no problem when the services you use work nicely on all platforms you choose to use. I had a curious stage with both Android and iOS last year at first for a month (2 separate months) but I find myself missing elements of the other OSes to a point.

In my opinion, there's no reason to have more than one iPhone, because the difference is just the size (and you want size variation). Android phones on the other hand, different OEMs have different takes on the OS that you (general you) may or may not like, so having more than one Android phone is more interesting.
    For android they should just offer their launcher so you can try it out.

I have no interest in Apple at all so it's an expensive item that holds no value to me. I'm slightly curious but not enough to buy one.

I might pick up a WM in the future but not any time soon. I had my time with it. Didn't really work for me 100β„… so I'm happy to move on.

My main point was, personally, I have no need or desire for more than one phone. I like technology and all that but I don't really like messing about setting up multiple things, just because. I've stopped using my tablet as it's more or less pointless to use. I take it with me on vacation but that's it.

Having android TV has given me even less reason for having multiple items. Though it's far from perfect.
    02-22-2017 08:43 AM
    For android they should just offer their launcher so you can try it out.

I have no interest in Apple at all so it's an expensive item that holds no value to me. I'm slightly curious but not enough to buy one.

I might pick up a WM in the future but not any time soon. I had my time with it. Didn't really work for me 100β„… so I'm happy to move on.

My main point was, personally, I have no need or desire for more than one phone. I like technology and all that but I don't really like messing about setting up multiple things, just because. I've stopped using my tablet as it's more or less pointless to use. I take it with me on vacation but that's it.

Having android TV has given me even less reason for having multiple items. Though it's far from perfect.
    I understand where you are coming from. It makes sense to me.

It's a fair point about the launcher for Android but that wouldn't be enough for me personally. In my many trials with phones, different Android phones deal with things differently. Sony seems to work best if you choose to export your contacts from outlook into gmail, while some other phones, work fine without having the need to export your contacts. Things like battery life and radios wouldn't be enough to test with just the launcher. Also with Android 6.0, I have owned a number of phones that do Doze differently and the Honor 8 has been the only one to please me in that arena.

It's very fascinating, and important (for me) as I'm not about that life of always having charging cables on me every day. I think for me, maybe 2 is for me. If only I can flash my honor 8 down correctly...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-22-2017 09:23 AM
    That's a fair point. I think it can be challenging to use all 3 sometimes but it is fun to know the quirks of each platform.
    I used to think that way, but I guess I'm moving away from all that excitement now. I think having one platform that works and one to tinker on if i so chose is now where I'm at. I used to root and flash all the time with Android and even that I've lost interest in.

I'm not sure if I'll go back to iOS but i suppose i would trade my Robin for an iPhone SE...Even if i don't use it.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-22-2017 10:52 AM
    I saw the original Sabbath lineup, including Bill Ward, at Ozzfest.
    Lucky you!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-22-2017 10:54 AM
    I used to think that way, but I guess I'm moving away from all that excitement now. I think having one platform that works and one to tinker on if i so chose is now where I'm at. I used to root and flash all the time with Android and even that I've lost interest in.

I'm not sure if I'll go back to iOS but i suppose i would trade my Robin for an iPhone SE...Even if i don't use it.
    Sounds like that's a good place to be, imo.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-22-2017 10:59 AM

You can keep musing out loud about your Robin for an iPhone SE but that is highly unlikely. Maybe two Robin's for a SE?
    02-22-2017 11:13 AM
    You can keep musing out loud about your Robin for an iPhone SE but that is highly unlikely. Maybe two Robin's for a SE?
    That or additional cash might be needed.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-22-2017 11:31 AM
    Huawei Honor V9 launched today in China, looks great. I am going to see if I can import it before they launch in the USA.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    02-22-2017 11:48 AM
    I hate learning poetry by rote. I just hate it. Especially when it's in Latin. And when I have to know the translation to Bosnian.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-22-2017 02:17 PM
    I can't see how could I benefit from knowing the whole Gaudeamus, but I guess that one's beyond me.
    02-22-2017 02:18 PM
    I didn't know Bruce Willis can actually sing. And he's not really bad at all.

