I hate that it's so hard to find a nice smaller device.

I would like to have something smaller than the Honor 8 that isn't trash. The Honor 8 is fairly smaller but I have been spoiled by my iPhone SE.
    I can't type on the SE, sorry a bit too small for me.
    02-27-2017 10:42 AM
    Been there, done that. Agreed...Too small.
    libra89, Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-27-2017 10:48 AM
    Off to meetings for the rest of the day. I will catch up on the thread in about 7 odd hours or so.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 10:59 AM
    Having owned all three, I like the Pixel feel in hand the best, followed by the iPhone 7 and then the S7.
    I was highly impressed how the iPhone 7 felt in hand. I'd have gotten the black one (if I liked this kind of fruit) as it made those top and bottom bezels melt better into the screen visually. The Pixel feels great. I would get one but it's priced out of my bracket and Google will only give 2 years worth of updates and 3 years worth of security patches. If Google was willing to do 3 years of OS updates, I'd save an buy one.

Otherwise, it just doesn't justify that price tag for me.
    02-27-2017 11:08 AM
    Been there, done that. Agreed...Too small.
    I can understand this. Everyone is different of course with what works for them.

For me, I prefer to type one handed (and really do everything that way) so it's almost excellent for me even though I have long fingers. Add in a keyboard with gliding like GBoard and Word Flow, and I'm all set.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-27-2017 11:10 AM
    Compact phones are becoming rare these days. The Sony devices look decent but man do they have really tall chins, I thought the Pixel was bad, these are worse!
    As you know, Sony's stuff has always looked nice but they age them too fast and keep doing too many incremental updates at the same high price.

I like the fact they've slimmed down their lineup, but being "solid" isn't enough in the high end and especially the midrange segment.

They make well made devices...my Z3 tablet compact still is killer...but they just keep missing...
    02-27-2017 11:11 AM
    I think my favorite feature on the Honor 8 is the eye comfort mode. I've left it on permanently and for me, it makes the screen such nicer for me to use. I wish my tablet had this mode...
    02-27-2017 11:13 AM
    Compact phones are becoming rare these days. The Sony devices look decent but man do they have really tall chins, I thought the Pixel was bad, these are worse!
    So true and I hate it. I just had to try the X Compact last year because it sounded so nice. It felt slightly laggy but the real disappointment was in the cameras so I had to send it back.

Occasionally, I'm curious if that improved on Nougat or not.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 11:13 AM
    I think my favorite feature on the Honor 8 is the eye comfort mode. I've left it on permanently and for me, it makes the screen such nicer for me to use. I wish my tablet had this mode...
    Nice! I don't think I have tried that before. That's awesome that it works so well for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 11:15 AM
    Nice! I don't think I have tried that before. That's awesome that it works so well for you.
    I like cooler colors on the screen but that blue hint isn't so great for my eyes long term. It's why as much as I like LCDs, I prefer using AMOLED screens. Still, this eye comfort mode on the Honor 8 still gives me that realistic look of LCD but with less eye strain. Heard the G6 has an eye comfort mode too, so that's interesting.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 11:28 AM
    I can understand this. Everyone is different of course with what works for them.

For me, I prefer to type one handed (and really do everything that way) so it's almost excellent for me even though I have long fingers. Add in a keyboard with gliding like GBoard and Word Flow, and I'm all set.
    Apple works best on a smaller phone...I'm not sure if they stretched it appropriately for larger screens.
    libra89, N_LaRUE and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 12:33 PM
    Well, 5 to 5.2". Anything smaller or larger is not really preferred.
    I haven't really spent that much time with screens larger than 5'', that's why'd like to get one. Just to se how it feels like. I've got big hands, so managing the phone shouldn't be a problem.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-27-2017 01:08 PM
    I haven't really spent that much time with screens larger than 5'', that's why'd like to get one. Just to se how it feels like. I've got big hands, so managing the phone shouldn't be a problem.
    My hands are fairly large, I can one hand a 5.2" phone easily, but I'm not a fan of carrying around a massive phone.

I don't usually carry a bag around with me so it has to be pocket-able. Not all my jeans or pants have deep pockets. I'd worry about it falling out.
    libra89, Rose640 and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 03:35 PM
    Apple works best on a smaller phone...I'm not sure if they stretched it appropriately for larger screens.
    I think you might be right. I remember seeing a post on AC about how Apple failed to scale properly in the dialer for the plus models. The person who posted that had images of how the dialer doesn't scale to match the Plus in the best way.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-27-2017 03:46 PM
    My hands are fairly large, I can one hand a 5.2" phone easily, but I'm not a fan of carrying around a massive phone.

I don't usually carry a bag around with me so it has to be pocket-able. Not all my jeans or pants have deep pockets. I'd worry about it falling out.
    I do have a bag with me most of the time, but I never carry my phone in it. And now that you've mentioned it, it could be an issue fitting it into a pocket. Never really thought of that.
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-27-2017 04:03 PM
    I think you might be right. I remember seeing a post on AC about how Apple failed to scale properly in the dialer for the plus models. The person who posted that had images of how the dialer doesn't scale to match the Plus in the best way.
    Android used to be horrible upscaled, but it's much better now. Makes me miss the old windows 8 design...
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and N_LaRUE like this.
    02-27-2017 04:07 PM
    Hype train is in official overdrive for the G6 today. If I see another G6 video, I'll hurl...
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    02-27-2017 04:29 PM
    Hah nice spelling of my name @larue lol... Your totally right I should have put a link to the forum!

In other news it's pretty much official now that I got the promotion I was after. Woo.
    02-27-2017 04:34 PM
    Hah nice spelling of my name @larue lol... Your totally right I should have put a link to the forum!

In other news it's pretty much official now that I got the promotion I was after. Woo.
    Congratulations!😊 That's great news.
    libra89 and Muessig like this.
    02-27-2017 05:04 PM
    Just picked up a Mi Note 2 in black, the 6GB/128GB version. Pretty cool device. Am glad it came with a case. It is slippery!
    libra89 and azcruz like this.
    02-27-2017 05:41 PM

Congrats!! Did you already start or will you be starting soon?
    Muessig likes this.
    02-27-2017 05:56 PM
    Just picked up a Mi Note 2 in black, the 6GB/128GB version. Pretty cool device. Am glad it came with a case. It is slippery!
    Very nice, congrats on your new toy!
    worldspy99 likes this.
    02-27-2017 05:57 PM
    Hype train is in official overdrive for the G6 today. If I see another G6 video, I'll hurl...
    Save your barfing for the S8 launch party 😀
    libra89 likes this.
    02-27-2017 06:01 PM
    Save your barfing for the S8 launch party 😀
    I'll read the S8 coverage while on the toilet to facilitate some good bowel movement...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    02-27-2017 08:01 PM
    Looks like a WTF moment happened with my mail...Need to make a trip to the post office...
    N_LaRUE likes this.
    02-27-2017 08:04 PM
144,474 ... 52625263526452655266 ...