It's really beautiful, I didn't like the design at first, but now I can't wait for the opportunity to try it out.
    It looks nice. I'll be curious for the in hand feel is like. I'm not rushing to replace my Honor 8, but I'll certainly look at this year's offerings in the store.
    libra89, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-26-2017 05:21 PM
    It looks nice. I'll be curious for the in hand feel is like. I'm not rushing to replace my Honor 8, but I'll certainly look at this year's offerings in the store.
    I'm also curious. I'm impressed by what they were able to do and correct. It looks like a nice phone to have. Haven't read any reviews yet though, just hands on.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-26-2017 07:07 PM
    As everyone already knows...

X3 on dock with FiiO DAC.

02-26-2017 07:09 PM
    I'm also curious. I'm impressed by what they were able to do and correct. It looks like a nice phone to have. Haven't read any reviews yet though, just hands on.
    Android Central has a review up. They'll update it with a post production model, but their reviews don't change much (they've done this for a few years).
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-26-2017 07:11 PM
    Android Central has a review up. They'll update it with a post production model, but their reviews don't change much (they've done this for a few years).
    Thanks, I have it open but haven't got to it yet. Playing catch up with all of the MWC news today at the moment.

Looking forward to reading it! So far, I was very impressed to see that the G6 is way smaller than the (iPhone) 7+ and it has more screen too. Very cool.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-26-2017 07:18 PM
    Thanks, I have it open but haven't got to it yet. Playing catch up with all of the MWC news today at the moment.

Looking forward to reading it! So far, I was very impressed to see that the G6 is way smaller than the (iPhone) 7+ and it has more screen too. Very cool.
    I like what i see so far. If I pull the trigger, it wouldn't be until the fall.
    02-26-2017 07:57 PM
    I don't watch the Academy Awards and really could care less about them. I'm not one for the celebrity nonsense at all... however, that was some mess up about best film. How embarrassing!
    02-27-2017 01:55 AM
    I can honestly say I'm not overly fussed with the new forum design... :/
    Laura Knotek and Muessig like this.
    02-27-2017 01:55 AM
    As for MWC I guess things are OK but I haven't seen anything I want. Oh well. I was hoping Nokia would have released a flagship but apparently Samsung has co-opted all the new chip sets.

I need to think about what I'm going to do now. Do I wait more or jump to something I may not be overly happy with.
    Rose640, Laura Knotek and Muessig like this.
    02-27-2017 01:57 AM
    ... one of the best way to travel in when holidaying. Did that for almost three weeks in New Zealand's south island several years ago. Can't wait to go back.

Gave away my old stereo, which has been with me for nearly 16 years. Have been relying on my TV as a music player, with rather under whelming satisfaction.

Probably end up with a 5 pc home theatre set. Not too loud, but loud enough to annoy the neighbours, slightly !!

... !!
    I've done a few driving trips in Europe and many in Australia, and USA. When we went to NZ we had a car as well. We did the north island. Still need to get to the south but that will be in the future.

Driving is good but we've found for city breaks it's a burden, especially in Europe.

We no longer have a stereo. We sold it recently because we never used it. We use our wireless speakers and streaming service. As I'm not a huge movie watcher getting a home theatre set is rather pointless.

I may get a better sound system in the future when I have more room. :)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 02:05 AM
    Muessig you should have put a link to the feedback forum.

In any case I'm finding the Quick Reply window while quoting someone's post way too small.

Actually the Quick Reply in general is tiny.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 02-27-2017 at 11:26 PM.
    Laura Knotek and Muessig like this.
    02-27-2017 02:08 AM
    While I understand the rules of these things. She should have got her citizenship to avoid this. However, this is the reality of Brexit Britain. Unashamedly mean.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...n-for-27-years
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 02:11 AM
    As for MWC I guess things are OK but I haven't seen anything I want. Oh well. I was hoping Nokia would have released a flagship but apparently Samsung has co-opted all the new chip sets.

I need to think about what I'm going to do now. Do I wait more or jump to something I may not be overly happy with.
    Wait for an overpriced Sony.
    While I understand the rules of these things. She should have got her citizenship to avoid this. However, this is the reality of Brexit Britain. Unashamedly mean.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 06:05 AM

You said the key thing here "she should have gotten her citizenship". I feel bad for her, but if you're in a position to get this, then get it.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 06:09 AM
    Wait for an overpriced Sony.
    There's already an overpriced Sony out so no, I'm not getting that. It's way too shinny.