02-22-2017 02:20 PM
    Yay, I'm done with exams ! πŸ˜€
    02-22-2017 02:22 PM
    Based on Swappa prices, you could be right...For a 64GB SE, that is. But why buy another Robin to trade when if I wanted to be creative, just grab a T-Mobile branded V20 for $360 and then just sell both the Robin and Honor 8?
    02-22-2017 05:14 PM
    Sounds like that's a good place to be, imo.
    Maybe I'm just in a place where I don't care about this as much as i used to...
    02-22-2017 05:17 PM
    Based on Swappa prices, you could be right...For a 64GB SE, that is. But why buy another Robin to trade when if I wanted to be creative, just grab a T-Mobile branded V20 for $360 and then just sell both the Robin and Honor 8?
    Why don't you do that? Because while you were typing this, I got a blue S7 edge for $360πŸ˜€
    02-22-2017 05:34 PM
    Maybe I'm just in a place where I don't care about this as much as i used to...
    Same here. Although that Honor V9 in red looks awesome!
    02-22-2017 05:34 PM
    Why don't you do that? Because while you were typing this, I got a blue S7 edge for $360πŸ˜€
    Good for you.

1) I don't by carrier unlocked anymore. Ever.
    2) I don't want to deal with the headache of trying to sell 2(!) phones
    3) I want 1 compact and one relatively compact phablet.

I won't lie...I do love the V20, but I'll pass...
    02-22-2017 06:51 PM
    Good for you.

Won't lie either.
    1. S7 edge is mostly for the blue color and to use as a good trade device.
    2. I am pretty much done selling phones. Trading is okay as long as phones go to someone else and cash comes back :-)
    3. I am very happy with my current device setup.
    4. The V20 is a great device but the camera is still subpar compared to Google, Apple and Samsung devices. I have watched enough reviews to settle on that opinion.
    libra89 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    02-22-2017 06:59 PM
    Good for you.

I don't blame you for point 2. It sucks. The only sane trick is to sell one at a time but even that isn't fun.
    02-22-2017 08:24 PM
    Won't lie either.
    2. I am pretty much done selling phones. Trading is okay as long as phones go to someone else and cash comes back :-)
    Congrats on point 1, that coral blue is beautiful!
    I can relate, so happy that my last phone I have been trying to sell has been sold finally. Debating if I'll sell my Honor 8 or not but I need to rollback the software first...
    02-22-2017 08:41 PM
    Won't lie either.
    4. The V20 is a great device but the camera is still subpar compared to Google, Apple and Samsung devices. I have watched enough reviews to settle on that opinion.
    I'll respectfully disagree on the V20's camera... outside of the 950 XL, in terms of full manual controls (especially for video), the V20 is at the head of the line. Apple, Samsung and the Pixel cameras are better point and shoot full auto mode. Of these 3, I think Samsung has the best balance, but cannot go wrong with either.

It boils down to what people want and are looking for. I'd happily own a V20 if it was the same size as the Note 5/950 XL.
    libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-22-2017 08:45 PM
    I must confess...I didn't know what I was missing until I ate picadillo...
    libra89 likes this.
    02-22-2017 08:46 PM
    You want to trade me that S7E for a Honor 8 + Robin? Lol.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-22-2017 08:47 PM
    I'll respectfully disagree on the V20's camera... outside of the 950 XL, in terms of full manual controls (especially for video), the V20 is at the head of the line. Apple, Samsung and the Pixel cameras are better point and shoot full auto mode. Of these 3, I think Samsung has the best balance, but cannot go wrong with either.

It boils down to what people want and are looking for. I'd happily own a V20 if it was the same size as the Note 5/950 XL.
    Still pictures are best on Pixel and video is best on 7+. V20 has the purple haze in still pictures and video.
    02-22-2017 08:59 PM
    You want to trade me that S7E for a Honor 8 + Robin? Lol.
    I think a carrier locked Samsung device is probably your worst nightmareπŸ˜€
    02-22-2017 08:59 PM
143,638 ... 52565257525852595260 ...