I really wish I could have gotten to use a 950. While I like the XL and think it is a better device of the two, the 950 has that smaller form factor I really like and would make it a more active second phone for me.
    I can understand this. The 950 is barely taller than the Honor 8 but I think the 8 is narrower. I forgot really.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-04-2017 12:43 AM
    Just a picture of where I went yesterday.
    03-04-2017 02:55 AM
    I can understand this. The 950 is barely taller than the Honor 8 but I think the 8 is narrower. I forgot really.
    It's why I was going to go the larger Android screen and smaller WP route...
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    03-04-2017 07:04 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d672498783.jpg
    That's gorgeous! 😊
    N_LaRUE and libra89 like this.
    03-04-2017 10:40 AM
    Same area different perspective.
    03-04-2017 10:54 AM
    This bug with the Honor 8 is annoying. If a factory reset and data restore doesn't help...Swappa it is.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-04-2017 12:44 PM
    This bug with the Honor 8 is annoying. If a factory reset and data restore doesn't help...Swappa it is.
    Wanna try a Pixel? Ping me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-04-2017 12:48 PM
    Wanna try a Pixel? Ping me.
    Check your messages.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-04-2017 12:54 PM
    Speaking of the Honor 8, if I will sell or not depends on what software it comes back to me with.

There's really no other Android phones for me that feel the same. It seems like everything is tall!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-04-2017 01:47 PM
    Wow that sounds annoying. Ahh I hope it would work out for you somehow.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-04-2017 01:48 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d672498783.jpg
    Wow!
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-04-2017 01:49 PM
    Speaking of the Honor 8, if I will sell or not depends on what software it comes back to me with.

There's really no other Android phones for me that feel the same. It seems like everything is tall!
    "That's what she said..."
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-04-2017 01:49 PM

To me, it's an OK device. The camera is nice and the design is really good. I like the eye comfort mode and the software tricks with the fingerprint scanner are nice. I still enjoyed my time with the Mi 5 more. It's like the Pixel in terms of how compact it was...and felt as light as the 950, even though it was a glass and metal build.
    03-04-2017 01:53 PM
    Wow that sounds annoying. Ahh I hope it would work out for you somehow.
    I hope so too. It is a solid enough device that I don't mind keeping around...But if every time I'm using my wired headphones and a call comes in while I'm listening to music and the phone keeps automatically answering the call, then it has to go.
    03-04-2017 02:08 PM
    "That's what she said..."
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-04-2017 02:12 PM
    Yeah, you walked into that one, but it's all good...Some girls like compact for their own reasons...
    Laura Knotek and libra89 like this.
    03-04-2017 02:20 PM
    I hope so too. It is a solid enough device that I don't mind keeping around...But if every time I'm using my wired headphones and a call comes in while I'm listening to music and the phone keeps automatically answering the call, then it has to go.
    This may sound like a small bother to people, but this has never, ever, ever happened to me in all the Android phones I've used...Especially since I've used Wear. When the GF called me once, I saw a brief notification flash but the phone picked the call up automatically. I am digging in settings and cannot find it. Maybe if I uninstall an app or two I'll see if that helps...But f all else fails, I'm selling the honor 8.
    03-04-2017 02:24 PM
    Yeah, you walked into that one, but it's all good...Some girls like compact for their own reasons...
    Lol! This girl loves compact phones. I have even tried androids smaller than the Honor 8 (pixel aside) and the size was great but it fell short of the 8 in other ways. Not into the Galaxy phones either.

Tall phones can't even fit in my work pants pockets, which makes them all useless to me.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-04-2017 02:28 PM
    Lol! This girl loves compact phones. I have even tried androids smaller than the Honor 8 (pixel aside) and the size was great but it fell short of the 8 in other ways. Not into the Galaxy phones either.

Tall phones can't even fit in my work pants pockets, which makes them all useless to me.
    Have you tried Wear yet?
    03-04-2017 02:29 PM
    This may sound like a small bother to people, but this has never, ever, ever happened to me in all the Android phones I've used...Especially since I've used Wear. When the GF called me once, I saw a brief notification flash but the phone picked the call up automatically. I am digging in settings and cannot find it. Maybe if I uninstall an app or two I'll see if that helps...But f all else fails, I'm selling the honor 8.
    It doesn't sound small to me at all. We all have different things that are important to us. It only makes sense that if it doesn't work, you are going to be done with the phone.

I have tried some androids that sync my exchange contacts but then they disappear. I liked it but that was a pain for me. I need my contacts to just work.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-04-2017 02:32 PM
    Have you tried Wear yet?
    Nope. I have a smart band that I liked but I think I'm good on smart watches for now.

If I was to get one, I would get the Vector Luna since it works/worked with WP too. That's before they were bought by FitBit.
    MSFTisMIA and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-04-2017 02:34 PM

So that's why she said "tall and narrow just doesn't work...It cannot fit into my pants." But, I'm even more confused as I thought it's a better fit outside of the pants...
    Laura Knotek and N_LaRUE like this.
    03-04-2017 02:35 PM
    Nope. I have a smart band that I liked but I think I'm good on smart watches for now.
    Understood. It's too polarizing right now...Not compelling enough. I think Google has improved the Wear interface, but it needs assistant to really make it shine...A robust mix of voice prompts would be nice.
    03-04-2017 02:39 PM
    Honestly, I'm waiting for voice recognition to take the next leap. If we can have fingerprint scanners that are pretty good, I'd love to see the Assistant on your phone learn your voice and respond only to your voice. That way, people can either use the "OK Google" prompt and not worry that their phone would get triggered by anyone else else using that "hot phrase", or people get to use their own name for the Assistant.

Extend that functionality on a smartwatch, that may sell too.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-04-2017 02:42 PM
    So that's why she said "tall and narrow just doesn't work...It cannot fit into my pants." But, I'm even more confused as I thought it's a better fit outside of the pants...
    Lol. I should have also said that I am one who uses my phones with one hand. The Honor 8 is the tallest phone that I can do this without strain (even though I can't reach the top without shifting in my hand). The narrowness of it helps with this.

I don't mind narrow as long as it isn't too tall. I put phones only in my front pockets.
    03-04-2017 02:44 PM
142,781 ... 52665267526852695270 ...