New -
    OP 3T - £355
    Sony XZ - £400

Sure the OP 3T has better specs just doesn't appeal really. I get your point though.
    There's other stuff you've said no to...Honor 8, P9, etc. You could do a Sony X Compact (placeholder), Samsung A5 2017 (if you can find it at a good price).

You've got options, but it's what you think that tickles your fancy...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 09:30 AM
    If I could find it for £280 in newish condition I'd buy it tomorrow but I want it carrier unlocked, non US and 64GB model.

I'm not sure I'd consider it that cheap of a phone. What's comparable to it at the moment?
    There is a website where you can get it new for a cheap price, I'm surprised that MIA didn't mention it. I'll send details.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 09:50 AM
    Yeah I think you're in a hard place right now when it comes to choices. You're not interested in the Honor 8, and the Nokia 5 is probably too low of specs for you. The XZ might be your best bet.
    Unfortunately, Nokia disappointed me and most people wanting a flagship device.

The phones are nice for their category though.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 09:51 AM
    There is a website where you can get it new for a cheap price, I'm surprised that MIA didn't mention it. I'll send details.
    Send away... I'm curious now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 09:52 AM
    There's other stuff you've said no to...Honor 8, P9, etc. You could do a Sony X Compact (placeholder), Samsung A5 2017 (if you can find it at a good price).

You've got options, but it's what you think that tickles your fancy...
    I think my issue is that I don't like to change my devices that frequently and buying something 'just because' feels rather wasteful and pointless.

I'd just feel that I just 'settled' for something and would just feel unconnected to it.

I can't really explain it. I'd just rather buy something I like. Not much out there unfortunately.
    Laura Knotek and MSFTisMIA like this.
    02-27-2017 09:55 AM
    Unfortunately, Nokia disappointed me and most people wanting a flagship device.

The phones are nice for their category though.
    I don't think you're alone here at all on feeling that way. Nokia had no choice but to do this, even though I'll admit that I was kind of disappointed too.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 10:12 AM
    It looks nice. I'll be curious for the in hand feel is like. I'm not rushing to replace my Honor 8, but I'll certainly look at this year's offerings in the store.
    Honor 8 is another pretty device. I heared that it has the fastest fingerprint scanner?

I think Samsung's going to kill it this year. People simply like the edge display, and that's another thing I believe is going to help Huawei witj their sales.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 10:18 AM
    I don't watch the Academy Awards and really could care less about them. I'm not one for the celebrity nonsense at all... however, that was some mess up about best film. How embarrassing!
    What happened?
    02-27-2017 10:20 AM
    As for MWC I guess things are OK but I haven't seen anything I want. Oh well. I was hoping Nokia would have released a flagship but apparently Samsung has co-opted all the new chip sets.

I need to think about what I'm going to do now. Do I wait more or jump to something I may not be overly happy with.
    What about the G6 or P10? They're pretty and more than fabolous?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 10:20 AM
    Honor 8 is another pretty device. I heared that it has the fastest fingerprint scanner?

I think Samsung's going to kill it this year. People simply like the edge display, and that's another thing I believe is going to help Huawei witj their sales.
    It is very fast with the fingerprint scanner!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 10:22 AM
    What happened?
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...oscars-blunder
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 10:30 AM
    The G6 doesn't really appeal to me nor the P10. They're OK but I'm just not that interested.
    Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 10:30 AM
    The G6 doesn't really appeal to me nor the P10. They're OK but I'm just not that interested.
    Looks like that there's nothing out there that really suits you :D.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-27-2017 10:50 AM
    So basically they did one of the "Joey" episodes where he mistakes some Ukrainian actress for legit winner.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-27-2017 10:55 AM
    Looks like that there's nothing out there that really suits you :D.
    Very true. I don't like the huge finger print scanner on the P10. I'm not a fan of the bezel on the G6. Both are rather average looking.

The reason I like the XZ is for the looks. It's stylish and the finger print button is in a great place.

However, it's not the best phone around. Not that I'm after the best, I just want something I'm going to like for about two years.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    02-27-2017 11:02 AM
    I have to leave you something to tell him, right?
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 11:14 AM
    I think my issue is that I don't like to change my devices that frequently and buying something 'just because' feels rather wasteful and pointless.

I'd just feel that I just 'settled' for something and would just feel unconnected to it.

I can't really explain it. I'd just rather buy something I like. Not much out there unfortunately.
    I totally understand. It is often why i always suggest to people never really read into reviews too much. Go in the shop if you can and feel out the device. Most times, it'll give you a good idea...Especially if the shop has a good return policy and you normally care your devices.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 11:16 AM

Huawei makes the fastest in the business currently, IMO. They're clearly the fastest ones I've used...And it isn't even close.
    Laura Knotek and Rose640 like this.
    02-27-2017 11:17 AM
    He's like me...Prefers them compact.
    N_LaRUE, libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 11:18 AM
    He's like me...Prefers them compact.
    Well, 5 to 5.2". Anything smaller or larger is not really preferred.
    02-27-2017 11:22 AM
    Well, 5 to 5.2". Anything smaller or larger is not really preferred.
    That's the sweet spot indeed. Except for when they can fit a bigger screen in a body that size...
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 11:26 AM
    I hate that it's so hard to find a nice smaller device.

I would like to have something smaller than the Honor 8 that isn't trash. The Honor 8 is fairly smaller but I have been spoiled by my iPhone SE.
    N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 11:27 AM
    I hate that it's so hard to find a nice smaller device.

I would like to have something smaller than the Honor 8 that isn't trash. The Honor 8 is fairly smaller but I have been spoiled by my iPhone SE.
    For me, the three chalk phones...iPhone 7, S7 and especially the Pixel have the best in hand feel.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 11:38 AM
    Compact phones are becoming rare these days. The Sony devices look decent but man do they have really tall chins, I thought the Pixel was bad, these are worse!
    02-27-2017 11:40 AM
    For me, the three chalk phones...iPhone 7, S7 and especially the Pixel have the best in hand feel.
    Having owned all three, I like the Pixel feel in hand the best, followed by the iPhone 7 and then the S7.
    02-27-2017 11:41 AM
145,170 ... 52615262526352645265 ...