I may consider the older model however as it's come down to my price point now.
    02-27-2017 06:39 AM
    You said the key thing here "she should have gotten her citizenship". I feel bad for her, but if you're in a position to get this, then get it.
    The big issue here is that with EU citizens being put into this kind of position they're all getting worried about things like this happening to them. It's a big mess with the Brexit thing.

However, though I sympathise in this situation I am left wondering why after 30 years in the UK she didn't get her citizenship? If you're planning on staying there what's the issue? I can only think money but still...

I can understand that some people just 'assume' things but when she's a person who's not an EU citizen and had to go through the proper channels to get permanent residency I find it hard when someone claims ignorance on the rules. All she'd had to do was return to the UK, stay for a week then head back out, so long as her permanent residency was up to date she'd be fine. Having citizenship would have made this a non issue.

I don't know if Singapore doesn't allow dual citizenship or not so that may have been one of the reasons behind her not wanting to get UK but it doesn't say that in the article.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 06:46 AM
    There's already an overpriced Sony out so no, I'm not getting that. It's way too shinny.

I may consider the older model however as it's come down to my price point now.
    I was talking about the older model, which is still overpriced...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 07:24 AM
    I was talking about the older model, which is still overpriced...
    I can get it under £400 (new) now so it's closer to what I wanted to pay for it.

I don't see that as being over priced. Just closer to where it should have been originally.

I personally find all newer phones overpriced to be honest.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 07:48 AM
    I can get it under £400 (new) now so it's closer to what I wanted to pay for it.

I don't see that as being over priced. Just closer to where it should have been originally.

I personally find all newer phones overpriced to be honest.
    Looks like we'll agree partly on this one...It should have started out at £400, but now i see it more as a £280 phone.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 07:51 AM
    The big issue here is that with EU citizens being put into this kind of position they're all getting worried about things like this happening to them. It's a big mess with the Brexit thing.

However, though I sympathise in this situation I am left wondering why after 30 years in the UK she didn't get her citizenship? If you're planning on staying there what's the issue? I can only think money but still...

I can understand that some people just 'assume' things but when she's a person who's not an EU citizen and had to go through the proper channels to get permanent residency I find it hard when someone claims ignorance on the rules. All she'd had to do was return to the UK, stay for a week then head back out, so long as her permanent residency was up to date she'd be fine. Having citizenship would have made this a non issue.

I don't know if Singapore doesn't allow dual citizenship or not so that may have been one of the reasons behind her not wanting to get UK but it doesn't say that in the article.
    Found out Singapore doesn't allow dual citizenship. So I can only assume that's why she wanted to keep it so that it was easier to travel and stay there to take care of the parents.

I get that, totally understandable. I believe that she probably could have discussed things with immigration prior to going to let them know the situation and got some kind of paperwork to ensure her return. Most people don't think like that of course, especially when stressed.
    02-27-2017 07:54 AM
    Looks like we'll agree partly on this one...It should have started out at £400, but now i see it more as a £280 phone.
    If I could find it for £280 in newish condition I'd buy it tomorrow but I want it carrier unlocked, non US and 64GB model.

I'm not sure I'd consider it that cheap of a phone. What's comparable to it at the moment?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 07:55 AM
    If I could find it for £280 in newish condition I'd buy it tomorrow but I want it carrier unlocked, non US and 64GB model.

I'm not sure I'd consider it that cheap of a phone. What's comparable to it at the moment?
    My guess is you'd be able to get a OnePlus 3T in that range.
    02-27-2017 08:00 AM
    My guess is you'd be able to get a OnePlus 3T in that range.
    Yeah but I'm not interested in that large of a phone. Which is why I wouldn't consider it.

The other being I'm not entirely sure I trust OnePlus.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 08:02 AM
    Yeah but I'm not interested in that large of a phone. Which is why I wouldn't consider it.

The other being I'm not entirely sure I trust OnePlus.
    New -
    OP 3T - £355
    Sony XZ - £400

Sure the OP 3T has better specs just doesn't appeal really. I get your point though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 08:18 AM
    New -
    OP 3T - £355
    Sony XZ - £400

Sure the OP 3T has better specs just doesn't appeal really. I get your point though.
    Yeah I think you're in a hard place right now when it comes to choices. You're not interested in the Honor 8, and the Nokia 5 is probably too low of specs for you. The XZ might be your best bet.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 08:30 AM
144,455 ... 52605261526252635264 ...